ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am I allowed to apply for ILR if I stayed in UK with 2 WPs

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Harrymady
Newly Registered

Am I allowed to apply for ILR if I stayed in UK with 2 WPs

Post by Harrymady » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:56 am

Hi,

I have a work permit which will expire soon, was in UK with that work permit for more than 4 years which will expire soon. Now I need to apply a new work permit, am I still eligible to apply for ILR? I was told that person can get ILR only if that person has stayed in UK on same WP.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Am I allowed to apply for ILR if I stayed in UK with 2 W

Post by physicskate » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:39 pm

Harrymady wrote:Hi,

I have a work permit which will expire soon, was in UK with that work permit for more than 4 years which will expire soon. Now I need to apply a new work permit, am I still eligible to apply for ILR? I was told that person can get ILR only if that person has stayed in UK on same WP.
You will be eligible. The person who told you didn't know what they are talking about. But don't take my word for it, check it out for yourself:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ettlement/

Harrymady
Newly Registered

Post by Harrymady » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:25 pm

Sorry I should have made more clear in my Post, I was initially on the old Work permit before Tier 2 ICT was introduced and kept renewing on the old Work Permit. Now I am outside UK and since Work Permit was expiring my company asked me to apply for a new Work Permit from outside UK. But the category which they will be applying will be under Tier 2 ICT.

Will there be any chances of applying for ILR.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:42 pm

Harrymady wrote:Sorry I should have made more clear in my Post, I was initially on the old Work permit before Tier 2 ICT was introduced and kept renewing on the old Work Permit. Now I am outside UK and since Work Permit was expiring my company asked me to apply for a new Work Permit from outside UK. But the category which they will be applying will be under Tier 2 ICT.

That's an ENTIRELY different kettle of fish.

Dates of visas? Why are you out of the UK (work trip?)? When did you leave?

Don't apply for entry clearance (you might be subject to cooling off period anyway).

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:40 pm

Harrymady wrote:But the category which they will be applying will be under Tier 2 ICT.

If you apply for new EC as a T2 ICT Migrant now, then you will not be eligible to apply for ILR under that immigration category, as T2 ICT (granted after 6 April 2010) is not a immigration category that leads to settlement.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ettlement/