ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR approved - Sheffield - 05th April, 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

devendranadh.b

ILR approved - Sheffield - 05th April, 2013

Post by devendranadh.b » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:18 pm

Hello everyone,

ILR got approved for me and my wife (dependant) on 05th April, 2013 in Sheffield PEO. Below are the details

I am contracting through my own limited company. I am on Tier1 and my wife on Tier1 Dependant. My initial hsmp entry clearance is valid from 2nd May, 2008 but landed in UK on 19th July, 2008 (78 days late).

Booked an appointment at 9 Am. Reached PEO at 08:40. Airport style security check. Went to the reception and showed our appointment. Gave us a token no. Called our token number at around 09:15 and checked that we bought the correct application form and required documents. Asked to proceed for the payment. After payment is done she took our file and documents and allotted to a case worker. At around 10:15 they called us for biometrics. At around 11:35 caseworker called and said that my case is approved for ILR and we should receive the biometric cards in 7 to 10 working days. They gave a letter only in my name and my wife name does not exist in that letter.

Received both our cards on 09th April, 2013.

Documents Submitted along with both our passports

1) SET (O) form
2) 2 photos for me and 2 photos for my wife
3) Last 12 months payslips & Dividend vouchers
4) Accountant Letter
5) Last 12 months personnel bank statements
6) Last 3 months business bank accounts
7) Letter from client with whom I am contracting
8) Company letter of incorporation
9) Company VAT certificate
10) Last 12 months VAT paid receipts (paid quarterly)

11) Marriage Certificate
12) Last two years council tax notice in both our names
13) Last two years tenancy agreements in both our names
14) Last two years electricity bills in both our names
15) Letter from GP mentioning that we both are staying in the same address from last two years

Additional documents taken along with me but did not submit

1) Last 1 year company invoices
2) Last 4 years P60
3) corporation tax letter from HMRC
4) PAYE / NI payment receipts for last 1 year
5) water bills in both our names
6) masters degree certificate

Thanks everyone for all the help. Please let me know if you need any help, I am happy to answer.

Thanks
Dev

lxx

Post by lxx » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:30 am

Congratulations!

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: ILR approved - Sheffield - 05th April, 2013

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:03 pm

devendranadh.b wrote:Hello everyone,

ILR got approved for me and my wife (dependant) on 05th April, 2013 in Sheffield PEO. Below are the details

I am contracting through my own limited company. I am on Tier1 and my wife on Tier1 Dependant. My initial hsmp entry clearance is valid from 2nd May, 2008 but landed in UK on 19th July, 2008 (78 days late).

Booked an appointment at 9 Am. Reached PEO at 08:40. Airport style security check. Went to the reception and showed our appointment. Gave us a token no. Called our token number at around 09:15 and checked that we bought the correct application form and required documents. Asked to proceed for the payment. After payment is done she took our file and documents and allotted to a case worker. At around 10:15 they called us for biometrics. At around 11:35 caseworker called and said that my case is approved for ILR and we should receive the biometric cards in 7 to 10 working days. They gave a letter only in my name and my wife name does not exist in that letter.

Received both our cards on 09th April, 2013.

Documents Submitted along with both our passports

1) SET (O) form
2) 2 photos for me and 2 photos for my wife
3) Last 12 months payslips & Dividend vouchers
4) Accountant Letter
5) Last 12 months personnel bank statements
6) Last 3 months business bank accounts
7) Letter from client with whom I am contracting
8) Company letter of incorporation
9) Company VAT certificate
10) Last 12 months VAT paid receipts (paid quarterly)

11) Marriage Certificate
12) Last two years council tax notice in both our names
13) Last two years tenancy agreements in both our names
14) Last two years electricity bills in both our names
15) Letter from GP mentioning that we both are staying in the same address from last two years

Additional documents taken along with me but did not submit

1) Last 1 year company invoices
2) Last 4 years P60
3) corporation tax letter from HMRC
4) PAYE / NI payment receipts for last 1 year
5) water bills in both our names
6) masters degree certificate

Thanks everyone for all the help. Please let me know if you need any help, I am happy to answer.

Thanks
Dev
Congratulations. How far is the PEO from the station.How will you rate the PEO?
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

devendranadh.b

Post by devendranadh.b » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:52 am

Thank you Ixx and Kevin24

I travelled by car so not sure about the distance from station.
PEO is very good. They are very friendly and helpful.

Regards
Dev

nm
Member of Standing

Re: ILR approved - Sheffield - 05th April, 2013

Post by nm » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:56 pm

devendranadh.b wrote:Hello everyone,

Hi,

How you have calculated your 28days calculation ? Have you taken the stamping date or the day you landed here in UK ?

devendranadh.b

Post by devendranadh.b » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:31 pm

Hi nm,

Because I landed in UK on 19th July, 2008 which is 78 days from the date of entry clearance 02nd May, 2008 and falls below 90 days I can consider 28 days from date of entry clearance.

But suppose I entered UK on 1 Aug, 2008 then it would have crossed 90 days then I need to calculate 28 days from date of entry 1 Aug, 2008.

Hope you understood.

Regards
Dev

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:54 pm

Hi Dev, first of all many Congratulations.

I need help to understand your points 13 & 15 please.

13) Last two years tenancy agreements in both our names.

Mine is private landlord, will they accept tenancy agreement from private landlord which is on a plain black & white copy with all standard T&C mentioned or does tenancy agreement need to be on a specific type of document? We been to bank for opening bank a/c and were told they can only accept tenancy agreement from Estate Agency on their letterhead as proof of address

Can you please advise how can i get this letter and what shall i say to my GP in order to obtain the letter? Shall i say that i only need for the last two years?

Another question is, how many documents do we need in total for the purpose of cohabitatoin? In both cases where the names of both partners are on same documents i.e if they have joint bank account with both partners names mentioned on same bank statements and when both partners names are not jointly mentioned on a document.
My replies are just personel suggestions and not substitute of a professional advice

devendranadh.b

Post by devendranadh.b » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:15 pm

Hi Sahib,

How will you make the payment for rent. If you are making it through bank transfer or direct debit then I hope it should be fine if you provide the tenancy agreement on a plain black and white paper with your private landlord signature with his contact details. Hope Gurus can give correct advice on this.

If you and your wife are registered with same GP from last two years then you can ask them to provide a letter on their letter head with contact details. I paid some fees to get this letter. Below is the format

WhomSoEver it May Concern

Date:

To
The Officer
UKBA Home Office
Sheffield

Mr.X, Date of Birth and Mrs.Y, Date of Birth are registered with our GP from <date> and their addresses are as below.

<Your Addresses>

Regards

Timpu
Newly Registered

Post by Timpu » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:53 pm

HI Dev,

Congrats !
Many Thanks for the check list I had some questions :

a) DO we need to maintain balance for 3 months like we show for Tier -1?

b) What letter have you taken from the Client and why is it required ?

c) Do you have any format that you can share ? In my case I do not think I can get some letter from my client. If I do not get any letter, do you see this as a problem ?

Thanks
Vijay Kumar