ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on expiry date extended on passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MonkeyBusiness

ILR on expiry date extended on passport

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:47 pm

my passport expired last month,

applied for a new one about 3 months ago but the new passport delivery has been delayed because of technical problems and will take another month for delivery

so the High comission in UK has stamped and extended the expiry date on the passport

technicaly I think should be ok as the passport issuing authority has signed and stamped with the new expiry date

Has anyone applied on a extended passport before ?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: ILR on expiry date extended on passport

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:07 pm

MonkeyBusiness wrote:my passport expired last month,

applied for a new one about 3 months ago but the new passport delivery has been delayed because of technical problems and will take another month for delivery

so the High comission in UK has stamped and extended the expiry date on the passport

technicaly I think should be ok as the passport issuing authority has signed and stamped with the new expiry date

If the Passport has been stamped by the UK High Commission,and the Passport issuing Authority too has stamped and extended the validity date of the passport . Then it should be fine. Trust you have documents to proof that you have applied for the New Passport.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:35 pm

Let's wait for comments from, any one has applied for ILR on an Extended Passport.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:50 am

I think it will work and ILR is normally granted on BRP.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:44 am

Hello MoneyBusiness,

I am also in same situation. I have applied my passport in British High Commission at Kingthbrige in beginning of first week of Feb but due to printing problem/some other issues they told me not ready for collection in April. I need to submit my ILR application in few weeks time so worrying shall I wait for passport or renew it for another year.

MonkeyBusiness

Post by MonkeyBusiness » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:26 pm

I am applying at the end of this month, so if you are applying after me I will let you know

But I think as the passport is stamped and signed and I do have a proof that I have applied for a new one will be suffiecent for UKBA

valeed.naim2 wrote:

Hello MoneyBusiness,

I am also in same situation. I have applied my passport in British High Commission at Kingthbrige in beginning of first week of Feb but due to printing problem/some other issues they told me not ready for collection in April. I need to submit my ILR application in few weeks time so worrying shall I wait for passport or renew it for another year.