ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Appeal Time- Share ur timeline!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Yazzy
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa Appeal Time- Share ur timeline!

Post by Yazzy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:51 am

Hi everyone I'm new here...

Basically my husband applied for spouse visa on 7th January 2013 from India..
We recieved his spouse visa refusal on 19th March 2013
My solicitor faxed the appeal on 27th March 2013

It has been over 3 weeks since we faxed it
I haven't recieved any appeal acknowledgement letter yet
Will I recieve one? And how long does that letter take to come?

With this timeline when could I be having a court hearing do you think?

Anyone gone through this whole process in the last year?
Please share your story.. I'm going crazy with the wait
Thank you

johnj1

Post by johnj1 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:46 pm

Hi,
I am in the boat as you, I don't know if you are the one that paid the appeal fees, since you engaged the service of lawyer, some may charge it with their fees, while some will not. When I did mine, the lawyer did not charge the appeal fees as I paid the appeal fees myself, I had to provide details of my bank card, and keep checking the day that the fees is deducted from my account, I received court hearing date 10 days after that. I hope this helps?. Good luck

bes
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa Appeal Time- Share ur timeline!

Post by bes » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:59 am

Yazzy wrote:Hi everyone I'm new here...

Thank you
When you submitted your appeal, did you submit your documents all over again?

bes
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa Appeal Time- Share ur timeline!

Post by bes » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:22 am

Yazzy wrote:Hi everyone I'm new here...

Thank you
When you submitted your appeal, did you submit your documents all over again?

Yazzy
United Kingdom

Post by Yazzy » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:32 pm

@JohnJ1 How long after u submitted ur appeal did they take money from ur account for the court hearing ?
When was this?

My paid my solicitor the fee and they will take the money from my solicitors bank account

@Bes No we did not submit all our documents all over again.. We only submitted the papers for the points we have to provide that they was wrong to refuse it..

johnj1

Post by johnj1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:28 pm

@Yazzy,
Like I said earlier on, that my lawyer make the appeal on my wife's behalf, this was last week in March, the lawyer told me that his fees will not be included in the court fees, so I provided my bank details for the court fees to be deducted. I noticed that the money was taken out from my account last week wednesday, and informed my lawyer about this, however, it will take up to 4-6 months for AIT to hear the appeal, what my lawyer told me is that he will write to ECO at British Embassy with the appeal reference number that is written on the acknowledgement letter to reconsider his refusal decision, maybe it will not go for hearing, as the only reason for refusal is "Subsisting Relationship", so fingers crossed. About your case, since you've employed the services of lawyer, the acknowledgement letter will be sent to him/her and will inturn inform you accordingly.

Yazzy
United Kingdom

Post by Yazzy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:39 am

@JonJ1 thanks for that information
I called the appeal office on Monday and the told me they took the money from the account on last Friday
Which means my appeal and ur appeal is just few days apart
Good luck and let me know what happens
Appeal office told me they will write to my husband and my solicitor in upto 8 weeks time

Yazzy
United Kingdom

Post by Yazzy » Tue May 28, 2013 3:06 pm

Hi JonJ1 have u received a ECM deadline
The deadline for ours is 10th September

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue May 28, 2013 4:14 pm

You would be better off posting in the Spouse visa from India page as there are a lot more people in there that might be able to help you, instead of starting another timeline page :wink:

Malik247
Newly Registered

Post by Malik247 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:10 pm

johnj1 wrote:@Yazzy,
Like I said earlier on, that my lawyer make the appeal on my wife's behalf, this was last week in March, the lawyer told me that his fees will not be included in the court fees, so I provided my bank details for the court fees to be deducted. I noticed that the money was taken out from my account last week wednesday, and informed my lawyer about this, however, it will take up to 4-6 months for AIT to hear the appeal, what my lawyer told me is that he will write to ECO at British Embassy with the appeal reference number that is written on the acknowledgement letter to reconsider his refusal decision, maybe it will not go for hearing, as the only reason for refusal is "Subsisting Relationship", so fingers crossed. About your case, since you've employed the services of lawyer, the acknowledgement letter will be sent to him/her and will inturn inform you accordingly.
John what progress in ur case bc I have similar refusal case went to court or not thanks

melbgirl
Newly Registered

Adjourned hearing

Post by melbgirl » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:32 am

I got a letter today saying that my appeal hearing due for Monday has been adjourned for four months as there was a 'lack of court time'. This letter was sent through normal post.

It seems they had only allowed a small amount of time for my hearing and as I am bringing 8 witnesses with me, they do not have enough time to see me until December.

Good times :)

Adima
Newly Registered

Re: Adjourned hearing

Post by Adima » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:00 pm

melbgirl wrote:I got a letter today saying that my appeal hearing due for Monday has been adjourned for four months as there was a 'lack of court time'. This letter was sent through normal post.

It seems they had only allowed a small amount of time for my hearing and as I am bringing 8 witnesses with me, they do not have enough time to see me until December.

Good times :)
@ Melbgirl, Sorry about the adjournment of your court hearing. Please what was the reason for refusal? Did you apply in your home country or in the UK? Wishing you all the best with your appeal

melbgirl
Newly Registered

Re: Adjourned hearing

Post by melbgirl » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:17 pm

[/quote]

@ Melbgirl, Sorry about the adjournment of your court hearing. Please what was the reason for refusal? Did you apply in your home country or in the UK? Wishing you all the best with your appeal[/quote]

My reason for refusal was that i did not supply all of our payslips for the 12 months before the application (P60 is not good enough in their eyes)

Also my partner and I were not living in the same country as he was working offshore (marine engineer) so they see this as not living akin to marriage.

I applied within the UK