ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Undercover

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thatsok
Newly Registered

Immigration Undercover

Post by thatsok » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:28 pm

Hey there,

I suggest you to watch “Immigration Undercover” if you have not already done so. It shows clearly what crazy things are going on inside UKBA.

Thanks.

Here is the link: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/disp ... od#3508771

yankeebrit

Post by yankeebrit » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:30 pm

I watched this program last night. It's absolutely shocking!

I was most concerned about the fact that minimum wage temps off the street appear to be making decisions on family visa applications...Surely that cannot be?

Highly_Skilled

Post by Highly_Skilled » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:37 pm

yankeebrit wrote:I watched this program last night. It's absolutely shocking!

I was most concerned about the fact that minimum wage temps off the street appear to be making decisions on family visa applications...Surely that cannot be?
No, this is not the case. The programme was misleading and it is the temps that were sifting the applications into date order and inputting onto system. Applications were being separated into complex / straight forward applications in preparation for caseworkers.