ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Benefits

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abc111
BANNED

Child Benefits

Post by abc111 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:49 pm

Hi,

My ILR is due in June 2013 (Tier 1 G with first year on out country work permit).

I claimed child benefits from September 2012 to January 2012 (without appreciating the visa restrictions) called HMRC in February and asked them to stop it and send me a letter for payback of claimed amount. They sent me a form to fill out where I filled out about my immigration and visa status.

I sent the form back last week and called them today for update. They told me that it would take them 'some time' to look into the case and two things could happen they ask me to repay all amount or just write it off.

I noted all the details of the case worker and wondering:

When I filled out the SET O form just say NO to question asking if I am claiming it!! and explain that the case in under considerations within cover letter!!

Please advise.

BTW I have checked with them and they told that I can not settle this in job centre!

Thanks.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Child Benefits

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:59 pm

abc111 wrote:Hi,

My ILR is due in June 2013 (Tier 1 G with first year on out country work permit).

I claimed child benefits from September 2012 to January 2012 (without appreciating the visa restrictions) called HMRC in February and asked them to stop it and send me a letter for payback of claimed amount. They sent me a form to fill out where I filled out about my immigration and visa status.

I sent the form back last week and called them today for update. They told me that it would take them 'some time' to look into the case and two things could happen they ask me to repay all amount or just write it off.

When I filled out the SET O form just say NO to question asking if I am claiming it!! and explain that the case in under considerations within cover letter!!

Please advise.

BTW I have checked with them and they told that I can not settle this in job centre!

Thanks.
You have to settle this with HMRC not with the Job Centre. If you have all the documents to proove that you have made an effort to settler the amounts claimed, Nothing to worry. But you cannot lie on the SET O form. You must say that you claimed. Nothing is lost being truthful and honest. CW might respect you for that. This is my IMHO. Let's see what others have to say.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Child Benefits

Post by Amber » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:03 pm

abc111 wrote:Hi,

Please advise.

Thanks.
As it is a material fact it must be disclosed. You may tick no to the current claim question but must include that you have claimed. You claimed public funds when you were not allowed you may face refusal but only an application will tell. If you have stopped the claim and are willing to pay the claimed benefit back that will only go in your favour.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:06 pm

Is there a valid reason that you waited 2 months before your ILR to settle these amounts claimed? You have claimed up to January 2013. If the CW asks you at a PEO appointment ,you should be able to explain.

abc111
BANNED

Post by abc111 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:23 pm

Kevin24 wrote:Is there a valid reason that you waited 2 months before your ILR to settle these amounts claimed? You have claimed up to January 2013. If the CW asks you at a PEO appointment ,you should be able to explain.
I realised this in January/ Feb time and started talking with HMRC straight awayand its just intrinsic lengthy process taking this time!!!HMRC caseworker appreciated today and said I was doing the right thing. I do not intend to hide it or something but will explain it honestly!! HMRC said that I should explain the sitution in my SET O form as they can not promise to expidite the process?!!

Please advise!!!

Thanks.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:52 pm

abc111 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:Is there a valid reason that you waited 2 months before your ILR to settle these amounts claimed? You have claimed up to January 2013. If the CW asks you at a PEO appointment ,you should be able to explain.
I realised this in January/ Feb time and started talking with HMRC straight awayand its just intrinsic lengthy process taking this time!!!HMRC caseworker appreciated today and said I was doing the right thing. I do not intend to hide it or something but will explain it honestly!! HMRC said that I should explain the sitution in my SET O form as they can not promise to expidite the process?!!

Please advise!!!

Thanks.
That's why I mentioned earlier. You need written evidence that you have made an effort to settle this amount you have claimed.You have to do some thing in writing to HMRC. CW is not going to accept that you had a phone conversation with HMRC.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:03 pm

Please also read a Post on the same subject on this page,for more information and action.

abc111
BANNED

Post by abc111 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:15 am

Kevin24 wrote:Please also read a Post on the same subject on this page,for more information and action.
I have spoken with Child benefits office multiple times now and they are saying that they can not advise on the time scales but they appreciate my efforts to solve this issue. They also said that I could provide case workers (I spoke to) details to HO if they wish to contact them about this matter.

I have also sent Child Benefits a letter with recorded delivery requesting them to expediate the process and now I have the proof that letter have been received.

Now should I wait for the outcome before applying ILR or can use the evidences to prove that it was a mistake and its being sorted out!!!

Please reply so I could start preparing for my application!

Many thanks.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:42 pm

abc111 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:Please also read a Post on the same subject on this page,for more information and action.
I have spoken with Child benefits office multiple times now and they are saying that they can not advise on the time scales but they appreciate my efforts to solve this issue. They also said that I could provide case workers (I spoke to) details to HO if they wish to contact them about this matter.

I have also sent Child Benefits a letter with recorded delivery requesting them to expediate the process and now I have the proof that letter have been received.

Now should I wait for the outcome before applying ILR or can use the evidences to prove that it was a mistake and its being sorted out!!!

Many thanks.
You have done your part. You cannot do any thing more until CW ar HMRC responds to your letter. Hopefully they should do it as soon as possible.

abc111
BANNED

Post by abc111 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:40 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
abc111 wrote:

Many thanks.
You have done your part. You cannot do any thing more until CW ar HMRC responds to your letter. Hopefully they should do it as soon as possible.
Thanks for reply, appreciated.

