ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HOT NEWS: HSMP: Many UK Indians face deportation !!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bulldozer
Newly Registered

Post by bulldozer » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:10 pm

the biggest problem with the Earnings section with HSMP in my opinion is the London market. I believe that the London market needs to be treated separately (it needs it own Band). Living expenses are higher in London, as well as the pay rate.

However i'd imagine if you are a family from India, you will not settle in London necessarily (however if you are a young professional, you will settle in london most likely). So the families take a double hit. They earnless and since they are likely to be in their 30s, they do not get points for age.

badhorse

Post by badhorse » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:39 pm

John wrote:I just get the feeling that some people have just not thought through the comments that they are actually making! Are people really saying that those previously granted HSMP are of such a low skill level that 90% no longer qualify?

I for one think that HSMP people in the UK are highly intelligent, and only a small proportion would struggle to get an HSMP extension, or a WP.

Or are those claiming that 90% will fail really saying that they will fail because of low skill levels or even low intelligence?
This comment is not very well thought through.

It is wrong to assume that people fail to qualify under new HSMP rules are not highly skilled.

It is even wrong to assume that people fail to have a highly paid job are not highly skilled.

If this theory is applied to local UK people, there will be an outcry. However, when it is applied to immigrants, local UK people shut their mouth and some even say it is right!?

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:46 pm

badhorse wrote:
John wrote:I just get the feeling that some people have just not thought through the comments that they are actually making! Are people really saying that those previously granted HSMP are of such a low skill level that 90% no longer qualify?

I for one think that HSMP people in the UK are highly intelligent, and only a small proportion would struggle to get an HSMP extension, or a WP.

Or are those claiming that 90% will fail really saying that they will fail because of low skill levels or even low intelligence?

It is wrong to assume that people fail to qualify under new HSMP rules are not highly skilled.

It is even wrong to assume that people fail to have a highly paid job are not highly skilled.

If this theory is applied to local UK people, there will be an outcry. However, when it is applied to immigrants, local UK people shut their mouth and some even say it is right!?
What John mentioned in his post is true, people don't read the comments properly.

Better not comment on this thread anymore

sanjana2k
Newly Registered

re:

Post by sanjana2k » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:31 pm

This person is trying to say that all Asian and African people (the affected majority) are of low skill and low intelligence or thats what he is implying to say.

He is also ignoring the facts conveyed by joint council for welfare of immigrants and commission for facial equality as it was mentioned in the earlier posts.

topoftheworld

Post by topoftheworld » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:27 pm

I sympathise with those who are unable to qualify under the new rules. I am sure most of these people are well qualified and highly skilled. But, I also think that there are also a good number HSMP holders who

1) Are not very good at communication(in English.). Hence, unable to get good position and salary.
2) Did not have relevant work exp. required by the UK job market. Hence, unable to get good position and salary.
3) Settleed down with the very first job they get thus compromising skills,salary etc. Hence, draw less salary than reqd. and score less points.
4) produced "not-so-genuine" evidences to get approval. Hence, struggle to get a good job, if at all.

These people will struggle to get their visa re-newed under the new regime.
I am almost sure that such people can not constitute 90% of all HSMP holders (due for extension). This is very high figure and far away from the truth.

I wish all the best to all who genuinely deserve an extension, but unfortunately do not qualify due to reasons beyond their control.

Anyways, My 2 cents.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:36 am

some interesting news thought I will post it on this thread

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2007_04_ ... itment.htm
Historically, Indians emigrate to other nations of the world seeking higher-paying work. Some wish to relocate permanently;some are more interested in temporary work situations that allow them to remit funds back home.Many study overseas and gain several years' worth of work experience so that they are more competitive when they return home.
All this talk about making UK the permanent home.
One of the largest exports are IT workers, programmers who go to the United States and to the United Kingdom.

