ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How soon after ILR can I apply for British naturalisation?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rabbitshoe
Newly Registered

How soon after ILR can I apply for British naturalisation?

Post by rabbitshoe » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:29 pm

I've obtained my ILR stamp on the 3rd May 2012. Reading the UKBA website, it generally states to wait 1 year after ILR before applying for naturalisation. I would like to know if I can submit my application for naturalisation now i.e. on the 19th April 2013 itself or do I have to wait until after 3rd May 2013 to submit my application? I will be going abroad to work soon in early May, so waiting till May to submit my application would be a little troublesome for me, hence I thought if I could submit it earlier but I'm not sure if it will be accepted. Any advice is most appreciated.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:32 pm

You should wait unless you are the spouse or civil partner of a British citizen.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rabbitshoe
Newly Registered

Post by rabbitshoe » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:37 pm

Thanks vinny for the quick response. It's certainly very helpful to be just to have this double confirmation.