Should I submit my application and include the state of the affairs?!!! Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:16 pm

abc111 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
abc111 wrote:

Many thanks.

Should I submit my application and include the state of the affairs?!!! Any suggestions?

Thanks.
By which date you have to apply for your ILR? Please give your Immigration History.

abc111
BANNED

Post by abc111 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:58 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
abc111 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
abc111 wrote:

Many thanks.

Thanks.
By which date you have to apply for your ILR? Please give your Immigration History.
Thanks Kevin.

History:
Out of country work permit: EC date 01/07/2008
Entered UK: 08/08/2008
Switched to in-county Tier 1 G: 01/07/2009
Extended: January/2012
Visa until: January 2014.

But I would like to apply in June (i.e. 28 days before my first EC date) it should be 03/06/2013!

Please advise. Thanks.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:01 pm

abc111 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
abc111 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:

Thanks.
Thanks Kevin.

History:

But I would like to apply in June (i.e. 28 days before my first EC date) it should be 03/06/2013!

Please advise. Thanks.
You have claimed 5 months of Child Credit. If you know the amount why don't you send a cheque to HMRC. Do every thing in writing.Before that,speak to them. Get confirmation.Are you planning to do a postal ILR application?

Highly_Skilled

Post by Highly_Skilled » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:19 pm

abc111 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
abc111 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:

Thanks.
Thanks Kevin.

History:

Please advise. Thanks.
This is what I don't understand with people in general not specifically yourself.

Your previous Tier 1 visas clearly said on the vignette and Biometric Card

No Recourse To Public Funds

What makes people think they can claim child benefit?

Admittedly HMRC are partly to blame for not checking peoples entitlement in the first place.

abc111
BANNED

Post by abc111 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:09 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
abc111 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
abc111 wrote:

Thanks.
Thanks Kevin.

History:

Please advise. Thanks.
You have claimed 5 months of Child Credit. If you know the amount why don't you send a cheque to HMRC. Do every thing in writing.Before that,speak to them. Get confirmation.Are you planning to do a postal ILR application?
Thanks Kevin. I will do exactly as advised. HMRC were saying that worst outcome of my case would be that I will have to pay everything claimed. They are investigating as when I filled out the form I disclosed everything right, anyways.

I then can apply straight away once the things have straightened up!!!

I will be applying using PEO appointment!!! Thinking about Solihull as they tell you outcome before they charge you!!!

Thanks.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 pm

abc111 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
abc111 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
Thanks Kevin.

History:

Please advise. Thanks.
Thanks Kevin. I will do exactly as advised. HMRC were saying that worst outcome of my case would be that I will have to pay everything claimed. They are investigating as when I filled out the form I disclosed everything right, anyways.

I will be applying using PEO appointment!!! Thinking about Solihull as they tell you outcome before they charge you!!!

Thanks.
I am not sure whether Solihull take the Payment after your Interview ,from 06/04. Keep us updated as to what's happening with HMRC.

abc111
BANNED

Post by abc111 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:19 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
abc111 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
abc111 wrote:
Thanks Kevin.

History:

Please advise. Thanks.

Thanks.
I am not sure whether Solihull take the Payment after your Interview ,from 06/04. Keep us updated as to what's happening with HMRC.

I have spoken with HMRC and they say that they will get it sorted within 5 weeks and i can payback the amount claimed. Hopefulliy it will all go Ok.

Thanks.

samrobert
Newly Registered

Post by samrobert » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:24 pm

hi abc111,

I am on the same boat as you..as per my case they asked me to send my passport and visa copy which i have already send them..my question to u is did they ask u the same and in ur previous post u were talking about some form..which form is that..my ILR is next week..i dont know what to do..

abc111
BANNED

Post by abc111 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:34 am

samrobert wrote:hi abc111,

I am on the same boat as you..as per my case they asked me to send my passport and visa copy which i have already send them..my question to u is did they ask u the same and in ur previous post u were talking about some form..which form is that..my ILR is next week..i dont know what to do..
I spoke to them and told them that I will reliquish the amount I claimed and they asked me to ignore everything they sent about deciding the case as they will send me a new form to take the payment out of me.

As to your question I am not sure, let's see what gurus have to say!!

Thanks.

abc111
BANNED

Post by abc111 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:31 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
abc111 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
abc111 wrote:
Thanks Kevin.

History:

Please advise. Thanks.

Thanks.
I have seem to have it sorted with HMRC (!!), spoke to them about paying back the amount claimed and they have sent a letter with deposit arrangements. I will pay it back immediately and hopefully it will be all clear!!! Thanks.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:05 pm

abc111 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
abc111 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:

Thanks.
I have seem to have it sorted with HMRC (!!), spoke to them about paying back the amount claimed and they have sent a letter with deposit arrangements. I will pay it back immediately and hopefully it will be all clear!!! Thanks.
That's Great news. This why I advised you to get written confirmation from HMRC.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

abc111
BANNED

Post by abc111 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:47 am

Just spoken with Immigration Citizen Bureau and they said its going to be on discretion of caseworker to see what they want to do. They might make further enquiries.

It sounds tha even I have paid everything and got confirmation from HMRC I am in trouble!!!!