ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR delay in decision

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lichi2015
Newly Registered

ILR delay in decision

Post by lichi2015 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:40 pm

Hi
I need some help regarding ILR, although I fulfill all the requirements of ILR under T2 but my application is delayed more than six months and I have received no response from UKBA.
Can anybody help me with possible action should I take, and can I take the home office to court without a decision in my hand.
What are the possible consequences of awaking or shaking UKBA through court?

Thanks for your advice, but four of my children has already completed seven years in the UK all as Tier 2 dependent, does it make any difference or my position becomes any stronger it is also important that my children seven year residence is fully covered with valid T2 visas.
Last edited by lichi2015 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: ILR delay in decision

Post by physicskate » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:54 pm

lichi2015 wrote:Hi
I need some help regarding ILR, although I fulfill all the requirements of ILR under T2 but my application is delayed more than six months and I have received no response from UKBA.
Can anybody help me with possible action should I take, and can I take the home office to court without a decision in my hand.
Contact your MP.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:13 pm

]

CWs attend the ILR applications on a number sequence. First In First Out. You could contact your MP. Definitely UKBA will respond. I don't think they will give any reasons for the delay to your M.P. Is there a possibility for them to do further checks on your documents? You only will know that.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:16 pm

One Good advise I could give you is don't waste your hard earned money ,by taking UKBA to courts. It's not easy as you think. A very difficult process.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

lichi2015
Newly Registered

Post by lichi2015 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:06 am

Kevin24 wrote:
One Good advise I could give you is don't waste your hard earned money ,by taking UKBA to courts. It's not easy as you think. A very difficult process.
Thanks for your advice, but four of my children has already completed seven years in the UK all as Tier 2 dependent, does it make any difference or my position becomes any stronger it is also important that my children seven year residence is fully covered with valid T2 visas.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:26 pm

The UKBA will take their sweet time with your application. They will 'consider' all of the facts you have included. Then they will reach a decision. Nothing on this earth seems to be able to make them shift faster. The fact that you have a strong (or indeed if you had a questionable) case will not make them reach a decision faster.

Contact your MP. That is the protocol.