ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shineangel

Post by shineangel » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:16 pm

Dcruz!!! Congratulations I'm positive your rc is approved. No need to cross fingers lol.

shineangel

Post by shineangel » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:20 pm

Call this number to speak with Rob secretary. Please be polite when talking to her she's helpful, tell her you have sent emails and no reply yet. 02070350781

MissIshMish

Post by MissIshMish » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:30 am

Thanks shineangel for the number. Is it the one that comes in the automated response? Good heads up to know that his secretary is helpful. Will give a call to her tomorrow.

Btkakism, no need to call UK Solvit as your partner's country's Solvit have to get in touch with you first. My husband is Lithuanian and two days later the Lithuania Solvit office got in touch with him and asked for copies of our marriage certificate and passports. Then after the weekend they updated us yesterday as they had to chat with UK Solvit. UK Solvit is essentially the middle man between the UKBA and your partner's country's Solvit office. Just be sure to reiterate your June wedding. Lucky your MP got in touch mine just said to call back again end of April as UKBA is allotted a month to respond because of the backlogs.

shineangel

Post by shineangel » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:52 am

I got the number from her email to my query and I spoke with her once. It depends on what you ask from her.good luck

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:49 am

Kixmug wrote:Guys. I think they just trying to Shut us up:(:(:(! I received an email on the 2/04/2013 from UKBA saying :-

Hello,

Your email has been passed to me to respond as the lead for European Casework. I am sorry that the application has not been dealt with as speedily as it should have been but I can confirm that it is now with a caseworker to make a decision by the end of the week.

We strive to provide a first class service and it is a matter of regret when we fall short of the highest standards, please accept my apologies.

Thanks,

Margie Clarke
European Casework Lead
Nationality Group

Home Office
Blue Zone, 5th Floor, Capital Building, Liverpool L3 9PP

And its now 16/04/2013 i have received nothing.
I don't think they are sending emails to 'shut you up' - I think they are trying to apologise for the lack of service so far, and to tell you that they are trying to improve! I dealt with Margie Clark and Laura Avery after I complained, both of who were very very polite, and seemed more than competent in their jobs. I personally think that as the UKBA, they were held back in what they could do, and were possibly limited by upper management. I think with the UKBA itself being 'shut down' (reverting to 'The Home Office') there's been quite a shake up, and things are being dealt with.

It seems to me that some people will complain regardless of what happens, complain when there's no response, and complain when there is!

Kixmug - have you read about other cases were although decisions have been made, the RC isn't dispatched immediately - perhaps this has happened? Did you include a return Special Delivery envelope with your application? Have you written to Margie again to find out why you've received nothing?
EEA2 Application sent: 09/10/2012
Received by UKBA: 10/10/2012
COA received: 19/10/2012 (dated 17/10/2012)
Passports requested: 14/11/12, 28/11/12 & 12/12/12 (email) and 11/12/12 (mail)
Passports received: 17/12/2012
RC received: 14/02/2013

Charlie77

Post by Charlie77 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:38 am

Guess what guys!!!!! wait is finally over got my
RC a few minutes ago!!!

App sent 17/10/12
Received 18/10/12
COA 23/10/12 (with no work)
Passport request 04/04/13
RC 17/04/13

Good luck guys!!

EEA2APPLICANT

Post by EEA2APPLICANT » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:47 am

Charlie77 wrote:Guess what guys!!!!! wait is finally over got my
RC a few minutes ago!!!

App sent 17/10/12
Received 18/10/12
COA 23/10/12 (with no work)
Passport request 04/04/13
RC 17/04/13

Good luck guys!!
contratz..... mate
“There is a light at the end of every tunnel. Some tunnels just happen to be longer than others.”

mian

rc

Post by mian » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:44 pm

congratulation ! after long wait....

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:58 pm

For those very familiar with my case,which ground(s) of appeal do you feel is most appropriate?PLEASE GIVE YOUR REASONS

1, that the decision is not in accordance with immigration rules
2,that the decision is unlawful because it racially discriminates against you
3, that the decision breaches rights which you have as a member of an EEA National's family under Community Treaties relating to entry to or residence in the UK
4, that a discretion under the immigration rules should have been exercised differently
5,that the decision is otherwise not in accordance with the law.

I plead everyone to contribute. Every suggestion is valuable.

Thanks y'all

shineangel

Post by shineangel » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:58 pm

@ babz I don't remember the ground on which your application was refused. Are you the one refused on documentation as self employed?

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:17 pm

shineangel wrote:@ babz I don't remember the ground on which your application was refused. Are you the one refused on documentation as self employed?
yes...

shineangel

Post by shineangel » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:26 pm

@ Babz do u have to use any of those point when making appeal? If yes please brief me about those reasons for refusal so I can advise .

