ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Old Passport

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MattDell

Old Passport

Post by MattDell » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:29 pm

I can't find my old passport. On the application it asks if you've held another passport before and want the passport number.

I have no idea how to get this information. Would I get denied if I cannot supply that information?

gregshukla
United Kingdom

Re: Old Passport

Post by gregshukla » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:54 pm

MattDell wrote:I can't find my old passport. On the application it asks if you've held another passport before and want the passport number.

I have no idea how to get this information. Would I get denied if I cannot supply that information?
Usually your latest passport contains a reference to the old passport number ... See if you can find that and report the passport as lost to the police. On the visa form you can then say that the old passport is lost and enclose your police complaint certificate.

Its not an ideal scenario to have lost your passport, but I would strongly encourage you to be truthful on your visa application form.

k.madhav
Newly Registered

Re: Old Passport

Post by k.madhav » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:47 am

I also in this situation. I am going to apply a UK (Tire 2) visa in this month. In Part 3 of the application form it asks travel detils (covering the last 10 years) from the previous passports. But I lost my previous passport. Could you please mention what you actually did to resolve this situation?