ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 general extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Azeem007
Newly Registered

Tier 1 general extension

Post by Azeem007 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:04 pm

I applied for tier 1 general extension yesterday in premier service as I m doing job in a company and also I run my own company as well and they raised the following points :-
They need business contracts which I made to my clients.
A letter from my business clients on their company headed or business headed as most of my clients they don't have their companies.
Evidence of communication/correspondence.
Please explain the nature of services provided to all business clients also please submitt us the letters from all these companies of business dealings with you.
Evidence of how I advertise my business .
Please submit us coppied of the plans business plans and reports which I have stated in my invoices like cash flow projection marketing etc.
finally I need to submit all my tax returns since the company opened
Please any one help me out I m really stressed

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:08 pm

In essence, they want evidence that your self-employed income is from genuine work contracts, rather than a scam contrived to embellish your income points. It's usual for them to pursue this line of enquiry and nothing to worry about.

Azeem007
Newly Registered

Post by Azeem007 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:13 pm

Yes I can understand that but some of my clients they don't live on their addresses now so what should I do? And as they left the country I delete all their data means business plans cash flow etc now what should I do as home office asking to give them coppied of plan

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:16 pm

Frankly, it looks fishy. The onus is on you to show that this money was from genuine commercial exchanges rather than from friends contriving with you to circumvent the immigration rules. I don't know what to suggest. Do you have a professionally-accredited accountant?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=124011

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=121144

Azeem007
Newly Registered

Post by Azeem007 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:30 pm

Yes I have and I claimed some money through dividend

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:34 pm

So, give this problem to your accountant.

Azeem007
Newly Registered

Post by Azeem007 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:36 pm

But my worry is the only two clients who have left the country some of my clients they company it's not a problem at all but some don't I m completely stressed please advice me something I knw that I have to submitt these documents at any cost but problem what abt who has moved somewhere else

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:38 pm

I think that as long as you can provide evidence for some of the clients, you should be fine. How much money are we referring to; is this sum essential to your points score?

Azeem007
Newly Registered

Post by Azeem007 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:42 pm

My employment earning is almost 21K and rest of 14k I m claiming through my company dividends

Azeem007
Newly Registered

Post by Azeem007 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:43 pm

I needed 35 k in total

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:49 pm

They will be interested to know how you hold down a full-time job (relatively low-paid) and still find time to make 33% of your income outside your normal hours of business. This is perfectly possible; you just have to show them how you did it.

Also, you seem to have exactly hit upon the required total income, so lucky you! If you had earned 40K but only needed 34K to score points, that would be of less interest to the caseworker.

Azeem007
Newly Registered

Post by Azeem007 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:55 pm

Thanks lukapoca much apreciated but my worry is previous business plans and couple of my clients have moved out do I need to explain home office about it and if you read my first post one Q they asked twice its really important for me to get extension bcoz recently I got promotion and it will effect it :(

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:59 pm

The business plan is not important; it's merely one part of the general nature the enquiry. They have given a list and you have to do your best to satisfy their requirements or supply other evidence that addresses the genuine nature of the transactions.

Your accountant and a professional immigration advisor who specializes in T1 should easily rectify this for you. I am constantly amazed that people with business-related visas based on complex or multiple activities try to make immigration applications without proper professional advice. How much is your life in the UK actually worth to you?

Azeem007
Newly Registered

Post by Azeem007 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:04 pm

Thanks lukapoca It's never happened with me before anything like that but I m really worrying abt it

ilrapplicant2013

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:39 pm

Mate, relax. Dont panic and worry.Things could be worse. Ukba have asked for additional proof only to check if you have genuine source of income.
What services do you provide?
Now, only you know if you have genuine 14k income.

If yes, dont panic, take baby steps.
It is still only for 1 year.how many contracts did you work on. List that out and then see how many you can reach,how many you might reach and how many you cant.

Gather them and submit it to ukba and write a covering letter explaining this the best you could provide.it could be email communication, work travels ,try to provide something that could prove it was genuine contract.

At least proof of some work you have done.

But if it isnt genuine, i suggest dont fabricate things up because now they could reject you based on no sufficient proof but otherwise they will reject you for deception which means o uk for a long time and you have declare it in applications to us,canada, australia and like.

Look at other options.

See if your employwr can sponsor tier 2 for you?

Also, invest in a solicitor, yours.seems a.bit more complex.

karthickuk
Newly Registered

hi there

Post by karthickuk » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:40 pm

hi dude how its gng? my case is same as urs had peo at sheffield tier 1 extension, full time work plus self employment

Case worker asked following document which i sent by 14 days it been over 2 week now no response from HO i am really worried too...

document requeted:
contract document
nature of job provided
company headed letterhead explain job they received from me and payment made to me

usual nothing to worry,,

make sure u prepare documents clearly and send it them should be fine

Azeem007
Newly Registered

Post by Azeem007 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:56 pm

Hi karthick how are you? Thanks for update karthick have you got any response yet? I have already sent all the documents to HO almost a week ago but no reply even though I booked premier service though

spellish
BANNED

Post by spellish » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:48 pm

Don't worry mate , u have to wait its just been a week ,
People's are waiting since January . And they are still waiting .
If anybody get response plz share it

Azeem007
Newly Registered

Post by Azeem007 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:50 pm

Hi spellish but I paid for premier service mate and the case worker told me they gonna inform me within 7 days but they have not :(

karthickuk
Newly Registered

Post by karthickuk » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:25 pm

Azeem007 wrote:Hi spellish but I paid for premier service mate and the case worker told me they gonna inform me within 7 days but they have not :(
hi dude any updates on ur case... mine as same still waiting decision from ukba

karthickuk
Newly Registered

Post by karthickuk » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:26 pm

Azeem007 wrote:Hi karthick how are you? Thanks for update karthick have you got any response yet? I have already sent all the documents to HO almost a week ago but no reply even though I booked premier service though
hi azeem how its gng? got any updates on ur visa? mine is still pending no one can tell how long it takes for ukba to make a decision

dessy33
Newly Registered

Post by dessy33 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:43 am

Try to calm down and treat each step carefully...what a caseworker wants is to be convinced by the evidence provided as all cases are evidence based.
It's not your fault that your clients left the country so what i'd do is draw up contracts stating exactly what services you provided for them, the period and the amount paid. Fax these to them so they can sign them...your accountant should be able to the rest
I was in a similar situation (full time employment + self-employment ( Uk + foreign)) . What i did was to provide contract letters, confirmation of service and payment letters, invoices (stating in details the services rendered and charges) from each client and the corresponding bank statements showing the payments made to my uk and foreign accounts.
my application was a premium service @ sheffield and the whole thing was successful. (All glory to God Almighty). The case worker made a decision within 30min

mohramzan

Post by mohramzan » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:43 am

hello
i was asked to provide evidence from hmrc that my employer paying taxes behalf of me, submitted the documents on 11th of april and still waiting. I had premium service in croydon.

Azeem007
Newly Registered

Post by Azeem007 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:14 am

Thanks dassy I have almost same case as u had. Hopefully things will be fine inshallah anyways I had premier service but they asked me further documents which already have submitted to them almost 2 week ago but still did not receive any update my worry is that I have premier service why they are taking so long then?

Azeem007
Newly Registered

No update

Post by Azeem007 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:44 pm

Hi karthick em good how are you? Bruv still have not received any updates I don't knw y they r taking so long......