ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for a baby's Dependent Permit

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pankaj21k
Newly Registered

Applying for a baby's Dependent Permit

Post by pankaj21k » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:09 pm

Hi,
My wife gave birth to a baby few months ago here in UK and now we are planning to apply for his dependent visa here. However, my wife needs to travel urgently to India in April for her medical treatment. So we wanted to know if it is ok to apply for the baby's dependent permit after travelling to India (from India) or do we need to apply it here in UK itself?

We have applied for our WP extension and should be receiving the passport by next week. So I don't think there is enough time left to apply for baby's visa in UK as the timeline seems to be roughly about 2 months after application. So if we just take out his passport and then apply for the visa from India, would it be an issue in any sense? I might not be travelling with my wife and baby so want to know if that would also have an impact on the outcome of visa?

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:59 pm

Should be possible to apply from India too.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

razraz

Post by razraz » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:37 pm

vinny wrote:Should be possible to apply from India too.
i think u will be ok.i had the same problem and i applied for my daughter from abroad and she got her visa in 15 days ..

lawabidingimmigrant

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:52 pm

Please ensure TB test is done for the baby at local hospital certified by UKBA before submitting your documents at visa application center.

TB test is now mandatory before applying for visa and the report needs to be included in the documents along with visa application.

prashanth11
Newly Registered

Post by prashanth11 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:22 pm

Hi,
I had a similar situation. My daughter born in UK and travelled to India withing 30 days after birth. I applied for a indian passport in london before she went to India.
Currently I am planning to apply for a visa from india for my daughter as a dependent on me.
As I have seen hear that one of the member has posted that the baby should have TB test done and certificate should be provided by hospital or doctor who are approved by UKBA.
But I am not sure how/where could I find doctor/hospital who are approved by UKBA to provida a TB certificate? Could anyone help me in this regards please.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashanth

lawabidingimmigrant

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:46 am

Which city are you applying dependent visa from? For Pune it is Ruby Hall Clinic only. For infant baby they do not do TB test but do normal health check & issue TB certificate.

My UK born baby had to travel to India when he was just 1 month old due to bereavement in family. Later we applied for Tier 2 Child visa but were unaware of TB test. So visa application was not accepted.

We booked appointment 2 weeks later with TB test result attached in visa application. Received visa after 3 weeks.

It's a shame that UKBA now harasses infant babies too. There's a long queue at hospital and you need to be lucky to get the report same day.

prashanth11
Newly Registered

Post by prashanth11 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:55 pm

Thank you for your reply.
I am applying from Hyderabad.
By doing some search on the UKBA website I now found that TB test certificate is mandatory.
The application fee is around Rs 42000 per dependent. So I would rather take the TB test certificate for both my wife and my daughter.
Additional to this,
I was recently trying to book an appointment online on the VFS website and for this I had filled my dependent details online. But what confuses me here is at the end of the online application it only gives me application fee total of Rs 42000. Even though there are two dependents for which I was expecting the fee should be in total of Rs 84000.
I am not sure whether if I need to fill in another online application for my wife or for my daughter.

Regards,
prashanth

lawabidingimmigrant

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:10 am

Approx 42000/- per dependent. You need to submit separate visa application for each dependent.

Better pay visa fees in cash as currency is fluctuating and visa fees keeps changing. Demand Drafts having old fees do not get accepted as visa fees get changed at any time.

We faced this problem during our baby visa. Good luck.

prashanth11
Newly Registered

Post by prashanth11 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:54 pm

Hi,
I believe on the UKBA website there is a fixed rate of exchange from £ to INR which is 85 Rs. I think the possibility of fluctuation for INR is not possible . please correct me if I am wrong.
Additional to the above, I am bit confused what would be the difference between "Crown dependencies" and "join family" in the dropdown menu in the below link.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... ableAnchor

On my biometric card it says "TIER 2 (GENERAL) LEAVE TO REMAIN" If I look for this Tier 2 points based system under the "crwon dependencies" it is showing INR 42000 at the same time in the brackets it is showing only for ISLE OF MAN.
At the same time If I look under the "Join family" it does not mention Tier 2 General but it shows work permit holders for which it shows the application fee INR 23650.
Could you please let me know what would be the appropriate fee?

additionally I have looked on the UKBA website for the same application which is Tier 2 General dependent if applying in UK the application fee is £ 494.
It is bit confusing to me.
If you dont mind can I ask you, what does it mention on your biometric visa card please. on my card it shows for Type of permit as - "TIER 2 (GENERAL) LEAVE TO REMAIN". does it mention the same on your card?
appreciate your help.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashanth

lawabidingimmigrant

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:15 am

prashanth11 wrote:Hi,
I believe on the UKBA website there is a fixed rate of exchange from £ to INR which is 85 Rs. I think the possibility of fluctuation for INR is not possible . please correct me if I am wrong.
Currency rate and visa fees is subject to change when applying out of country.

When we submitted Tier 2 Child application online, it showed fees of around INR 42000/-

When we went to submit the documents on the appointment date, VFS informed that the fees was reduced to Rs 41000/- due to currency fluctuations and that they will not be able to accept Demand Draft of higher amount.

We had to rush to nearest cash machine to withdraw cash and pay visa fees. (cash machine in the VFS building didnt work)

prashanth11
Newly Registered

Post by prashanth11 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:32 pm

Hi,
thank you verymuch for your reply.
So as per your suggestion I would rather let my wife know that its better to carry the cash to the VFS. Thank you for your information.
Additionally, as I am currently in UK and I cannot send/post my original passport and my original biometric card to India, so Instead I am planning to send/post the photocopies.
I have heard that the photocopies (of my passport and biometric card) must be viewed by a solicitor here in UK and he should certify the photocopies as a true copy (in other other words photocopies should be attested by a solicitor) and these attested photocopies must be submitted along with the application.
could you please let me know if this true?
or is that going to be ok if I just photocopy my passport and biometric card and submit the application in India?
your help on the above would be much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashanth

lawabidingimmigrant

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:33 pm

No need for getting passport / BRP copies attested by solicitor, at least we didnt need to do it. I just emailed scan copies to my wife & she submitted the printouts with visa application. We got Tier 2 Child visa in 3 weeks.

prashanth11
Newly Registered

Post by prashanth11 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:44 pm

Hi,
Thank you verymuch for your kind reply.

Regards,
Prashanth