ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Rejected today

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sues1
Newly Registered

ILR Rejected today

Post by sues1 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:50 pm

Hi, I need advise as I am very worried after receiving a rejection letter together will all the documents I posted and my passport.

My residence permit visa expire tomorrow but I only received the rejection letter today. The rejection is because I used the old form to submit my application and so the payment was based on the old fee. They stamped 10th April on my application form.

I immediately rewrite the new form and managed to get to the Post Office before 6pm today. However, the earliest the new forms will reach is only on Friday 9 am, a day after my visa expire.

Will my application be rejected because of this?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:54 pm

The law says that for posted visa applications, the date of application is the date of posting. Accordingly it is clear that the application was made prior to the expiry of your current visa. Thus Section 3C will be in play, thus your current visa will be "treated as continuing" until they deal with the application.
John

sues1
Newly Registered

Post by sues1 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:06 pm

John wrote:The law says that for posted visa applications, the date of application is the date of posting. Accordingly it is clear that the application was made prior to the expiry of your current visa. Thus Section 3C will be in play, thus your current visa will be "treated as continuing" until they deal with the application.
Thank you very much for your reply on this. I feel so much better now.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:22 pm

Make sure that the application is valid, unlike the last time.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:36 pm

Do not worry you would be fine, the same thing happened twice with couple of people i known and they both were successful. So relax .

sues1
Newly Registered

Post by sues1 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:22 am

Thank you. I will be nervous until I get an approval I guess.

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:37 am

Does it reset the 5 year clock when an ILR application is rejected after expiry of existing leave as Tier-1? What can be done to prevent this situation?