But recently, recruiters in India have bee facing difficulty in filling jobs demands at home, especially for highly skilled workers.
If that is the case why do they let people off so easily.
Many international firms are out-sourcing work to India these days, and locally there is an increasing shortage of people with high level language and cultural skills.
So i wonder why all the fuss about JR and case against the HO

bilalsab
Newly Registered

Post by bilalsab » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:50 pm

the fuss is about the retrospective implementation of the rules, which has disturbed some lives and jeopardised some future plans..also its not only about Indian immigrants.
UK is not the end of the world, but for example when one has spent close to 4 years as a legal immigrant in anticipation of getting a Permanent Resident status imposing new hurdles and asking for more money is not fair IMHO…it deserves to be challenged...no matter what the outcome is.

Cheated

Good news

Post by Cheated » Mon May 14, 2007 4:05 pm

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Mon May 14, 2007 10:15 pm

badhorse wrote:

Well said BadHorse -

Would have replied exactly the same if you hadn't. I have friends in research with impressive backgrounds who 1) make less than the average brit, and 2) would laugh at idea pay and age directly relate to skill or intellegence.

LondonBlonde

kal

Post by kal » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:07 pm

Hi Guyz,

Yaa man, the British Govt. and its policies are not at all reliable,
They have introduced HSMP to benefit themselves, when they are finding some skilled people from East Europe, they are bringing in different policies just to chase us out of UK.

Never trust British.

Kal

igetaround
Newly Registered

Post by igetaround » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:48 am

kal wrote:Never trust British.
Why are you in Britain then?

Frankly the entire story looks like a blatant attempt of small number of non-qualifying individuals to get HSMP extension under disguise of beloved. Of course they conveniently forgot that Indians are not the only ones on HSMP, and that most HSMP holders don't have any problems getting extension under new rules (unless they work in low skilled positions).

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:28 am

igetaround wrote:
kal wrote:Never trust British.
Why are you in Britain then?

Frankly the entire story looks like a blatant attempt of small number of non-qualifying individuals to get HSMP extension under disguise of beloved. Of course they conveniently forgot that Indians are not the only ones on HSMP, and that most HSMP holders don't have any problems getting extension under new rules (unless they work in low skilled positions).
igetaround - how do you know you will be ok under the new rules when they have not been announced yet? Next year, there will be a new 5 tier system and many will no longer qaulify for settlement. Yes. even those of us who manage high paying jobs may no longer qualify.

The thread was only quoting an Indian news story, and a large number of HSMP holders are Indian. In this context yours is the dearly beloved comment.

If you don't want us to be concerned for you, ok then. Done!

LondonBlonde

igetaround
Newly Registered

Post by igetaround » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:53 pm

LondonBlonde wrote:Yes. even those of us who manage high paying jobs may no longer qualify.
Paranoia and scaremongering.
LondonBlonde wrote:The thread was only quoting an Indian news story, and a large number of HSMP holders are Indian. In this context yours is the dearly beloved comment.
So are only Indian HSMP threatened now? Or may be also Pakistani, and Bangladeshi, and Chinese, and Australians, and Russians, and Ukrainians, and Serbs?
There is no beloved in actions of Home Office. You try to play race card just for your own gain, while perverting the meaning of "highly skilled" (£30000 at 40 years is not highly skilled for doctors or IT workers) and "retrospective" (yes, government have full right to close loopholes from the past).

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:25 pm

I am really disappointed...by the fact that so many people don't read comments clear before jumping to conclusions on this post.

I'm sorry but I might have to explain John's post/position (if I may take such a liberty, John?), because some posters are blowing his comments out of proportion, mis-reading it and mis-labelling what he is trying to argue.

So, an article/forum says 90% of HSMP holders WILL NOT qualify under the new system, and thus will be deported...and John is asking where they get this number from. Why do/would THEY assume 90% of HSMP holders are likely to fail to qualify for, say, a WP or even the new HSMP system?

Rightly, someone pointed out the low earnings might constitute their failure to qualify under the new system, but that is not enough reason alone for the forum to claim that all but 1 in 10 would make it.

Hm...I would really like to know what constitutes a highly skilled person anyway. What do other countries, e.g. Australia or Canada, look for?

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:40 am

igetaround - you are mega bitter for only having two posts. Did you change your account?

I think the thread is dead as this story was published so long ago. You could easily argue that even if the 90% stat was correct (ant it wasn't), people are going to make changes if they do not meet last Nov criterea.

John, don't know how this works exactly. Do we ask you to kill the thread?

ta

LondonBlonde