ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

milka
Newly Registered

Re: interview

Post by milka » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:49 pm

johnkumar wrote:hello guys

I m so happy today as i just received interview letter from home office(progress)...but scare as well what will they ask me ...please help me if someone got experience of that..

my time scale is
application date 28/11/2012
application recieved 29/11/2012
COA 13/01/2013
change of address 15/03/2013
passport back request 20/03/2013
request of my partner's passport 01/04/2013
passport back 10/04/2013
and to day i got interview letter.. for 20may2013

what should i prepared for.. please let me know...
Check this out
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

riad2525
Newly Registered

Post by riad2525 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:09 pm

March applicant

hi I want to update my time line

Application sent : 15/03/13
received : 16/03/13
COA received : 8/04/2013 dated 4/04/2013 with right of work
RC:........??????????????????

bluebay
Newly Registered

Post by bluebay » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:39 pm

Hello guys

I've applied for retaining rights of residence through my layer using EEA2.
Application posted on 15th March
UKBA acknowledged on 28 March

I hope for swift delicion which highly unlikely

MissIshMish

Post by MissIshMish » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:52 pm

I, a September applicant, received my documents back today. I have been DENIED because my EEA husband is UNQUALIFIED as he was refused a Registration Certificate as he "failed to provide sufficient evidence that" he is exercising his Treaty rights. Futhermore, I have been asked to make arrangements to leave the UK voluntarily or my departure will be enforced. In the actual words, "if you fail to make a voluntary departure a separate decision will be made to enforce your removal from the UK."

My husband is allowed to appeal and is told he has no requirement to leave the UK. My letter states that I have "no further basis of stay in the UK." I am absolutely upset and in shock. Countless hours spent with UKBA, the MP, our embassies, and Solvit came to our aid. As promised they got us an answer in under two weeks. Now because the UKBA went beyond their time limit (in which my Tier 1 Post Study Visa expired), I have to leave and I am told I can re-apply outside the UK for my Residence Card.

This is beyond mad as I have been living in the UK since 2006. I graduated from university here, got a job, paid taxes, held a Post-Study visa, got married to an EEA national, and am now refused a Residence Card because of my partner's Registration Certificate refusal. Not only that, we re-submitted our applications in September because the UKBA requested additional evidence (Marketing proof of my husband's photography business, client testimonials, official invoices and letter from accountant). Now they said the reason they refused him is because they now say they require an OFFICIAL BUSINESS BANK ACCOUNT and decided that the amount of income he made was not sufficient to support the both of us. What is even the sufficient amount of income when he brings in a great amount every month?

Furthermore, they had his bank statements and made no qualms about it when it wasn't an official business bank account. They could have asked and made this request before my visa expired. Our friend, a solicitor, reviewed the reasons for refusal and said it is ridiculous because the UKBA has no specific guideline as to how much of a monthly income an EEA National should make to exercise their Treaty rights.

He advised that I carry our marriage certificate, all papers from our applications, whenever I travel because I have my wedding celebrations in August. He said applying for an appeal now will take ages and that we can go along with the appeal that the decision was not made in accordance with the law. In all honesty, we will not even bother to do so as now we are planning to move back to the USA or elsewhere.

Will keep you all updated as now Lithuania Solvit is helping us to find an alternative solution rather than making an appeal. Our caseworker is a blessing as he has been e-mailing back and forth for scans of our papers and contacted UK Solvit. The fact that the UKBA is asking me to leave is a violation of human rights as they are separating my family.

EEA2APPLICANT

Post by EEA2APPLICANT » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:15 pm

MissIshMish wrote:I, a September applicant, received my documents back today. I have been DENIED because my EEA husband is UNQUALIFIED as he was refused a Registration Certificate as he "failed to provide sufficient evidence that" he is exercising his Treaty rights. Futhermore, I have been asked to make arrangements to leave the UK voluntarily or my departure will be enforced. In the actual words, "if you fail to make a voluntary departure a separate decision will be made to enforce your removal from the UK."

My husband is allowed to appeal and is told he has no requirement to leave the UK. My letter states that I have "no further basis of stay in the UK." I am absolutely upset and in shock. Countless hours spent with UKBA, the MP, our embassies, and Solvit came to our aid. As promised they got us an answer in under two weeks. Now because the UKBA went beyond their time limit (in which my Tier 1 Post Study Visa expired), I have to leave and I am told I can re-apply outside the UK for my Residence Card.

