ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English requirements for ILR !

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Easy Tiger

English requirements for ILR !

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:58 pm

Hi , can anyone tell me how early can you do the life in the UK test & esol entry 3 early as my wifes ILR application is due to be submitted in march 2014. Also do u know of any equivalent b1 level course to meet the Ukba English requirements.

Thank You

Emrah

Re: English requirements for ILR !

Post by Emrah » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:02 pm

Easy Tiger wrote:Hi , can anyone tell me how early can you do the life in the UK test & esol entry 3 early as my wifes ILR application is due to be submitted in march 2014. Also do u know of any equivalent b1 level course to meet the Ukba English requirements.

Thank You
I got my Life in the UK test 2 years ago I will apply for ILR in June. there is no valid date for Life in the UK.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:16 pm

Easy Tiger wrote:Hi , can anyone tell me how early can you do the life in the UK test & esol entry 3 early as my wifes ILR application is due to be submitted in march 2014. Also do u know of any equivalent b1 level course to meet the Ukba English requirements.
She can take the test/exam at any time she wishes prior to her ILR application. For information on English qualifications (b1 level) see the following link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf

viki83

Post by viki83 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:23 pm

Can anyone please confirm if a dependant has a degree taught in Engligh from some non-UK country and get English language equivalence from NARIC, would that be accepted as its better than going through the hassle of giving a test and costs about £50.

http://www.ecctis.co.uk/naric/Individua ... sment.aspx
cs95tdg wrote:
She can take the test/exam at any time she wishes prior to her ILR application. For information on English qualifications (b1 level) see the following link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:46 pm

viki83 wrote:Can anyone please confirm if a dependant has a degree taught in Engligh from some non-UK country and get English language equivalence from NARIC, would that be accepted as its better than going through the hassle of giving a test and costs about £50.

cs95tdg wrote:
NARIC will only compare your Qualifications from abroad, IS EQUIVALENT TO to what NQF level. To obtain ILR one has to pass the Life in the Uk Test/ESOL Qualification s.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

viki83

Post by viki83 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:06 pm

Are you sure about as this is according to NARIC page:

UK NARIC's English Language Assessment provides an assessment and a statement:
to confirm whether an individual's approved English language test meets the required level of English language proficiency (CEFR level C1)
to confirm whether your degree has been taught in English and meets the required level of English language proficiency (CEFR level C1).

Example of an English Language Assessment.

Please note that UK NARIC is only able to assess against CEFR level C1 and the English Language Assessment will not provide information on CEFR levels that are lower or higher. UK NARIC will not be able to assess any tests, which are not included on the Home Office list of approved English language tests or provide an English language assessment of overseas degrees which are comparable to UK Master's and research degrees.
Kevin24 wrote:
viki83 wrote:Can anyone please confirm if a dependant has a degree taught in Engligh from some non-UK country and get English language equivalence from NARIC, would that be accepted as its better than going through the hassle of giving a test and costs about £50.

cs95tdg wrote:
NARIC will only compare your Qualifications from abroad, IS EQUIVALENT TO to what NQF level. To obtain ILR one has to pass the Life in the Uk Test/ESOL Qualification s.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:39 am

Yes vicki83 life in uk test is a compulsory requirement for ILR application. Naric can compare overseas qualification to uk qualification. Same LIUK results can also be used for naturalisation application.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:11 am

I am still confuse about this English requirement. I was on HSMP and now Tier 1
I did IELTS 4 year ago when applied for HSMP. Obviously the IELTS now expire. So do i still need to pass English test for settlement??

Can any one explian?

raat123
Newly Registered

Post by raat123 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:41 pm

Hi

i am a bit confused with how to prove the new requirements for english ..
My wife has

1. Entry Level Certificates in ESOL Skills for Life ( speaking & Listening )
entry 1.
2. Writing entry 1

the certificate has Ofqual stamp onit

is this enough or she needs to do Entry level 2 and 3

thanks in advance