ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need your guidance please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tsmoussa

Need your guidance please

Post by tsmoussa » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:58 am

Hi to all members, and thanks for your support throughout the 10 years spent in UK.

Our situation is exactly the following:

Arrived in Uk on 02/06/2003 with my wife as student and dependant.

Wife stayed 1 month and she left for 5 months to deliver our first baby back home. after 5 months both wife and child returned to UK as my dependants.

In 2008 another child was born in UK

All our extensions were on time, no gaps and absence within the limit for myself, wife and daughter absence from UK is above the limit and they have to wait 5 months to be eligible for the 10 years long residency, we all have valid leave to remain until 2014 under PBS system

I believe the easiest and shortest way to get ILR then citizenship for us is for me to apply next month using SET(LR), wife and daughter apply the same after 5 months, second child will be eligible for british passport once I received my ILR, then I will have to wait one year and apply for citizenship, once I got it and (hopefuly) wife and daughter have their ILR, wife can apply for Citizenship without waiting for 12 months as she will be spouse of British citizen, now the question what about my daughter, when will she be eligible to apply for BC?

Please tell me what do you think? any suggestions are welcome, there could be a better way to approach the whole situation, please advise.

Many thanks for reading through my post.

tsmoussa

Post by tsmoussa » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:38 pm

anyone to reply with thanks???

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:45 pm

tsmoussa wrote:anyone to reply with thanks???
Both children can be registered as BC after your ILR

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:41 am

z18runway wrote:Both children can be registered as BC after your ILR
No.

Child born outside the UK will be subject to discretion (3(1)).
Child born inside the UK will be entitled (1(3)).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tsmoussa

Post by tsmoussa » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:26 am

Thanks Vinny, question now is do I need to apply ILR for the child born abroad or go straight to BC when I receive my ILR? If ILR needed can you please advise me when to apply for it?

tsmoussa

Post by tsmoussa » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:30 pm

Hi, can someone please reply on when to go for first child BC discretion, is it after I got my ILR or my BC?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:39 pm

Have you read the FAQ before posting?

See Q1 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting - children.