ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

moving from psw to tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

godistrue

moving from psw to tier 2

Post by godistrue » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:07 am

hi all,

i am on PSW visa and want to move to tier 2. Certificate of sponshorship is also ready and my company need to fill it and assign to me. Can I move now to tier 2 as there is still lot of time left for my visa. I want to apply for visa in the next 2 weeks or I need to wait till before my visa going to expire. My visa is going to expire in October.

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:37 am

You should apply as soon as possible, and before your current permission to stay expires.
Make sure for ur code of practice and salary beforer cos assign . check the new soc 2010 for proper code and salary.
All the best

godistrue

Post by godistrue » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:21 pm

nisarmalik wrote:You should apply as soon as possible, and before your current permission to stay expires.
Make sure for ur code of practice and salary beforer cos assign . check the new soc 2010 for proper code and salary.
All the best
thanks for your reply.

salary and soc code are fine. in the COS its asking about start date, usually the start date will be the end day of our visa which mine is in october. Then how can i apply in next 2 weeks. Pls clarify this.

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi
Dont forget ur are switching from PSW to Tier 2 General.
The start day as the day after the last day of visa expiered is for the person who is already having tier 2 visa for same company and appling for extend to leave on tier 2.

godistrue

Post by godistrue » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:05 pm

nisarmalik wrote:Hi
Dont forget ur are switching from PSW to Tier 2 General.
The start day as the day after the last day of visa expiered is for the person who is already having tier 2 visa for same company and appling for extend to leave on tier 2.
Many thanks.
Just a last question. So the Start Date can be any date. Example like June 2013. And then I can apply at the end of this month. Is it OK.. pls confirm,, so that I will be preparing

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:13 pm

ya it will be fine...
All the best...

godistrue

Post by godistrue » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:18 pm

nisarmalik wrote:ya it will be fine...
All the best...
Many Thanks for your help.

Also I am going with SOC code 2137. Junior Web Designer. Salary 21000.

is it ok ?

I am aged 27 years. Still I feel i come under new entrant and I am going with that salary. I feel for PSW candidates there is no age restriction.

Can you also pls confirm it.

nisarmalik

Post by nisarmalik » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:22 pm

Just make sure about hours it should be 39 hr and make job tille as Web designer.
And it will be fine