ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility for BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chosenaik

Eligibility for BC

Post by chosenaik » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:39 pm

Hello,

I will get my BC in Jul thus year (I arrived in the UK in Jul 2007). My spouse got the ILR in April this year. Her arrival date is May 2011.

My question is that after I get BC can my wife apply right away (in Jul this year once I get my BC) or does she need to wait till May 2014 to satisfy the rule that she was physically in the UK 3 years ago?.

Thank you very much.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Eligibility for BC

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:43 pm

chosenaik wrote:Hello,

I will get my BC in Jul thus year (I arrived in the UK in Jul 2007). My spouse got the ILR in April this year. Her arrival date is May 2011.

My question is that after I get BC can my wife apply right away (in Jul this year once I get my BC) or does she need to wait till May 2014 to satisfy the rule that she was physically in the UK 3 years ago?.

Thank you very much.
Yes she needs to have been physically present in UK 3 years before her application and meeting the residency requirement and other general spousal requirements here
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

chosenaik

Aug 30 NCS Application - anyone else still waiting

Post by chosenaik » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:58 am

Hello,

I applied via Leiwsham NCS on Aug 30. Anyone esle stillw aiting from Aug application? Although my application was received by UKBA in September as Aug 30 was a Friday.

Thank you.

johnj1

Post by johnj1 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:46 pm

Hi,
I submitted my Naturalisation form via NCS Lewisham also, and I did track it which showed it has been delivered. Judging from the time line of peoples that submitted their forms around your time, they have al received response from Home Office concerning their applications, I suggest you e-mail them or call, seems it's getting late. Best of luck

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:51 am

Hi Jihn j1, have you had a response yet? I still have not heard anything.

I too had received my confirmnation a week and a half after applying. I dont think theres any use in contacting UKBA...per previous posts by others that UKBA just give standard answer.

chosenaik

Email response from UKBA

Post by chosenaik » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:29 am

I wrote to UKBA to ask about my application which was received and money debited on 7th September. The e-mail said that a decision has been made and I will receive it in 2 week and that they can not tell me what it is.

Has anybody else received such a response? Is this standard response or should I be worried?

Thank you for time and attention!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:36 am

Standard response.

chosenaik

When can my wife apply for Naturalisation / Citizenship

Post by chosenaik » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:13 pm

Hello, my wife arrived in UK on 1 May 2011, She received her ILR on 5th April 2013. When is the earliest we can apply for her citizenship? We will be applying via the local council (I thinks its called NCS service).

Thank you very much.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Eligibility for BC

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:35 pm

Amber_ wrote:
chosenaik wrote:Hello,

Thank you very much.
Yes she needs to have been physically present in UK 3 years before her application and meeting the residency requirement and other general spousal requirements here
I believe Amber already answered your question last year when you asked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.