ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) & SET(M) applications - Oct 2012 (timelines only)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gmx

Post by gmx » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:19 am

Hi samriti2u,

Mine is not up until May next year.

I believe senior members of this forum would be able to advise you.

Sorry if I can't help you out on this.
samriti2u wrote:Hi Gmx, Cpf and Maliksaab,

Can any one advise what will happen if a decision on ILR application is made after our existing leave as Tier-1 expires and the decision is to reject further leave? As far as I know they'll give 28 days to appeal or leave the country. But what I want to know is would we be still eligible for ILR? Would they treat it as a gap in visa and reject any further application for ILR as the 5 year clock will reset when they reject ILR application?

Can we apply for ILR (In-Person) or Tier-1 extension application before clock reset?

My existing leave as Tier-1 expires on 20 May, 13. Can you post when yours is expiring?

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:31 pm

Can any one advise what will happen if a decision on ILR application is made after our existing leave as Tier-1 expires and the decision is to reject further leave? As far as I know they'll give 28 days to appeal or leave the country. But what I want to know is would we be still eligible for ILR? Would they treat it as a gap in visa and reject any further application for ILR as the 5 year clock will reset when they reject ILR application?

Can we apply for ILR (In-Person) or Tier-1 extension application before clock reset?

My existing leave as Tier-1 expires on 20 May, 13. Can you post when yours is expiring?
Sorry Samriti2u, i can't advice as well . I applied 28 days before in Oct 12 of my visa expiry and it has been passed because my visa is more then 6 months delay.

cpf
Newly Registered

Post by cpf » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:56 pm

Hi Samriti2u

My personal view only: You have the right to appeal based on the fact that you applied for ILR before your current visa expires. Since you will be appealing against the original decision (not a fresh application), the clock won’t reset. Again this is my personal view.

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:06 pm

Thanks Everyone.

I have lodged a formal complaint with UKBA now.

gmx

Post by gmx » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:52 am

All the best samriti2u

let's keep updating each other on our progress
samriti2u wrote:Thanks Everyone.

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:21 am

I wonder if we all could write a collective letter to head of UKBA and Immigration minister as I believe it'll have more impact than individual requests?

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:30 am

gmx wrote:All the best samriti2u

let's keep updating each other on our progress
samriti2u wrote:Thanks Everyone.

I have logged my complains two weeks ago and no response. I think British justice is for British people not for immigrants.

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:39 am

Maliksahb, Have you written to Mark Harper or Teresa May yet?

Peet77
Newly Registered

Post by Peet77 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:56 am

gmx, thanks earlier for the options to press for ringing them, which of course turned out to be useless.

I just rang them and she said my application hasn't been completed yet and that I just have to continue to wait. When I aked if applications are meant to be processed in date order, she said yes. But when I pointed out that Nov applications are being approved before October ones, she said she couldn't comment on that and that it could be from a different office to where my application is. When asked if she could confirm which office my application is, she said the system didn't show where - great - so my passport is somewhere in an office. (I'm assuming it's in Liverpool which is the address on my confirmation letter but i wanted her to confirm it)

samriti2u - in regards to your earlier question about visa expiry dates, my visa has already expired... it expired in Nov 2012 so if they reject my application (though I don't see why they would have grounds to, touch wood), I think I will have to leave the country!

In hindsight, I wished I had just paid the premium fee now as I've just wasted 6mths which could have gone towards the 12 mths needed post ILR to get the UK passport!

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:04 am

samriti2u wrote:Maliksahb, Have you written to Mark Harper or Teresa May yet?
I have written Complains to my MP and UKBA CEO. But planing to write everywhere where i can, i will not sit quite and let the UKBA do what ever they want to do. I am just looking different ways to complains now a days.

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:06 am

Peet77,

You might still be able to switch to Premium application from postal if you wish. Please check with them.

gmx

Post by gmx » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:43 am

Make sure to include Sarah Rapson, the interim Director Generals for UK Visas and Immigration (https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new- ... -appointed)

I'm planning to escalate my case to my MP within the next week or two.

There are some others:
Rob Whiteman : rob.Whiteman@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (ex UKBA CEO?)
Teresa May : mayt@parliament.uk - Home Secretary
Yvette Cooper: coopery@parliament.uk - Shadow Home Secretary
Mark Harper : ministerforimmigration@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk - Immigration Minister (edited mark's e-mail address)
Chris Bryant: bryantc@parliament.uk - Shadow Immigration Minister

The Labour shadow ministers may have their own agenda but we can use their help for our cause.

Chris Bryant's article: http://labourlist.org/2013/04/the-uk-bo ... med-again/

Yvette Cooper's statement: http://www.politicshome.com/uk/article/ ... since.html

Maliksahb wrote:
I have written Complains to my MP and UKBA CEO. But planing to write everywhere where i can, i will not sit quite and let the UKBA do what ever they want to do. I am just looking different ways to complains now a days.
Last edited by gmx on Thu May 02, 2013 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:58 am

gmx wrote:Make sure to include Sarah Rapson, the interim Director Generals for UK Visas and Immigration (https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new- ... -appointed)

There are some others:
Mark Harper : mark.harper.mp@parliament.uk - Immigration Minister

The Labour shadow ministers may have their own agenda but we can use their help for our cause.

