ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Part qualified accountant - PSW to Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kringo77
Newly Registered

Part qualified accountant - PSW to Tier 2

Post by kringo77 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:52 pm

Hi,
I have cleared 13 out of 14 papers of ACCA and got my PSW in 2011 at bechalors honors degree "2.1" from oxford brooks.I have a job offer from practice based in canary wharf and they are " Arated" and currently have 2 unused cos.They are willing to sponsor me at salary of £2300 pm annualy.However I got two questions which are confusing me.

1"Can I write down the code "2421", because I am currently doing all of these tasks,But the term "Qualified" is confusing me.Does they mean fully qualified accountant? or I can apply at the basis of my Bechalors Degree?
Chartered
and certified
accountants
Accountant
(qualified)
Auditor (qualified)
Certified
accountant
Chartered
accountant
Company
accountant
• plans and oversees implementation of
accountancy system and policies
• prepares financial documents and reports
for management, shareholders, statutory
or other bodies
• audits accounts and book-keeping
records
• prepares tax returns, advises on tax
problems and contests disputed claim
before tax official
• conducts financial investigations
concerning insolvency, fraud, possible

2)Do I need to show any previous employment at the same company,is there any minimum time scale you have to be employed by the company?
Please reply Asap,as my visa is running out in December...Thx

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:01 pm

are you qualified to ACCA Part 1, 2 or 3? If you are the min salaries are in the code of practice:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Fully qualified means chartered/certified.
It is your sponsor's responsibilitry to determine the appropriate SOC code and applicable min. salary.
no

kringo77
Newly Registered

Post by kringo77 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:02 pm

Thx for reply and yeah its quite confusing.I am part 2 qualified ACCA and also cleared my 4 professional papers of part 3 of ACCA only one more paper to go and I will be fully qualified.
However the SOC description is quite confusing,as I mentioned earlier that they clearly say that "Certified or Qualified Accountant or Auditor".What do they actually mean by that Fully qualified ACCA or part 2 qualified ACCA can also apply in that SOC code?
My salary assigned by sponsor is 24k on the basis of part qualification and my bechalors honors degree with 2.1.
My question is that can i aplly under that Soc code for qualified accountant as it is clearly matched the duties I am doing or should I have to pass my last exam of ACCA to be qualified accountant and than apply which for sure I dont have time to do in this attempt of December exams.
AM i eligible for Tier 2 on the basis of bechalors degree or part qualification or Shotld i have to be fully qualified ACCA?
Please answer ASAP,i will be very gratefull to you?

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:23 pm

You don't have to be qualified at the job role of qualified accountant as long as you have job role mentioned in SOC you can use the code
they said in Tier 2 Policy Guidance that does not mean that you must be educated to that level, it means that the job is at that level.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:05 pm

SOC code 2421
Minimum rates:

• ACCA Part 1 qualified £14,000
ACCA Part 2 qualified £17,000
• ACCA Part 3 qualified £20,000
• Trainee in public practice, Foundation £13,000
• Trainee in public practice, Advanced £16,000
• Newly fully qualified £27,000
• Fully qualified with post-qualification experience £33,000

ajek01

Post by ajek01 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:58 pm

Hi, I am in kinda same situation. I am on PSW, my current job position is accounts assistant and salary is £18k. I am part 2 qualified. My questions are:

1) when I apply for tier 2, can I apply with my current salary £18k (as codes of practice indicates that for part 2 qualified accountant minimum salary is £17k)?

2) Although I am an accounts assistant, but I do some tasks listed in SOC code 2412. When i apply for T2, do I have to change my job title to 'part qualified accountant'?

3) My visa expires on 23 May 2013 and my employer is already an A rated sponsor. When should my employer request for a COS for me?

I'd really appreciate your help.
Best regards

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:51 pm

ajek01 wrote:
1) when I apply for tier 2, can I apply with my current salary £18k (as codes of practice indicates that for part 2 qualified accountant minimum salary is £17k)? Your salary must be 20K or the min from the Soc code, whichever is GREATER. So it seems, in your case, you must be paid 20K or you will be rejected, if the min for your soc code is less than 20K.

3) My visa expires on 23 May 2013 and my employer is already an A rated sponsor. When should my employer request for a COS for me? Whenever you are ready to apply (paid the appropriate amount, etc). Do you have the maintenance or will your employer be paying for this? That is something to consider in your timeline.

Best regards

ajek01

Post by ajek01 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:29 pm

Hi Physicskate,
Many thanks for your reply. I'll pay my maintenance.
If someone could help me with question 2, I'll be really greatfull.

