ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need some advice-spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cloudysky99

Need some advice-spouse visa

Post by cloudysky99 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:47 pm

HI all!
first of all congrats to everyone for such a wonderful and informative board. really every single person has not only been really supportive to members in distress but rejoiced with the ones who were successful. Good luck to you all!! :D
Now a bit about my self. i got married to a wonderful peron last year and am about to apply from my home country for a settlement visa. my husband is a uk citezen has a pemanent job and we have our own house through mortgage. i already have a visit visa and have visited uk many times the visit visa is still valid.. also i went witjh my hubby and lived with him for a couple of months before coming back to apply formally i;ve beeen researching about the things i need to make an application that will ensure a speedy process so that i can join my husband asap. but i have a couple of last minute questions on my mind
1 First of all my husband has a very nice job with a good salary of around 30,000 pounds annual but he doesnt hold much savings on the other hand i have some money stashed in my personal account in my home country the bulk of which was from my parents as a wedding gift and i would like to file that in my application. how do i make it clear that that money belongs to us and is not an attempt to artificially inflate our bank balance? do i need a letter or something? and no icannot open a joint account in the uk with him because we dont have much time now

2 the pictures im about to file to prove we have lived together were taken from a mobile and are of slightly blurry and of lesser quality than the ones taken by a regular camera. but still legible will that make any difference

3 many people say that it helps if the sponsor and applicant add a persomnal statement. what should we write in ours?

Thats all for now.. i would appreciate a speedy response from anyone

Biscuit
Newly Registered

Post by Biscuit » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:28 pm

Cloudysky99

The income looks fine, you will need his copy payslips & P14s to show continuous employment along with copy bank statements. Copy bank statements for your own savings will also help. Evidence of your visits to the UK would be good. You mention that you both own a property. If the property & mortgage are in both your names, then copies of the mortgage statement & deeds along with a valuation of the property showing the accommodation will help. A few photos no matter will be good as would copy letters, emails etc. Evidence of your marriage will be also needed. You can just write a short letter detailing the items enclosed & a short history of your relationship - no more than 1 page.

cloudysky99

Post by cloudysky99 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:24 am

thanksalot for replying i reaally really appreciate it :)
but i would like to point out that the money i ahve in my bank is purely a gift from my father. i do not work so the money has been deposited as a bulk sum which makes me slightly squemish.
and the house we own is under the name of my husband only since he was the only one there when he got it so i doubt it will make a difference
any ideas?

Thanks
Cloudy sky

Biscuit
Newly Registered

Post by Biscuit » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:00 pm

Hi

The savings account is not a real problem, just enclose the bank statements & write a short note to explain how you got the money. Maybe also a letter from your parents to say that they money is a gift - not a loan.

Will you husband be travelling with you for the embassy interview?

cloudysky99

Post by cloudysky99 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:19 pm

nope he is in the uk at the moment.. came with me to pakistan but found out we had a couple of papers missing so had to go back . now i'll apply myself and hope to join him as soon as possible

regards
cloudy sky