ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependant to Tier 2 general

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sunshine667
Newly Registered

Tier 2 dependant to Tier 2 general

Post by Sunshine667 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:54 am

hey,

I am on Tier 2 general and my wife Tier 2 Dependant. I left my job ( 60 days left to leave the country) as my wife landed a job who are ready to sponsor her but she doesn't have 900 + 600 pounds in her UK account.

So my question:

I talked to the banks and even if i made my account joint now, they wont provide statements showing her name for the last 3 months. Can i show my statements to prove we have the money as she is my wife ?

If not can she show her indian accounts to show the money ? Does ukba object that ?

Could you pls give me my options as she has to get tier 2 general so we can stay back !!

Thanks in advance

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:35 pm

hi..
Its little bit confusion in ur case...
According to tier2.guidance in the switching section it is clearly maintion that u can switch to tier 2 form tier 2(general) and depandant of tier 4.
This means ur wife cant switch from tier 2 depandant to tier 2 general.
For me its best way for u to go for tier2 visa in 60 days and then change ur wife status to tier 4 depandant.
Or u can find new sponsor for u.
This is my opinion..
Work out little more and u will find the way...

Sunshine667
Newly Registered

Post by Sunshine667 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:01 pm

Ty for your time Nisar.

As i understand :

Since she is on tier 2 Dependent she CANT change to Tier 2 General and there are no categories she can switch to that will help us to stay back ?

Is the ONLY possibility me finding a new job and the company sponsoring me Tier 2 General within 60 days from now ? Is that the only visa a new company can get you ? guess i can apply to UKBA even on the 60th day if i manage to get COS ?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 dependant to Tier 2 general

Post by manci » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:36 pm

Sunshine667 wrote:hey,

I am on Tier 2 general and my wife Tier 2 Dependant. I left my job ( 60 days left to leave the country) as my wife landed a job who are ready to sponsor her but she doesn't have 900 + 600 pounds in her UK account.

So my question:

I talked to the banks and even if i made my account joint now, they wont provide statements showing her name for the last 3 months. Can i show my statements to prove we have the money as she is my wife ?

If not can she show her indian accounts to show the money ? Does ukba object that ?

Could you pls give me my options as she has to get tier 2 general so we can stay back
It seems that both you and your wife are present in the UK, you as a T2G migrant and your wife as your dependant. Both your leaves have been curtailed to 60 days because you lost your job.

Your wife has a job offer from a potential sponsor. However, she cannot switch in country from PBS dependant status to T2G and would have to leave the UK and apply from her home country after having been assigned a restricted CoS. If her A-rated sponsor is prepared to certify maintenance she would not need to show £900 held for 90 days.

Equally, you would not be able to switch from T2G to PBS dependant in-country and would also have to apply for a PBS dependant visa from your home country.

Alternatively, if you manage to find a new job and the new sponsor assigns an unrestricted CoS to you, you can make an in-country change of employment application before your leave expires (or max. 28 days after). If your application is successful your wife can continue to stay with you in the UK if she is happy to carry on as your dependant, but if she wishes to take up her job offer she would have to apply for T2G entry clearance from her home country (see above).

Sunshine667
Newly Registered

Post by Sunshine667 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:14 pm

Thanks for the detailed info Manci

Some quick clarifications:

As i understand, unless i get a new job offer with unrestricted CoS and apply atleast on the 60th day, i have no choice but leave the country ?

Is 28 days counted after curtailed 60 days when am back in my home country ?

Can my wife leave the country now and get T2G within this 2 months, showing her Indian account if the sponsor doesn't certify maintenance ? Is the process quick enough for her to leave,apply and come back with T2G before my 60 days expire ?

Can i fall back to a student visa ? if so can she continue as my dependent without leaving the country ?

I am just trying to see my options...

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:13 pm

Hi i posted this before

(Its little bit confusion in ur case...
According to tier2.guidance in the switching section it is clearly maintion that u can switch to tier 2 form tier 2(general) and depandant of tier 4.
This means ur wife cant switch from tier 2 depandant to tier 2 general.
For me its best way for u to go for tier2 visa in 60 days and then change ur wife status to tier 4 depandant.
Or u can find new sponsor for u.
This is my opinion..
Work out little more and u will find the way...)

But i made typing mistake in 1 sentence it should be
For me its best way for u to go for tier 4 visa in 60 days and then change ur wife status to tier 4 depandant.
And then ur wife can apply for tier 2 form uk.
For appling form ur country u need restricted cos.

Sunshine667
Newly Registered

Post by Sunshine667 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:16 pm

thanks for the info Nisar..much appreciated

Sunshine667
Newly Registered

Post by Sunshine667 » Thu May 02, 2013 8:21 am

going to tier 4 means another university course right ?

If the new company is happy to sponsor my wife who is my dependent now, what documents should we get from them before we leave the country, Restricted COS ?
can she apply her Tier 2 with me being dependent showing Indian bank account ? is it again (900+600) GBP in INR ?
Also if the money is available in her UK account can she show it ?

If we are granted visa and me being her dependent can i do contract jobs ? i mean any restriciton on tier 2 dependent forming limited company etc ?