ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa query 18600

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mr khan

spouse visa query 18600

Post by mr khan » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:18 pm

can i have more than one job to sponsor my wife to make the 18600

st pauli

Post by st pauli » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Yes, if you have two jobs it changes the nature of the requirement. Then the requirement is that you have earned at least £18,600 gross, over the course of the last 12 months. Show as many payslips as you need, to evidence this.

Oh and I believe you must have been in at least one of the jobs for six months or more, at the time of application.

mr khan

Post by mr khan » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:00 pm

at the moment ive got one job and been working there for 10 months. If i get a 2nd job how many months do i have to wait before my wife can apply for the spouse visa.

st pauli

Post by st pauli » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:29 pm

mr khan wrote:at the moment ive got one job and been working there for 10 months. If i get a 2nd job how many months do i have to wait before my wife can apply for the spouse visa.
As many months as it takes, to get your total earnings over the last 12 months up to £18,600

Could be one, could be four. Depends entirely on how much you've already earned.

rikabi

Post by rikabi » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:23 pm

st pauli wrote:Yes, if you have two jobs it changes the nature of the requirement. Then the requirement is that you have earned at least £18,600 gross, over the course of the last 12 months. Show as many payslips as you need, to evidence this.

Oh and I believe you must have been in at least one of the jobs for six months or more, at the time of application.
Where did you get this information from? I just seen a immigration adviser (years of experience) who confirmed with a immigration solicitor over the telephone that you only need 6 months worth of statements/payslips. In my case I have 2 jobs am going to apply with in 1-2 weeks.

st pauli

Post by st pauli » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:33 pm

rikabi wrote:
st pauli wrote:Yes, if you have two jobs it changes the nature of the requirement. Then the requirement is that you have earned at least £18,600 gross, over the course of the last 12 months. Show as many payslips as you need, to evidence this.

Where did you get this information from? I just seen a immigration adviser who confirmed with a immigration solicitor over the telephone that you only need 6 months worth of statements/payslips. In my case I have 2 jobs am going to apply with 1-2 weeks.
You cannot apply under category A (requirement = last six months of consecutive payslips each showing at least £1550) with two jobs. That category is designed for one source of employment income only.

Category B, which relates to total income over the last 12 months prior to your date of application - happens to allow for two jobs.

The wording is ambiguous on the forms, but it's widely agreed that this is how it was intended and that using two jobs for Category A will not work.

Feel free to apply and test it, as I believe a few others did and we never definitively heard from them that they were rejected. But be aware that you may end up £900 or more out of pocket.

rikabi

Post by rikabi » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:51 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary - staff guidance have a look.

CAT A: With the current employer for 6 months or more

CAT B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable salary

B doesn't apply to me because I have worked at both employers for more than 6 months (7 months). No where in the staff guidance does it state you should apply for B if you have two jobs.

Why would it make a difference? If they designed the form poorly I don't think that should deter anyone from applying sooner. Anyway I got legal advise on the matter, so am going to take it.

Also :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... gname=null
If there is not enough space to write on the online form, please enter the most recent and relevant information in the allocated space. You should then add any further information, in writing, on the printout of your submitted form.

st pauli

Post by st pauli » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:47 pm

I'm not sure if we're allowed to link to other immigration forums, so I'll just quote what a well-regarded mod on one of them said on the issue without directly attributing:
The wording can be clearer, but what the UKBA means by Category A is someone who has one job working for one employer earning the required amount. If you have more than one jobs, or if there has been a change of employer if you only have one job, then only one employment counts during the past 6 months. This is to prevent someone getting a lot of casual jobs in a short space of time and making up the required minimum, without the prospect of continuing employment or steady income over the medium term.

If you look at form FLR(M), their intention is quite clear. Under salaried employment in section 7.3A, it only mentions one job title, one employment etc, and there is no scope for adding your second job, except under Category B. See (iv).

If you disgree, just apply under Category A and I'll be surprised if they don't turn down your application.
That said, I hope you are right and not him or me. I want the visas to be accessible to as many people as possible, as conveniently as possible. Either way do please let us know of your outcome on here.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:19 pm

B would be the quickest route because the OP's first job is 6+ months

However, my understanding was if for example, you had only started both jobs within a few days/weeks/months of each other you would need to have 6 months worth for BOTH jobs.

rikabi

Post by rikabi » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:25 am

st pauli wrote:I'm not sure if we're allowed to link to other immigration forums, so I'll just quote what a well-regarded mod on one of them said on the issue without directly attributing:
The wording can be clearer, but what the UKBA means by Category A is someone who has one job working for one employer earning the required amount. If you have more than one jobs, or if there has been a change of employer if you only have one job, then only one employment counts during the past 6 months. This is to prevent someone getting a lot of casual jobs in a short space of time and making up the required minimum, without the prospect of continuing employment or steady income over the medium term.