Best regards

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:24 am

ajek01 wrote:Hi, I am in kinda same situation. I am on PSW, my current job position is accounts assistant and salary is £18k. I am part 2 qualified. My questions are:

1) when I apply for tier 2, can I apply with my current salary £18k (as codes of practice indicates that for part 2 qualified accountant minimum salary is £17k)? £20k is the minimum for T2G sponsored migrants, UKBA will not accept £18k

2) Although I am an accounts assistant, but I do some tasks listed in SOC code 2412. When i apply for T2, do I have to change my job title to 'part qualified accountant'? No, the job title is not important, what matters is the job description. If you are doing the tasks in the description of SOC 2421 then this is the correct code. You are a qualified accountant, although not "fully" qualified. In the job title or description in the CoS your ACCA Part 2 qualification should be mentioned so that UKBA can check that you are getting the appropriate salary.

3) My visa expires on 23 May 2013 and my employer is already an A rated sponsor. When should my employer request for a COS for me? Any time provided they have an available T2G CoS allocation. Note that this year's allocations will expire 5 April.
Best regards

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:40 pm

ajek01 wrote:
3) My visa expires on 23 May 2013 and my employer is already an A rated sponsor. When should my employer request for a COS for me?
The sponsor can do one of two things:
1) Ask for one now and assign it to you before the end of the tax year (April 5th, when their allocation will end).

2) Wait for their new allocation and assign to you on or after April 6th.

Of course, if the sponsor already has a CoS in their allocation they can just go ahead and assign it to you some time before April 5th.

ajek01

Post by ajek01 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi Guys, thank you ever so much for your reply. You've been really helpful.
Regards

kringo77
Newly Registered

Post by kringo77 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:21 am

Thank you guys very much for your replies in timely manners,much appreciated.

vinay1986
Newly Registered

Help with Accountant Job Code 2421

Post by vinay1986 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:34 am

Hi guys, I just want some clarifications before going forward:

1. I am currently registered with ACCA and have been exempted with F1, F2, F3 and F4. I assume I am part I qualified?

2. If yes, can I apply as assistant accountant Job code 2421 quoting a salary of £20,001 per annum (more than £20K and above min for part I qualified which is £14,000)?

I really do not want to take any risks and I would really like your advise guys. Further, do I have to attach my ACCA student number /ID Card?

AliZ

In the same boat

Post by AliZ » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:02 pm

Hi members,

I'm also in the similar situation, my current tier 2 visa will expire in Jul 13, I have completed my ACCA exams in 2011 but I'm not a member yet, my current salary is £22,000, also there is no change in my job description, I'm doing the same duties as I was doing before as Part qualified accountant.

So question is does this salary is appropriate when the time come for extension or its has to be £27,000 for Newly Fully Qualified, as I have mentioned above I'm not a member yet, therefore, I'm not fully qualified is that right guys? Big confusion.

Please help

Thank you

Barnhill 1983
Newly Registered

Re: Part qualified accountant - PSW to Tier 2

Post by Barnhill 1983 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:16 pm

kringo77 wrote:Hi,
I have cleared 13 out of 14 papers of ACCA and got my PSW in 2011 at bechalors honors degree "2.1" from oxford brooks.I have a job offer from practice based in canary wharf and they are " Arated" and currently have 2 unused cos.They are willing to sponsor me at salary of £2300 pm annualy.However I got two questions which are confusing me.

1"Can I write down the code "2421", because I am currently doing all of these tasks,But the term "Qualified" is confusing me.Does they mean fully qualified accountant? or I can apply at the basis of my Bechalors Degree?
Chartered
and certified
accountants
Accountant
(qualified)
Auditor (qualified)
Certified
accountant
Chartered
accountant
Company
accountant
• plans and oversees implementation of
accountancy system and policies
• prepares financial documents and reports
for management, shareholders, statutory
or other bodies
• audits accounts and book-keeping
records
• prepares tax returns, advises on tax
problems and contests disputed claim
before tax official
• conducts financial investigations
concerning insolvency, fraud, possible

2)Do I need to show any previous employment at the same company,is there any minimum time scale you have to be employed by the company?
Please reply Asap,as my visa is running out in December...Thx

I am in a similar situation, did you manage to get your visa sorted? If so please suggest me what designation / job profile recommended ?

kringo77
Newly Registered

I HAVE GOT IT.

Post by kringo77 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:17 am

HI friends, I have started this topic and yesterday I have got my tier 2 issued. Every thing is being done by me "PEO" sevice at Lunar House. Its so simple and I am here to help if you need any further information.

tauseef89
Newly Registered

Re: I HAVE GOT IT.