This is beyond mad as I have been living in the UK since 2006. I graduated from university here, got a job, paid taxes, held a Post-Study visa, got married to an EEA national, and am now refused a Residence Card because of my partner's Registration Certificate refusal. Not only that, we re-submitted our applications in September because the UKBA requested additional evidence (Marketing proof of my husband's photography business, client testimonials, official invoices and letter from accountant). Now they said the reason they refused him is because they now say they require an OFFICIAL BUSINESS BANK ACCOUNT and decided that the amount of income he made was not sufficient to support the both of us. What is even the sufficient amount of income when he brings in a great amount every month?

Furthermore, they had his bank statements and made no qualms about it when it wasn't an official business bank account. They could have asked and made this request before my visa expired. Our friend, a solicitor, reviewed the reasons for refusal and said it is ridiculous because the UKBA has no specific guideline as to how much of a monthly income an EEA National should make to exercise their Treaty rights.

He advised that I carry our marriage certificate, all papers from our applications, whenever I travel because I have my wedding celebrations in August. He said applying for an appeal now will take ages and that we can go along with the appeal that the decision was not made in accordance with the law. In all honesty, we will not even bother to do so as now we are planning to move back to the USA or elsewhere.

Will keep you all updated as now Lithuania Solvit is helping us to find an alternative solution rather than making an appeal. Our caseworker is a blessing as he has been e-mailing back and forth for scans of our papers and contacted UK Solvit. The fact that the UKBA is asking me to leave is a violation of human rights as they are separating my family.
So sorry to hear that.within how many days you have to appeal?
“There is a light at the end of every tunnel. Some tunnels just happen to be longer than others.”

MissIshMish

Post by MissIshMish » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:24 pm

No date is given as to when my husband and I have to appeal.

milka
Newly Registered

Post by milka » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:13 pm

MissIshMish so sorry to hear that. I have read your post two times and still I don`t believe in that. I just don`t understand how they can tell you to leave Uk if your husband is here. But I believe that you will find any another solution. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and your husband.

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:34 pm

MissIshMish wrote:I, a September applicant, received my documents back today. I have been DENIED because my EEA husband is UNQUALIFIED as he was refused a Registration Certificate as he "failed to provide sufficient evidence that" he is exercising his Treaty rights. Futhermore, I have been asked to make arrangements to leave the UK voluntarily or my departure will be enforced. In the actual words, "if you fail to make a voluntary departure a separate decision will be made to enforce your removal from the UK."

Why not re-apply?

MissIshMish

Post by MissIshMish » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:39 pm

Thank you, Milka. I hope a better outcome for you all in this forum. The UK has disappointed not only me, but my husband within the past year. We have had such terrible experiences with the Met Police, UKBA, Employment Tribunals, Sherforce (one of the high court enforcement companies), and now are faced with the request for me to leave voluntarily as soon as possible. If anything, I have been wanting to re-locate but remained here after I met my husband. He is now in such shock and sadness that he wants us to re-locate as soon as our wedding celebrations in August finish.

Solicitors have stated that I have a right to remain here as my husband is my family member and we have proper documentation to prove our marriage. For goodness sake, we've been married almost a year. It'll just be a constant battle at UK Border to get back in each time to the UK. Furthermore, now the UKBA is even taking away my right to employment as I have to close my self-employed company. Hard earned money paying UK taxes for the past few years, and this is what I get.

Praying for the best for you all. No appeal or re-application will be made. We are waiting news from Lithuania Solvit, but even if not good, I at least can remain here as a family member/tourist until we are all packed up and ready to move. I've plead with UKBA and told them that I have nowhere to go as my husband is the only family I have. What was their reaction? Not our concern so please make your arrangements to leave before further consquences are brought upon yourself.

MissIshMish

Post by MissIshMish » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:42 pm

Babz, this is the second time we've re-applied as they automatically withdrew our application for no reason back in August 2012. In all honesty, I don't even want to bother living in a country where they treat someone who has legally held visas, paid taxes, and attended university here rather than the USA, like this and daring to separate family. Furthermore, we pre-paid for big wedding celebrations this coming August last year and re-applying means how much longer? I may re-apply come October when I am back in the USA for a month as the UK Embassy there processes papers in record times. The longest I ever had to wait from day I posted to day I received my visa was 10 days.