If you look at form FLR(M), their intention is quite clear. Under salaried employment in section 7.3A, it only mentions one job title, one employment etc, and there is no scope for adding your second job, except under Category B. See (iv).

If you disgree, just apply under Category A and I'll be surprised if they don't turn down your application.
That said, I hope you are right and not him or me. I want the visas to be accessible to as many people as possible, as conveniently as possible. Either way do please let us know of your outcome on here.
Hello I applied on 28/3

and got this email :
Your visa has been issued and will shortly be returned to our commercial partner. This does not mean that your documents are ready to collect: you must await confirmation of this, or follow the collection instructions you have already been given.
This means I have been accepted right?! :D

I wasn't aware they email this type of info

pak90
Newly Registered

Re: spouse visa query 18600

Post by pak90 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:39 pm

Hello everybody. I got married last month. I want to apply after february (once i get my 6 months payslips). However, i currently have two jobs ( 1 Full-Time & 1 Part-Time). I earn around £20-21,000 from my FT job and around £8K from my PT job. However, in my FT job i dont get paid holidays hence my income varies in different months such as £900 per month, £1800 pm, £2000 per month. But due to taking 1 month holiday my total income before tax from my full time job comes below 18,600 (based on 6 months). Hence, i want to use my PT job for 6 months and combine it with my FT job to help bring my income above 18,600. I have calculated that my income before tax comes up to nearly £23,000 (based on 6 months using 2 jobs).

HOWEVER, the most worrying bit is how do i show and explain this in application forms because it seems to only give me space for 1 job. I really want to speak to a solicitor or immigration adviser and just ask them how i can show this in the form so i do not get rejected. Also, i only graduated 6 months ago and before that i was still only PT hence i dont think showing 12 month payslips prior to application would help me much since i wasnt earning much during final year of studies.

Please can you help me and inform of what approach i shud take.

Regards

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:18 pm

Use the section at the end of the appendix 2 form for the details of the second job.

pak90
Newly Registered

Post by pak90 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:19 pm

Hi thanks for the reply. I spoke to an immigration advisor who told me that since my income varies then i need to show that i earn £18,600 in the past 12 month pay slips. hence, even tho before i graduated i was only a PT i have to still use those pay slips to show my 12 months income to be 18600. this means i will have to maybe wait another extra month and apply after receiving march or april pay slip.

Is the immigration adviser completely correct? or is it still possible if i combine my two jobs income based on 6 months?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:11 pm

Depends...

Are you paid a monthly salary or by the hours you actually work?
If you are paid a salary you will have to wait 6 months, if per hour then it would be an average over 6 months so varied income would be ok if you have still earned the equiv of 18600 in that time.

yoo
Newly Registered

Post by yoo » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:04 pm

i have two jobs both are more then 6 months and i am getting paid hourly so under which category should i apply?
please help.....thank you!!!!

suli

Post by suli » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:58 pm

Hello
can you apply in cat A if you have one wage but only adds up to 18600 with overtime.
For example you earn 17000 normally. But you earn 2000 overtime.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:18 pm

Yoo - you can apply with Cat A if you have earned equiv of 18,600 in 6 months
Suli - yes overtime can be counted

yoo
Newly Registered

Post by yoo » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:30 am

But the thing is if i apply under category A on other hand if u check visa application form there is only one space under category A , so i am bit confuse about it where should i mention my second job?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:45 pm

Photocopy the page and attach with 2nd job details or add to the end of the form where it asks if you want to include any further information.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:14 pm

How often are you paid?

If you are paid monthly then yes. If not, you need to work the average weekly amount first then add them together.

yoo
Newly Registered

Post by yoo » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:59 pm

First job i am getting paid 4 weekly and second job monthly.

pak90
Newly Registered

Post by pak90 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:24 pm

Hi There, i have calculated after 6 months i will get 8500 plus 3500 (from my part-time job) hence that will be 12,000 for the 6 months. so (12,000/6)*12 equals 24,000. So can i not apply after 6 months using two jobs combined??

Why did the immigration advisor tell me to show that u meet 18600 from 12 pay slips.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:14 pm

Yes you need 12 payslips - 6 months worth from both.

pak90
Newly Registered

Post by pak90 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:32 pm

Hi sohopeful, but both of my jobs i get paid hourly so its not a salary as such. hence that will mean i have to apply under non-salarified employment right?? hence dont i need to show 12 months payslips prior to date of application.
under financial requirements annex 2, it shows to apply under category B, my variable income from current employment should meet the financial requirement (ie my 2 jobs for me since i am employed by them) and also 12 months prior to the date of application for all employment that i had done.

thanks

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:15 am

There is more flexibility with non salaried income because you work out the average.
If you have earned the equivalent in 6 months then you can apply. Category B for non salaried income from what i have read is only if you have had different employers in the last 6 months before application.

I had a variable income weekly because I was employed through an agency and I still used Cat A. It makes no difference if you have 2 jobs.