ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Main ILR applicant by PEO and dependant by post

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shace

Main ILR applicant by PEO and dependant by post

Post by Shace » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:29 am

Hi

Is it possible for me to attend PEO for my ILR application and then send the dependents applications(wife+2 kids) through the postal application(currently on Tier 1 VISA). only reason is to save money..still not sure whether I can do this.

any advice please
thank you
shace

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:35 am

Not for a joint ILR application on the same form. However, if you are applying for ILR and they are applying for FLR, that would be possible.

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:37 pm

you can do it if they are eligible and there visa does not expire soon.
Get your ILR first once you recive your BRP then apply for depdents+kids by post but note it may take 3-4 months to know the outcome.

Lucapooka
Why do think it will be a problem if they apply seperately for ILR ?

alanwong

Re: Main ILR applicant by PEO and dependant by post

Post by alanwong » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:18 pm

Shace wrote:Hi

Is it possible for me to attend PEO for my ILR application and then send the dependents applications(wife+2 kids) through the postal application(currently on Tier 1 VISA). only reason is to save money..still not sure whether I can do this.

any advice please
thank you
shace
Yes, you can. If dependents' visas do not expire soon.
This will save you about 800 pounds.
If your kids were UK born, and you want to apply for citizenship eventually, then no need to apply ILR for them. In this way, you only have your wife as your dependent, and it will only save you about 100 pounds.

Shace

Post by Shace » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:11 pm

thanks guys for the quick reply, our visa expires on 14/07/13 (mine, wife and 2 kids)
I can apply for
ILR on 4/06/13. If i go for PEO on 4th june and get the ILR can I apply for my wife + kids
very next day on post, the reason i am asking this question is someone told that if I switch
visa from tier 1 to ILR. automatically my dependents visa will have to be switched at the same time
or it will be invalid since they are not a dependent of tier 1 visa. is this correct?
or should I just send everyones application in post?

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:12 am

Shace wrote:thanks guys for the quick reply, our visa expires on 14/07/13 (mine, wife and 2 kids)
I can apply for
ILR on 4/06/13. If i go for PEO on 4th june and get the ILR can I apply for my wife + kids
very next day on post, the reason i am asking this question is someone told that if I switch
visa from tier 1 to ILR. automatically my dependents visa will have to be switched at the same time
or it will be invalid since they are not a dependent of tier 1 visa. is this correct?
or should I just send everyones application in post?
they do not have to apply at the same time with you. Their visas will be valid if they do not expire. Search the forum and you will get some answers.

Anio

Post by Anio » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:27 am

I have the same plan as you Shace but will apply one month later than yourself. My confusion was in what form to use for my dependants.

If any answers, please share.

Thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:22 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.