Post by tauseef89 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:22 am

kringo77 wrote:HI friends, I have started this topic and yesterday I have got my tier 2 issued. Every thing is being done by me "PEO" sevice at Lunar House. Its so simple and I am here to help if you need any further information.
Hi How did you book appointment ? Your self or solicitor ?
Which SOC you applied under and what was your salary ?
What did they asked you at PEO ?

Thanks for sharing expereince

wonda
Newly Registered

Re: I HAVE GOT IT.

Post by wonda » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:35 pm

kringo77 wrote:HI friends, I have started this topic and yesterday I have got my tier 2 issued. Every thing is being done by me "PEO" sevice at Lunar House. Its so simple and I am here to help if you need any further information.
1. Did you apply after 6th April, 2013?
2. What was the job title you eventually used and the SOC code?
3. Was there any mention by the assessor of you being fully qualified or reference to it?
I'm part qualified with two papers to go but confused on whether to go with the 2421 code.
Please can you reply ASAP possibly before tomorrow afternoon (25th April) as I'm in desperate need of an answer especially the job title used for your application.Please help!!!

wonda
Newly Registered

Post by wonda » Fri May 03, 2013 8:43 pm

manci wrote:SOC code 2421
Minimum rates:

Hi manci,please can you tell me where you've seen the above information because I don't seem to find it in the SOC document.Thanks..

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Fri May 03, 2013 10:28 pm

wonda wrote:
Minimum rates:

Hi manci,please can you tell me where you've seen the above information because I don't seem to find it in the SOC document.Thanks..
That document has been superseded by new SOC codes from April 6. Things change quickly in the visa game...

wonda
Newly Registered

Post by wonda » Sat May 04, 2013 8:29 pm

ajek01 wrote:Hi, I am in kinda same situation. I am on PSW, my current job position is accounts assistant and salary is £18k. I am part 2 qualified. My questions are:

1) when I apply for tier 2, can I apply with my current salary £18k (as codes of practice indicates that for part 2 qualified accountant minimum salary is £17k)?

2) Although I am an accounts assistant, but I do some tasks listed in SOC code 2412. When i apply for T2, do I have to change my job title to 'part qualified accountant'?

Best regards
Hi,have you applied yet because I'm in a similar situation though I've still got more time on my psw visa?

wpuk2013

ACCA -Tier2 - Min. pay & job descriptions

Post by wpuk2013 » Sun May 05, 2013 9:55 pm

physicskate wrote:
wonda wrote:
Minimum rates:

That document has been superseded by new SOC codes from April 6. Things change quickly in the visa game...
Hi All, I’m an ACCA member, currently working as a Deputy Account Manager. I’m also going to apply for tier 2 as an "experienced worker" may be in June/July.

I think I can go for either SOC code 2421 or 3538, but I'm not sure about the min pay acceptable for these codes by UKBA? Also, where can I find the job descriptions about these codes?

Regards

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon May 06, 2013 9:04 pm

wpuk2013

ACCA -Tier2 - Min. pay & job descriptions

Post by wpuk2013 » Tue May 07, 2013 9:47 pm

Thanks Manci,

As per new SOC codes, min salary requirement for an accountant is £27.6k which I believe is quite low compare to the last guidelines!

Thanks

umernizam
Newly Registered

Re: In the same boat

Post by umernizam » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:57 am

AliZ wrote:Hi members,

I'm also in the similar situation, my current tier 2 visa will expire in Jul 13, I have completed my ACCA exams in 2011 but I'm not a member yet, my current salary is £22,000, also there is no change in my job description, I'm doing the same duties as I was doing before as Part qualified accountant.

So question is does this salary is appropriate when the time come for extension or its has to be £27,000 for Newly Fully Qualified, as I have mentioned above I'm not a member yet, therefore, I'm not fully qualified is that right guys? Big confusion.

Please help

Thank you

Hello Ali, I hope you are well.

did you manage to get your visa?

Actually I am exactly in the similar situation. I have recently become an ACCA affiliate and working in a fashion company. I have only got 1 year experience and clearly I am not qualified to become a member. Can I still apply for Tier 2 ? ( My salary is £20,500 and my job title is Junior Accountant)

I have no clue how this visa thing works, my employer has agreed to sponsor me but they don't have the lisence yet and they will apply for the lisence this month and my PSW visa expires in August this year, so I literally have 5 months to sort out my tier 2 visa.

Any suggestions/guidance/help would be highly appreciated.

Regards