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:05 pm

MissIshMish wrote:Babz, this is the second time we've re-applied as they automatically withdrew our application for no reason back in August 2012. In all honesty, I don't even want to bother living in a country where they treat someone who has legally held visas, paid taxes, and attended university here rather than the USA, like this and daring to separate family. Furthermore, we pre-paid for big wedding celebrations this coming August last year and re-applying means how much longer? I may re-apply come October when I am back in the USA for a month as the UK Embassy there processes papers in record times. The longest I ever had to wait from day I posted to day I received my visa was 10 days.
Considering seeking a solicitor's advice?

MissIshMish

Post by MissIshMish » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:16 pm

Already did so. He said that it is a human rights violation for UK Border not to let me in when I am traveling with my husband. He suggested we just keep our papers with us and after the wedding we can appeal as there is no timeline listed on it. Lithuania Solvit is trying to find out more with UK Solvit and at same time trying to see if I can just get an EU citizenship or residence card instead.

MissIshMish

Post by MissIshMish » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:24 pm

My husband wants to go ahead and at least get a Registration Certificate so in the future I can re-apply for EEA2 anytime as with his Registration Certificate I won't have to send all supporting documents that demonstrate him exercising his treaty rights as an EEA1 approval does that.

Those of have gotten their RC or their EEA partners have been approved as exercising their Treaty rights as self-employed, what documents did you provide? The main issue UKBA had was that my husband, who now has a business bank account, didn't have a proper business bank account the time we submitted and in addition that there was not enough evidence of revenue coming in. From what I gather, they prefer that invoices correlated with the bank statements provided to show the activity in the bank statements.

Thank you in advance if anyone could share what their EEA partner had to provide to be approved as self-employed.

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:37 pm

MissIshMish wrote:My husband wants to go ahead and at least get a Registration Certificate so in the future I can re-apply for EEA2 anytime as with his Registration Certificate I won't have to send all supporting documents that demonstrate him exercising his treaty rights as an EEA1 approval does that.

Those of have gotten their RC or their EEA partners have been approved as exercising their Treaty rights as self-employed, what documents did you provide? The main issue UKBA had was that my husband, who now has a business bank account, didn't have a proper business bank account the time we submitted and in addition that there was not enough evidence of revenue coming in. From what I gather, they prefer that invoices correlated with the bank statements provided to show the activity in the bank statements.

Thank you in advance if anyone could share what their EEA partner had to provide to be approved as self-employed.
I guess they don't want self-employed persons accepting cash payments for services....So stupid of them.

MissIshMish

Post by MissIshMish » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:49 pm

Indeed Babz. My husband as a photographer gets paid in cash most of the times apart from the deposits clients make. They all prefer cash rather than BACS. It's difficult to match up all invoices with bank statements as not all invoices are paid on time as well as some clients ask for installment plans.

At least we'll try again for his EEA1 application to be approved. That's better than having to part with my passport again for so long.

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:41 am

Babz wrote:
shineangel wrote:Babz I mean you should reapply after necessary corrections. If only you didn't submitted those documents when you applied for RC. Circumstances at the time of applications is what the judge will look into before reaching decision.
Judges(in some cases) also look at circumstances after reaching decision. I know so. I had a far more difficult appeal before.I represented myself and I won.
Moreover,i'd sent some documents to the UKBA a month before the decision was made.This wasn't considered and the documents were not listed among the ones considered whilst making a decision. The UKBA is still in possession of this documents. I have proof of delivery. So,I'm appealing. Reapplying is plan B.
"An ECM or Immigration Judge is entitled to look at circumstances / evidence after the date of decision only if they relate to circumstances before or at the time of decision."

Read for more info:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... /apl/apl7/

Erik84

Post by Erik84 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:23 am

My wife finally got her RC two days ago:

Passports requested: 4/12/12
Passports received: 14/12/12
NI number and payslips sent: 1/03/2013 (didnt have those back in nov 2012)
RC received: 17/04/2013

shineangel

Post by shineangel » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:15 pm

@ babz according to the information on the link you asked me to checked, your proof must not be post dated it must be dated within the periods prior to decision any evidence submitted which carries date after decision letter wi be irrelevant. For instance Ni2 contribution was among reasons for refusal if you now contacted hmrc for payment of ni2, such evidence will be irrelevant for an appeal. Every documents for an appeal must be dated prior to date of rsfusal letter. Good luck

hari.s
United Kingdom

Post by hari.s » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:32 pm

I had requested my EEA national spouse's passport back on April 13 for business travel reasons, and we received a package today with all the documents plus both our passports in it.

