ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT PLS - Application returned due to not Paying new Fee

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kyborg99

URGENT PLS - Application returned due to not Paying new Fee

Post by kyborg99 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:04 pm

I posted my application 5th April - UKBA received on 8th April.

I just got all passports and documents stating that since you did not fill in the new forms and did not pay the new increased fee valid from 6th April, we are invalidating your application and returning your documents to you.

WT% - I thought the fee was applicable as per date of posting - I still have the Royal Mail special delivery receipts with me.

Please Assist.

snowball001
Newly Registered

Post by snowball001 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:22 pm

UKBA is greedy. You are entitled to old fee and sending your application back is a mistake which UKBA intentionally made, leaving you to re-apply with the new fee. Even if you succeed in arguing with UKBA that old fee is applicable to your previous application, you still need to pay the new fee as your previous application does not exist...

kyborg99

Post by kyborg99 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:36 pm

but why me ? I see others on the forum where application received 8th were processed.

I remember seeing a link where it says postal date fee is application - can u point me to hat link please?

can I not appeal?

poojabhatt
United Kingdom

Post by poojabhatt » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:48 pm

Hi,

Sorry to hear that your documents were returned. You are not at fault.Please check the following:

Tier 1 General-Guidance Notes:

“Date of application

42. The date of application will be taken to be the following:

• Where the application form is sent by post, the date of posting; or
• Where the application form is sent by courier, the date on which it is delivered to the UK Border Agency of the Home Office; or
• Where the application form is submitted in person at a Public Enquiry Office, the date on Which the application and associated payment is accepted.”

Also please check

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2007 ... on/17/made

Good luck

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:37 pm

If you posted (34G) the application prior to 6 April 2013, then it should have been considered under the old rules and fees.
Last edited by vinny on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kyborg99

Post by kyborg99 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:42 pm

thanks vinny, all
how do I appeal and argue my case now please?

btw - only reason I applied on 5th was to save money as my visa expires in April 2014 - but since I only need a visa till Sep 2014 to become eligible for ILR, I applied 1 yr earlier to save money - but this shouldn't matter right?

deepktm
Newly Registered

Post by deepktm » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi kyborg99,

Is it possible that they invalidated your application, not because of new increased fee, but because you applied for extension too early?
Normally, UKBA recommends applying not earlier than 3 months of visa expiry.
They might be wanting you to pay new fee because you are extending for 2014?
I am not too sure so other members may comment on it.

I have also applied on 5th April, and they received on 8th, but my expiry is in 21st April 2013. I am waiting for the payment to be deducted, and I have chosen the old fee, like you have done.

kyborg99

Post by kyborg99 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:57 pm

I understand - I am sure the payment will go through for you as your visa expires in the near future.

For me - It would have been helpful if they rejected my visa for Time issue rather than Fees - why cant they be direct about it.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:55 pm

deepktm wrote:Hi kyborg99,

Is it possible that they invalidated your application, not because of new increased fee, but because you applied for extension too early?
This is not possible. You can apply at any time you want

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:45 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.