ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian visa for child with British passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bantu
Newly Registered

Indian visa for child with British passport

Post by bantu » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:15 pm

Dear forum members,

I have got a 10 month old baby boy and we are planning to visit India soon. Me and my wife are indian citizens with indian passport and have "indefinite leave to remain" status in UK.

My baby boy was born in UK and is a Britsih citizen. He holds Britsh passport because of our "indefinite leave to remain" status. My queries are :

1. What category does his Indian visa application should be made? :- ? Tourist

2. I have lookad at the sample visa application form and it asks for Two reference : one in India and one in UK . Does he need that ? and if he needs it , can the grandparents in India be his indian referee ? and who can/should be his UK referee ?

Many thanks
Bantu

s_a_n

Post by s_a_n » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:21 pm

bantu, I think there is PIO option for the kid which is valid for 15 years..I think that can be changed to OCI once you become a citizen here.

Please search on this forum for PIO - you may get information