ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 for non-EEA parent - please help thanks

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nek17fish
Newly Registered

EEA2 for non-EEA parent - please help thanks

Post by nek17fish » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:57 pm

Hi all,
We have questions around the feasibility of this route - my mom is currently visiting us with dad on general visit visa. She had a bad fall just before the travel, chipped front tooth and hurt cheek :( As their only son I felt really bad not being able to be there for her. We plan to file EEA2 application again for them for this time we meant it!

Some background info on us:
1. Wife is Finnish and I am the 'non-EEA' spouse on EEA2;
2. I came to the UK in 2007 on HSMP (perm position transfer within same company) - been employed full-time since with two job changes (I applied EEA2 in 2008)
3. Wife joined me later with kid in 2007, and found job in one month, stayed full-time employed since with one job change.
4. House owner with enough space for parents to live.
5. Never on any benefits other than the Child Benefit one (now it's cut).
6. We've been married for 10 yrs with two children.

Some background info on my parents:
1. Both retired with enough pension to support themselves - I have sent some gift money back but <£1000 and only twice in last few years.
2. Visited us 3 times on visitor visa, no over stay.
3. Applied EE2 once in 2010 and refused - by receiving the HO letter they already left by end of visitor visa. We just wanted a long term visa rather than 'settle' with us (different from current situation). Hence we didn't appeal - the refusal reason was lack of evidence showing financial dependence.
4. The EEA2 refusal cause issue when they applied for visitor visa the next year, we appealed and got visitor visa issued fine.

I could think emotional support and right to free move as extended EEA family member for them, however these basic human rights seem not 'applicable' any more?
Would like to hear your opinion to see if we should push for this application.

Many thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: EEA2 for non-EEA parent - please help thanks

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:00 pm

nek17fish wrote:Some background info on my parents:
1. Both retired with enough pension to support themselves - I have sent some gift money back but <£1000 and only twice in last few years.
They are not eligible under EU rules; If there welfare (dental or otherwise) is your pressing concern you should consider moving to their location where you can offer daily assistance.

nek17fish
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 for non-EEA parent - please help thanks

Post by nek17fish » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:11 pm

Lucapooka wrote:
nek17fish wrote:Some background info on my parents:
They are not eligible under EU rules. If there welfare (dental or otherwise) is your pressing concern you should consider moving to their location where you can offer daily assistance.
Thanks Luca for your reply, I understand it is a no go in your opinion. Moving back to their location would be ideal if we could find jobs like finding McDonald's under current climate and support two schoolings - dilemma.