Yvette Cooper's statement: http://www.politicshome.com/uk/article/ ... since.html

Maliksahb wrote:

Thanks gmx,

It is very informative post for all of us. I am just waiting for my MP. He initially gave me good response and immediately wrote my complain to UKBA so lets see what happen and after that i am planing to send complain to all of above people.

Peet77
Newly Registered

Post by Peet77 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:58 am

[quote="samriti2u"]Peet77,

You might still be able to switch to Premium application from postal if you wish. Please check with them.[/quote]

Thanks samriti2u.

I thought about switching which would mean withdrawing my application, and probably paying the original fee again (actually, new fees came into place in early April), along with the premium portion and having to wait 20days to get my passport and documents back. I will then have to change my application slightly too as it was correct at the time of applying back in October!

But I've had a quick look on the UKBA site about premium applications and your appointment must be before your current leave expires so I think I'm stuck with this stupid postal service.

I thought I could go to a friend's hen's weekend in Paris in about a month's time, but it doesn't look promising! Even if I get my approval letter, I still have to get the my passport and BRP back in time before I go which sometimes look like it lags a week from the approval letter.

Oh the joys of the UKBA!

Sirdi
Newly Registered

Post by Sirdi » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:05 pm

Category:- 10 years Long Residency ILR
NCS or Postal:- Postal Next Day Delivery
Date of submission: Saturday 06/10/2012[/font]
Date of received by UKBA: Monday 8/10/2012
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 12/10/2012
Date of acknowledgement : Dated 12/10/2012 Received on:25/10/2012
Date of Biometric:- 12/2012
Date of approval: Waiting
Date of Passport receive: Waiting
Date of BRP card Receive: Waiting

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:31 am

Hi Guys,

There is a service which you can avail to switch your application from postal to a premium so it could be dealt with on the same day but you'll lose the fee you've paid and you'll need to make a fresh application by same-day premium service. I've come across following link which might help you.

Any one who needs his passport urgently may consider it but it is your decision / responsibility. I cannot to be held responsible for any loss if there is any. http://www.iasservices.org.uk/switch-premium/

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:02 pm

Maliksahb wrote:
gmx wrote:Make sure to include Sarah Rapson, the interim Director Generals for UK Visas and Immigration (https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new- ... -appointed)

There are some others:
Mark Harper : mark.harper.mp@parliament.uk - Immigration Minister

Maliksahb wrote:

Thanks gmx,

It is very informative post for all of us. I am just waiting for my MP. He initially gave me good response and immediately wrote my complain to UKBA so lets see what happen and after that i am planing to send complain to all of above people.

Is there any one who complained at any of above email address and got back something useful???????

Peet77
Newly Registered

Post by Peet77 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:23 pm

Hi Maliksahb,

I haven't complained to any of the people that gmx had suggested. I have contacted my MP who has lodged an enquiry on my behalf to the UKBA and he will let me know what their response is.

I guess no one else has had any luck with their Oct applications?

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:50 am

Peet77 wrote:Hi Maliksahb,

I haven't complained to any of the people that gmx had suggested. I have contacted my MP who has lodged an enquiry on my behalf to the UKBA and he will let me know what their response is.

I have already complain through my MP and one month is going to pass but no response. so i was looking forward this week and after that i will send complain to where i can.

gmx

Post by gmx » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:33 am

I have got a reply from a lady in Rob's office and I am now pursuing the matters. I cannot share many details now but I will update you as soon as I can get something positive, hopefully.
Maliksahb wrote:

I have already complain through my MP and one month is going to pass but no response. so i was looking forward this week and after that i will send complain to where i can.

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:06 pm

gmx wrote:I have got a reply from a lady in Rob's office and I am now pursuing the matters. I cannot share many details now but I will update you as soon as I can get something positive, hopefully.
Maliksahb wrote:

Hi gmx,

Did you mean Rob Whiteman CEO office???

I did my complain to him as well but no response until now. When did you complain and how long it took to replay back? Please share what you can..

gmx

Post by gmx » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:01 pm

hi Maliksahb,

Yes. I sent it last week and got a reply the following day.

Maliksahb wrote:
gmx wrote:I have got a reply from a lady in Rob's office and I am now pursuing the matters. I cannot share many details now but I will update you as soon as I can get something positive, hopefully.
Maliksahb wrote:

Hi gmx,

I did my complain to him as well but no response until now. When did you complain and how long it took to replay back? Please share what you can..

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:19 pm

gmx wrote:hi Maliksahb,

Maliksahb wrote:
Maliksahb wrote:

Hi gmx,

I sent mine one two weeks before but no response. I send it by post. Have you emailed?

gmx

Post by gmx » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:15 pm

Yes
Maliksahb wrote:
gmx wrote:hi Maliksahb,

Maliksahb wrote:

Hi gmx,

I sent mine one two weeks before but no response. I send it by post. Have you emailed?

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Wed May 01, 2013 9:56 am

Hi Gmx,

Has the lady replied with a standard UKBA response or are they willing to look into your case on priority?