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:47 pm

Babz wrote:For those very familiar with my case,which ground(s) of appeal do you feel is most appropriate?PLEASE GIVE YOUR REASONS

3, that the decision breaches rights which you have as a member of an EEA National's family under Community Treaties relating to entry to or residence in the UK
4, that a discretion under the immigration rules should have been exercised differently

Thanks y'all
Babz, why don't you simply reapply providing adequate evidence to address the UKBA's reasons for refusal?

shineangel

Post by shineangel » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:56 pm

@ Babz do u have to use any of those point when making appeal? If yes please brief me about those reasons for refusal so I can advise .

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:00 pm

Plum70 wrote:
Babz wrote:For those very familiar with my case,which ground(s) of appeal do you feel is most appropriate?PLEASE GIVE YOUR REASONS

Thanks y'all
Babz, why don't you simply reapply providing adequate evidence to address the UKBA's reasons for refusal?
Will reapply if I loose my appeal. You are allowed to provided adequate documents while appealing. I guess most people don't know this because they normally go through solicitors...

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:02 pm

shineangel wrote:@ Babz do u have to use any of those point when making appeal? If yes please brief me about those reasons for refusal so I can advise .
1.I need to submit an INDEPENDENTLY AUDITED BUSINESS BANK ACCOUNT detailing the trading activity of the company.
2.Evidence of NI 2 contribution not sent even though HMRC documentation was provided.
3.Invoices are not printed out on professional documentation and cannot be verified by any bank account statements.

josh06
Newly Registered

OMG

Post by josh06 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:37 pm

Omg, just recieved a phoned call from UKBA.

I've been told that in 10 working days They can make the result of application and send it to me asap.

shineangel

Post by shineangel » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:57 pm

@Babz can you prove you submitted all documents mentioned in the refusal letter? if you are planning to get them as second thoughts I'm afraid chance of getting appeal allowed is very slim. You can only get this appeal allowed by immigration judge if you can prove that decision was taken in isolation of your supporting documents. My honest opinion is get all necessary documents ready, audited business account, , call hmrc for your ni2 contribution bills and make the payment do proper invoices if you agree with error in previous u submitted. You will get RC easily if you can do necessary correction. Good luck Babz

shineangel

Post by shineangel » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:02 pm

Babz I mean you should reapply after necessary corrections. If only you didn't submitted those documents when you applied for RC. Circumstances at the time of applications is what the judge will look into before reaching decision.

sharingbuzz

Re: OMG

Post by sharingbuzz » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:54 pm

josh06 wrote:Omg, just recieved a phoned call from UKBA.

I've been told that in 10 working days They can make the result of application and send it to me asap.
Hi
Whats ur timeline?
And did u inquire about your case or they just call u randomly.?

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:10 pm

shineangel wrote:Babz I mean you should reapply after necessary corrections. If only you didn't submitted those documents when you applied for RC. Circumstances at the time of applications is what the judge will look into before reaching decision.
Judges(in some cases) also look at circumstances after reaching decision. I know so. I had a far more difficult appeal before.I represented myself and I won.
Moreover,i'd sent some documents to the UKBA a month before the decision was made.This wasn't considered and the documents were not listed among the ones considered whilst making a decision. The UKBA is still in possession of this documents. I have proof of delivery. So,I'm appealing. Reapplying is plan B.
Last edited by Babz on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RC....
Newly Registered

To Babz

Post by RC.... » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:15 pm

I think number 4 because I think they "could have made a mistake" as they did not consider all prooves you sent to show excersicising treaty rights. So if one thing looked suspicious to them, specially something you cannot change, they could have consider the rest of documents.

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: To Babz

Post by Babz » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:20 pm

RC.... wrote:I think number 4 because I think they "could have made a mistake" as they did not consider all prooves you sent to show excersicising treaty rights. So if one thing looked suspicious to them, specially something you cannot change, they could have consider the rest of documents.
Thanks a bunch..much appreciated

johnkumar
Newly Registered

interview

Post by johnkumar » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:50 pm

hello guys

I m so happy today as i just received interview letter from home office(progress)...but scare as well what will they ask me ...please help me if someone got experience of that..

my time scale is
application date 28/11/2012
application recieved 29/11/2012
COA 13/01/2013
change of address 15/03/2013
passport back request 20/03/2013
request of my partner's passport 01/04/2013
passport back 10/04/2013
and to day i got interview letter.. for 20may2013

what should i prepared for.. please let me know...

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: interview

Post by Babz » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:36 pm

johnkumar wrote:hello guys

I m so happy today as i just received interview letter from home office(progress)...but scare as well what will they ask me ...please help me if someone got experience of that..

my time scale is
application date 28/11/2012
application recieved 29/11/2012
COA 13/01/2013
change of address 15/03/2013
passport back request 20/03/2013
request of my partner's passport 01/04/2013
passport back 10/04/2013
and to day i got interview letter.. for 20may2013

what should i prepared for.. please let me know...
Usual questions...
where/how did you meet your wife?
who propose to who? how?.....and so on..

Be sure you and your spouse will be interviewed separately.
Some members have had UKBA interviews on this forum and have listed some of the questions they were asked. So search the forum for ideas. good luck