ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 dependant visa or visiting visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jobinscaria
United Kingdom

Tier1 dependant visa or visiting visa

Post by jobinscaria » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:12 pm

I am going to apply for tier1 dependant visa for my newborn son and I got an
appointment next week, but with the latest increase in fees, i have to pay £1920 (1545+375) for just his visa. I am eligible for ILR in 8 months time, but I need to visit home in June. So I was wondering whether my son could get visiting visa from India rather than paying lot of money to get dependant visa. Will they issue visiting visa if he is eligible for dependant visa? Also will getting an visiting visa got any impact when we applying for his citizenship after our ILR? Any advice on this will be highly appreciated.

Cheers
Jobin

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:42 pm

They won't issue a visit visa unless it's absolutely clear that the child will leave rather than remain. With both parents resident in the UK, you have difficulty. What evidence would you use; does the child have to return to your country for schooling or whatever?

jobinscaria
United Kingdom

Post by jobinscaria » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:57 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Since he doesn't need a visa to stay and need one only for entry I was hoping that a visiting visa would suffice. £1920 is a lot of money and visiting visa costs less than 100 quid.
Lucapooka wrote:They won't issue a visit visa unless it's absolutely clear that the child will leave rather than remain. With both parents resident in the UK, you have difficulty. What evidence would you use; does the child have to return to your country for schooling or whatever?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:04 pm

A PBS dependant visa costs 840 pounds. A visit visa is 80 pounds (which will be a waste of money as the fee will be taken and the application processed with a refusal).

jobinscaria
United Kingdom

Post by jobinscaria » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:09 pm

As per the UKBA website if we are applying in person and not at the same time as of main applicant, tier1 general dependant visa costs £1920 from Uk and £840 from ouside UK. correct me if I am wrong.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/fees/

Jobin.

Lucapooka wrote:A PBS dependant visa costs 278 pounds. A visit visa is 80 pounds (which will be a waste of money as the fee will be taken and the application processed with a refusal).

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:14 pm

1920 is the fee for personal caller (PEO) applications made inside the UK for leave to remain. So, irrelevant to this discussion. A PBS dependant visa application is 840.

Nothing in your posts suggest that your child is currently anything other than outside the UK. If you have more essential information you should say so.

jobinscaria
United Kingdom

Post by jobinscaria » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:24 pm

Sorry, my son is in the UK now, I got s PEO appointment for next week. But on April 6th Ukba increased the fee from £900 to £1920 for PEO appointment for tier1 dependant. So I am in two minds whether to go with that appointment or apply from India.

Cheers
Jobin
Lucapooka wrote:1920 is the fee for personal caller (PEO) applications made inside the UK for leave to remain. So, irrelevant to this discussion. A PBS dependant visa application is 840.

Nothing in your posts suggest that you child is currently anything other than outside the UK.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:25 pm

Visas are not issued inside the UK. A visa is something used to enter the UK so if you ask about visas you will get answers about entry clearance. Leave to remain (aka residence permits) are issued inside the UK. Your child can apply for either (before he travels or before he returns) but the visa application made outside the UK would have to be a PBS dependant rather than a visit.