ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension doubts-Break between 12 months

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kck9
BANNED

Extension doubts-Break between 12 months

Post by kck9 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:18 pm

Dear Friends,

I am already holding HSMP. This query is regarding extending the HSMP. Initially I got 2 years HSMP visa. If I want to extend I need to show the past earnings over the period of 12 months in the 15 months prior to application.

Now my question is can I break between the 12 months. Like in the last 15 months I worked 1st 7 months and had 2-3 months break and after that 5 months.

Overall I will get 12 months payslips and I can get the amount that they require, but my question is do I need to show the continuous 12 months or can I show the break in between.

Please let me know.

Thank you
Last edited by kck9 on Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reshma

Post by Reshma » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:57 pm

Need not be continous.
Any 12 months out of last 15 months.

Eleven7
Newly Registered

Post by Eleven7 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:40 pm

Dear KCK9,

If you look at past earnings section in the FLR (HSMP) application form, you will see that there is one period allowed to claim earnings. Therefore, it has to continuous period of 12 months in the last 15 months. In other words, you can claim either initial 12 months or last 12 months and 12 months in between but continuous. Someone is extremely unlucky if he/she is not able to earn 3 months in between. This shows the thought given by HO for such major changes in the process. If you still have any doubts, contact FLR Team and clarify from first point of contact. Hope, it helps.

All the very best for your extension whenever it is due.

Eleven7

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:49 pm

Thank you for your replies.

Yes I have gone through the applications and thats the reason I posted this query initially.

Ok I will try to contact the FLR team and try if I can get any better answer.

Thnx for your support

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:53 pm

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:57 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need not be continous.
Any 12 months out of last 15 months.
Reshma, you said it need not be continuous........

Do you know any one applied like this and got the extension.

see Eleven7's comment
If you look at past earnings section in the FLR (HSMP) application form, you will see that there is one period allowed to claim earnings. Therefore, it has to continuous period of 12 months in the last 15 months. In other words, you can claim either initial 12 months or last 12 months and 12 months in between but continuous. Someone is extremely unlucky if he/she is not able to earn 3 months in between. This shows the thought given by HO for such major changes in the process. If you still have any doubts, contact FLR Team and clarify from first point of contact. Hope, it helps.

All the very best for your extension whenever it is due.

Eleven7
Please let me know

Thank you.

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:51 pm

Did anyone applied with this kind of above said situation. if so, please let me know how and what was the result.

Thank you :!:

Musafir
Newly Registered

Post by Musafir » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:30 am

I sent a query regarding break in between of 12 months, I received email advising the 12 months period should be continious. However, I received this email day after my application was couriered.

I have applied from Jan06 to Feb07 giving 2 months break in between. But in my case I have resigned from my previous job and on the same day I have signed for another job, and went on holiday for 2 months.

I get 45 points whatever period is calculated including 2 months break

Also, note that in hsmp guidance the period is said to be any 12 months out of 15 months and no where it says consecutive 12 months.

I have not yet received any decision yet.

hope this helps[/b]

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:54 pm

Hello Musafir,
Thanks for ur reply. That might be the same situation for me. The only difference it might make is I may not join the 2nd job as soon as I leave the first job. My contract is running out in my 1st job and it might take time to get into my 2nd job. But for sure I can get through in couple of months. The only doubt is do u think they will consider the payslips leaving those 2 months in the middle or not. I am planning to go to India aswell. Thts the reason I am saying as there may be 2 month break.

Anyway, Please keep me updated.

Thank you and good luck for your application

vc

Post by vc » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Dear Musafir, The guidance notes mention "Single 12 month period within the 15 months prior to your application". So any break, unfortunately would mean lesse points.

Musafir
Newly Registered

Post by Musafir » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:24 am

Dear VC

Guidance Notes from HSMP April 2007

Previous Earnings

Introduction and Points Available
You can claim points for your previous
earnings obtained from your work.
We will assess your gross earnings before tax
over a total period of up to 12 months out of the
15 months immediately prior to your application.
The earnings can be for any 12 month period out
of the last 15 months
. This applies if you are in
salaried or non-salaried employment.

Guidance Notes from HSMP Jan 2007
Previous Earnings

Introduction and Points Available
You can claim points for your previous earnings obtained from your work.

We will assess your gross earnings before tax over a total period of up to 12 months out of the 15 months immediately prior to your application. The earnings can be for any 12 month period out of the last 15 months. This applies if you are in salaried or non-salaried employment.

Musafir
Newly Registered

Any update on your application status?

Post by Musafir » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:31 am

Hi KCK9

Any update on your app ?

I received an email yday saying decision made, hopefully I'll get my docs by next week.

Cheers

vc

Post by vc » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:03 pm

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/1 ... pril07.pdf

Have a look at page 24, FLR (HSMP) guidance notes, it does mention "Single 12 month period within the 15 months directly prior to your application".