ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

waiting for UTC from HMRC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

happinessforever
Newly Registered

waiting for UTC from HMRC

Post by happinessforever » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:10 am

hi there

im due to submit my application for citizenship via Birmingham NCS on 1 May. I am employed full time but also doing some paid freelance work on my free time and now earning second income so Ive registered online with HMRC on 3 April and am just awaiting the letter from them with my UTC.

If my UTC does not arrive before my 1 May NCS appointment, do you think it will suffice to put in the 'Things not mentioned in other part of the Form' section, (and enclosing screenshots of my registration and acknowledgement) - -- or should I wait until I have my UTC before submitting my citizenship application? I have already had to move my NCS appointment once so I am hoping to keep this 1 May appointment but concerned my UTC may not arrive in time.

I thought it took 1 week but apparently it is taking a little longer than that.

many thanks

best wishes

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: waiting for UTC from HMRC

Post by Amber » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:16 pm

happinessforever wrote:hi there

im due to submit my application for citizenship via Birmingham NCS on 1 May. I am employed full time but also doing some paid freelance work on my free time and now earning second income so Ive registered online with HMRC on 3 April and am just awaiting the letter from them with my UTC.

If my UTC does not arrive before my 1 May NCS appointment, do you think it will suffice to put in the 'Things not mentioned in other part of the Form' section, (and enclosing screenshots of my registration and acknowledgement) - -- or should I wait until I have my UTC before submitting my citizenship application? I have already had to move my NCS appointment once so I am hoping to keep this 1 May appointment but concerned my UTC may not arrive in time.

I thought it took 1 week but apparently it is taking a little longer than that.

many thanks

best wishes
The fact that you are employed and paying NI/Taxes should suffice. Though, you don't need to be employed to naturalise yourself. Just include the extra information in the further information box.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

happinessforever
Newly Registered

Post by happinessforever » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:36 pm

thanks =]