ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse VISA Appeal HELP!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pandy84
Newly Registered

Spouse VISA Appeal HELP!

Post by Pandy84 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:55 pm

Hello All

Thank you for reading my post. At the moment I really have no choice other than to appeal.

We got our FLR (M) rejected due to my wife not having an english test from the list on the UKBA website.

We did submitt a certificate/qualificaton and

I found a document on the website from where my Wife got her qualification and certificate , which we supplied. it states-

"The table below shows what you should know at each level and what the equivalent IELTS score would be. In the last column you will see how our English levels correspond to the Common European Framework (CEF) for languages"

from that table it shows that her level corresponds to the Common European Framework (CEF) for languages" that UKBA use, and that her certificate corresponds to a EU Level B2 and IELTS 5.0-6.0 score/level

this actutually surpasses the minimum A1 requirement by a long shot.

Do you think that will carry some weight in the appeal?

Many thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:54 pm

You say you have no choice other than to appeal, but that would be waste of time if an appeal has no merit. From what you have said your appeal has no merit. It has to be a test from one of the providers on the approved list. There are, indeed, many English tests that match or better the standards of those on the approved list, but that does not mean those tests are accepted by the UKBA.