ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 application without COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

catchhster

TIER 2 application without COS

Post by catchhster » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:05 pm

Hi guys,

I made my tier 2 from PSW application without a COS. this is because company did not receive SMS login details at that time.

Now that i have a COS assigned and my question is how do i send a follow up letter. i.e will i get a reference number for my application. If i send a letter with missing details in my application will they be able to connect to letter to my application. So when it goes to the case worker they will have all details they should have???

Thanks
Sivakumar

lawguru
Newly Registered

Re: TIER 2 application without COS

Post by lawguru » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:56 pm

catchhster wrote:Hi guys,

I made my tier 2 from PSW application without a COS. this is because company did not receive SMS login details at that time.

Now that i have a COS assigned and my question is how do i send a follow up letter. i.e will i get a reference number for my application. If i send a letter with missing details in my application will they be able to connect to letter to my application. So when it goes to the case worker they will have all details they should have???

Thanks
Your application is likely to be rejected as invalid. The caseworker may or may not consider the additional evidence as your COS was issued after the application was made. Be hopeful that he exercise his discretion in your favour. Be prepared for the worst as well. Good luck

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:15 pm

read the story of gameover_786 (first 6 pages only)
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... sc&start=0

catchhster

Confirmed by UKBA employer help line

Post by catchhster » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:25 am

@Lawguru how are you so sure?

I have already spoke to UKBA about this and they even suggested to do before we get a license and as manci specified there are people who did this already without a license

Fortunately I had the license before my stay ends but we did not receive the letter with SMS details. My employer already sent a copy of my visa to UKBA asking them to treat the sponsor application as urgent they did give the license in time but they did not send all details in time. So I am sure the case worker will consider my application if in worst case I have a valid reason to appeal and i have made my application in time.

REMEMBER we have people who doing this and there is a confirmation from UKBA that we can do this. Is there anyone who got refused for these reasons ?? So for there aren's any. Lets wait and see It could be me but very unlikely.

My question do we get a reference number for the application we posted?

Thanks for your reply I will keep you guys posted.
Sivakumar

grif-fin

Post by grif-fin » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:53 am

Hi catchhster!

I am in a similar situation to yours, did it go well at the end?did the UKBA accept the cover letter and you've send them the CoS details later?

catchhster

HI ALL

Post by catchhster » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:58 am

I got my visa with no issues at all. The UKBA did accept my cover letter.
Sivakumar

grif-fin

Post by grif-fin » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:06 am

Thanks for the reply, my situation is similar to yours with the exception that our company's licence is still pending though we asked for urgent treatment last week. I've only got 2 weeks to my visa expiry and it is likely that we would not receive the licence by then. I hope the cover letter works here.

grif-fin

Post by grif-fin » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:57 pm

From my understanding, If you have received the licence but you don't have the CoS you can apply with cover letter but if you are still waiting for the licence to come and you apply with cover letter when you don't have licence you get rejected?