Both her RC and mine have been issued and are dated April 15. So, basically, a total wait of 2 months and a week. Refer to the proper timeline of the application process in my signature for clarity's sake.

So glad this ordeal is finally over.

P.S. Thank you all for your support and, to those of you still waiting or applying now, good luck!
EEA FP: 07/09/2012
UK entry: 23/09/2012
EEA1+EEA2: 19/04/2013
Non-EEA PR+EEA DCPR: 11/12/2017+16/12/2017
British citizenship: 06/12/2018

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:50 pm

shineangel wrote:@ babz according to the information on the link you asked me to checked, your proof must not be post dated it must be dated within the periods prior to decision any evidence submitted which carries date after decision letter wi be irrelevant. For instance Ni2 contribution was among reasons for refusal if you now contacted hmrc for payment of ni2, such evidence will be irrelevant for an appeal. Every documents for an appeal must be dated prior to date of rsfusal letter. Good luck
Yes,period before decision, which also includes period after application.
well,I sent them an HMRC letter dated 14/02/13 on 4/3/13,a month before decision was made.It stated my spouse had registered with them as self-employed and will receive bills every 6 months.She became self-employed in January 2013, so her first bill is in July 2013. I have proof of postage of the document and it wasn't among those listed as being considered while making the decision. Infact,the original document is still with them.How could they pretend they didn't see it?The caseworker is just the wicked type.

EEA2APPLICANT

Post by EEA2APPLICANT » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:59 pm

Any news EEA2 applicants???
“There is a light at the end of every tunnel. Some tunnels just happen to be longer than others.”

culka11
Newly Registered

Post by culka11 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:04 pm

Got my documents today, with the RC on the last page of my passport, timeline bellow.

Big thank you to everyone on the forum - at one point just before we applied, I was seriously addicted to each and every post.

EEA1/EEA2 (unmarried partner)

EEA1+EEA2 sent: 20/12/2012
Received by UKBA: 21/12/2012
CoA: 08/02/2013 (dated 01/02/2013)

Although we originally applied as unmarried partners, we actually got married in January 2013, so decided to send the marriage certificate: 04/03/2013

EEA Passport requested back: 11/04/2013
Passports with EEA1 + EEA2 received: 19/04/2013 (RCs dated 15/04/2013)

In the meantime we moved, but even my prepaid envelope didn't go to waste, they just slapped the new address on top:)

EEA2APPLICANT

Post by EEA2APPLICANT » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:09 pm

culka11 wrote:Got my documents today, with the RC on the last page of my passport, timeline bellow.

Big thank you to everyone on the forum - at one point just before we applied, I was seriously addicted to each and every post.

EEA1/EEA2 (unmarried partner)

EEA1+EEA2 sent: 20/12/2012
Received by UKBA: 21/12/2012
CoA: 08/02/2013 (dated 01/02/2013)

Although we originally applied as unmarried partners, we actually got married in January 2013, so decided to send the marriage certificate: 04/03/2013

EEA Passport requested back: 11/04/2013
Passports with EEA1 + EEA2 received: 19/04/2013 (RCs dated 15/04/2013)

In the meantime we moved, but even my prepaid envelope didn't go to waste, they just slapped the new address on top:)
contratz....

Michelli26
Newly Registered

Post by Michelli26 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:34 pm

Oh my God,
I cant believe that I will say that:

AFTER 6 MONTHS AND 20 DAYS, I GOT MY RC.
I sent email to UK SOLVIT>
CONTACTED MY MP>
SENT EMAIL TO MR WHITEMAN 5 TIMES.
He answer me 3 days ago saying that his time was working on my application.

OBRIGADA MEU DEUS....

Application sent 01/10/12
Coa: 17/10/2012
Passaports back without RC: 20/03/2013
RC: 20/04/2013.

EEA2APPLICANT

Post by EEA2APPLICANT » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:36 pm

Michelli26 wrote:Oh my God,
I cant believe that I will say that:

AFTER 6 MONTHS AND 20 DAYS, I GOT MY RC.
I sent email to UK SOLVIT>
CONTACTED MY MP>
SENT EMAIL TO MR WHITEMAN 5 TIMES.
He answer me 3 days ago saying that his time was working on my application.

OBRIGADA MEU DEUS....

Application sent 01/10/12
Coa: 17/10/2012
Passaports back without RC: 20/03/2013
RC: 20/04/2013.
congratz......