ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Codes of Practice SOC 2000- Administration- URGENT

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rituyadav
Newly Registered

Codes of Practice SOC 2000- Administration- URGENT

Post by Rituyadav » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:48 pm

Hello,

Does anyone have a copy of Codes of Practice SOC 2000 (Administartion) pdf ( with the Salary figures) which was on UKBA website earlier on and has been unfortunately now replaced with the new Codes of Practice SOC 2010.

I need it for my appeal urgently, so if anybody has this or any links where I can find the Salary figures for jobs according to the SOC 2000, could you plesae send it to me asap.

Many thanks in advance.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:00 pm

catchhster

Tier 2 visa wrong SOC code

Post by catchhster » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:38 am

Hi I wonder you can help

In the old soccode 2000 as mention in the PDF above my friends soc code is 1136 and his role title mention in cos is Head of IT ( telecoms company)

Not his title does not match any mention in the 1136 roles and his salary is 24000 he already made his application and given biometrics. is this wrong what is going to happen?how do they match his role?

he is switching from psw and applied around feb 2013

please help and suggest what could be done
Sivakumar

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:37 pm

has your friend's PSW leave already expired or is it still valid?

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:43 pm

Hi it is expired now
Sivakumar

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:11 pm

If there is a mismatch between your friend's SOC code and salary his application will be refused.

If the employer is willing to assign a new CoS to him with matching SOC (2010) code and salary then he can re-apply.

If no decision has been made on his application yet he can vary it with the new application and can continue working.

If the decision has already been made he will get a refusal letter and can re-apply within 28 days of the refusal but will not be able to continue working. Alternatively, he can appeal if there are grounds for an appeal.

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:17 pm

Great manci I hope he will be able to sort it out ..

Thanks very much for the reply.
Sivakumar

elaya555
Newly Registered

pls help me

Post by elaya555 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:13 pm

manci wrote:If there is a mismatch between your friend's SOC code and salary his application will be refused.

If the employer is willing to assign a new CoS to him with matching SOC (2010) code and salary then he can re-apply.

If no decision has been made on his application yet he can vary it with the new application and can continue working.

If the decision has already been made he will get a refusal letter and can re-apply within 28 days of the refusal but will not be able to continue working. Alternatively, he can appeal if there are grounds for an appeal.
Hello,

Date of initial application : 12th Feb 2013
Date of Leave to Remain (PSW) : 14th Feb 2013
Date of Refusal Letter : 23rd March 2013
Date of Appeal : 8th April 2013

I made an in-time appeal and now I am planning to make a fresh application but i am not quite sure whether i can do that as i am ran out of that 28 days from the time of my refusal.

some solicitors advised me that i CAN able to submit a fresh application as i made in-time appeal and therefore the 28 days grace time will start only the day when i withdraw an appeal.

please tell me whether its correct or not? thank you in advance

pls Manci or anyone reply waiting for your answers....

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:40 pm

@ elaya555 your solicitors are right as you appealed within 28 days...

Why did you application refused?

Why do you want to withdraw your appeal ?
Sivakumar

elaya555
Newly Registered

Post by elaya555 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:59 pm

catchhster wrote:@ elaya555 your solicitors are right as you appealed within 28 days...

Why did you application refused?

Why do you want to withdraw your appeal ?
@catchhster... my app was refused on the frounds of inappr salary ...

i want to make a fresh app now so thats y i need to withdraw

manci
Respected Guru

Re: pls help me

Post by manci » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:56 am

elaya555 wrote:
manci wrote:If there is a mismatch between your friend's SOC code and salary his application will be refused.

Hello,

I made an in-time appeal and now I am planning to make a fresh application but i am not quite sure whether i can do that as i am ran out of that 28 days from the time of my refusal.

some solicitors advised me that i CAN able to submit a fresh application as i made in-time appeal and therefore the 28 days grace time will start only the day when i withdraw an appeal.

you can only make a fresh application if you withdraw the appeal. You can do the two things at the same time.

elaya555
Newly Registered

Re: pls help me

Post by elaya555 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:57 pm

manci wrote:
elaya555 wrote:

Hello,

you can only make a fresh application if you withdraw the appeal. You can do the two things at the same time.
Thank you Manci ....

hope its "cannot " right?
you can only make a fresh application if you withdraw the appeal. You cannot do the two things at the same time...

so i can able to make a fresh app if i withdraw my appeal, correct? But is there any implications by doing this? is this based on the caseworker decision or its by law?

why am i asking many questions is I am spending lot of money to my solicitor so if its wrongs then i will lose everything?

catchhster

Post by catchhster » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:29 pm

YES it is CANNOT

You must withdraw your appeal and make a fresh application.

BUT I am not sure if it 28 days or X days after you withdraw your appeal.

can any one confirm this?
Sivakumar

Rituyadav
Newly Registered

Post by Rituyadav » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:00 pm

Thank you manci for the links.

Rituyadav
Newly Registered

Post by Rituyadav » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:16 am

Hello Manci,

My application was rejected recently, saying that the job type my employer chose was not of NVQ6 and was of NVQ4. However I have got the points for salary. My job description includes more tasks of a NVQ6 than NVQ4. But because we are a small company My ceo chose the job type which was closer to the job title and not the job role as she was worried about the salary. Also in the old Codes of practice it doesnt clearly mention that job of a Office manager is of NVQ4.

I have appealed yesterday.
1. Can you please advise me on my situation
2. How long does it take for the appeal decision at the moment. If I have applied now when will the hearing will be?

Many thanks