ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependant visa and switching job in tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

karthiktr

dependant visa and switching job in tier 2

Post by karthiktr » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:13 am

I need some general information.

I am currently in tier 2 general from dec 2012 to dec 2015. my wife is along with as a dependant of tier 2 general until 2015. Nw i am planning to switch my job where the new employer is willing to sponsor for me. So when the new employer is applying visa for me should i have to apply for my wife as well or her current visa will hold until 2015 ???
If i have to apply for her means ..hw much shuld i have to maintain in my account or any option available that new employer can certify maintenance for her ???
Is there any tier 2 guidance available from ukba for switching job in tier 2 ......

safatafa
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by safatafa » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:54 am

You only show maintenance for dependants when the main applicant needs to show funds so in ur case u don't ve to neither does ur wife.

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:38 am

Hi there. Just to clarify is it £900 or has it changed to £1800 for 90 days for dependants fund maintenance when applying for T2 general? Thanks.

safatafa
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by safatafa » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:59 am

900 for main applicant And 600 per dependant

manci
Respected Guru

Re: dependant visa and switching job in tier 2

Post by manci » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:06 pm

karthiktr wrote:I need some general information.

I am currently in tier 2 general from dec 2012 to dec 2015. my wife is along with as a dependant of tier 2 general until 2015. Nw i am planning to switch my job where the new employer is willing to sponsor for me. So when the new employer is applying visa for me should i have to apply for my wife as well or her current visa will hold until 2015 ? it is not the employer who is applying for your visa, you are. Your wife's visa is tied to your leave so she would also have to apply.

If i have to apply for her means ..how much shuld i have to maintain in my account or any option available that new employer can certify maintenance for her ???
Is there any tier 2 guidance available from ukba for switching job in tier 2 ......
the Tier2 guidance is here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

karthiktr

Re: dependant visa and switching job in tier 2

Post by karthiktr » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:18 am

manci wrote:
karthiktr wrote:I need some general information.

I am currently in tier 2 general from dec 2012 to dec 2015. my wife is along with as a dependant of tier 2 general until 2015. Nw i am planning to switch my job where the new employer is willing to sponsor for me. So when the new employer is applying visa for me should i have to apply for my wife as well or her current visa will hold until 2015 ? it is not the employer who is applying for your visa, you are. Your wife's visa is tied to your leave so she would also have to apply.

If i have to apply for her means ..how much shuld i have to maintain in my account or any option available that new employer can certify maintenance for her ???
the Tier2 guidance is here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

hi manci,
thanks for your reply. I got another question.
Is my new employer has to do RLMT.when ii am going to change from one tier 2 (current employer ) to tier 2 (new employer ).
Waiting for your reply

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:50 pm