ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pls help on question of good character

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dantata
Newly Registered

Pls help on question of good character

Post by dantata » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:45 am

hi everyone,
thanks for all your numerous advice that has helped me through my appeal for PR and i finally got it yesterday.
please i have another question to ask as i would be applying for naturalization soon and on the Guideance it asked that i should list all my dealing with the UKBA in order to knw if am a person of good character.
My Question is this, should i put down my past immigration history which i know is on there system where it was found that,when i first came here on a visitors visa then overstayed before going back with my ex-wife to get married in my home country and then applying for a Family permit that i had a bad quality stamp on my passport so my application was refused.then travelled thru my Ex country as i got residency there back to the UK. since i have been here with my ex i have been working, got no criminal record,FPN,or been to court.
Please do you think my past immigration history before i became a family member of an EEA would be deemed as someone of a bad character or is it advisable not to bring the issue up as i wasnt a living in this country as a resident as of that time.
thanx a lot in advance for ur advice which would be greatly appreciated.

dantata
Newly Registered

Post by dantata » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:49 am

sorry if i have posted this on the wrong forum, cos i just realised i should have posted it on the british citizenship section but still any ideas would be appreciated from all. tanx

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:56 am

dantata wrote:sorry if i have posted this on the wrong forum, cos i just realised i should have posted it on the british citizenship section but still any ideas would be appreciated from all. tanx
No problem, I've moved this to the British Citizenship section. Hopefully someone can answer your question there.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Pls help on question of good character

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:35 am

dantata wrote:hi everyone,
thanks for all your numerous advice that has helped me through my appeal for PR and i finally got it yesterday.
please i have another question to ask as i would be applying for naturalization soon and on the Guideance it asked that i should list all my dealing with the UKBA in order to knw if am a person of good character.
My Question is this, should i put down my past immigration history which i know is on there system where it was found that,when i first came here on a visitors visa then overstayed before going back with my ex-wife to get married in my home country and then applying for a Family permit that i had a bad quality stamp on my passport so my application was refused.then travelled thru my Ex country as i got residency there back to the UK. since i have been here with my ex i have been working, got no criminal record,FPN,or been to court.
Please do you think my past immigration history before i became a family member of an EEA would be deemed as someone of a bad character or is it advisable not to bring the issue up as i wasnt a living in this country as a resident as of that time.
thanx a lot in advance for ur advice which would be greatly appreciated.
Providing you have not conmitted an immigration offence or received a civil penalty under immigration law then all your previous history as mentioned is not relevant, and as you've said they have your history already. Just make sure you satisfy the residency and other requirements.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

dantata
Newly Registered

Post by dantata » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:07 am

Tanx a lot D4109125 for the quick answer, I did not recieve any civil penalty under the immigration law and I really don't knw if the issue of having the false stamp on my passport falls under an immigration offence as my application for family permit was refused. I satisfy all the residence and other requirements.
1.So if my past immigration history is not relevant, is it wise not to mention it on the form even though its on their system
2. If the issue of the stamp is deemed as an immigration offence, would it count against me in the good character requirement even though It was six years ago and since I became a family member of an EEA I have been working and have had no negative record to my name.
Tanx once again in advance

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:23 am

dantata wrote:Tanx a lot D4109125 for the quick answer, I did not recieve any civil penalty under the immigration law and I really don't knw if the issue of having the false stamp on my passport falls under an immigration offence as my application for family permit was refused. I satisfy all the residence and other requirements.
1.So if my past immigration history is not relevant, is it wise not to mention it on the form even though its on their system
2. If the issue of the stamp is deemed as an immigration offence, would it count against me in the good character requirement even though It was six years ago and since I became a family member of an EEA I have been working and have had no negative record to my name.
Tanx once again in advance
It should pose no issue. The only issue would be if you try to deceive or included false information on your previous applications. You can by all means include anything you think is relevant on the other information page if this makes you feel better.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

dantata
Newly Registered

Post by dantata » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:31 am

Thank you for the reply