ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 month gone,, no 4eufam yet,,,

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Diomond

6 month gone,, no 4eufam yet,,,

Post by Diomond » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:53 pm

hello all, my friend applied for 4eu fam , and 6 month gone now ,no letter recieved yet, temporary stamp expired, Any ideas how long more??????

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 pm

Sorry to hear that. It is not uncommon as they always send the letter at the last minute (often the day before or on the day the Stamp 4 expires).

When did it expire?

If it just expired today or on the weekend, the letter is probably on the way and will arrive this week (this is the most likely case).

If it expired before the middle of last week, then it is starting to be a bit long and maybe there is something strange (but not normal as they normally have to reply ... So it could only be a lost letter or an issue with their system and shouldn't be a delay in the processing).

In any case, regardless of the outcome they are legally OBLIGED to reply within 6 months, so your friend won't have to wait much longer anymore.

What I would do is:
1) email them to ask for an update (make it clear in the email that the stamp 4 has expired)
2) if no reply to email and no letter after 2 days, contact solvit and ask for help (which they should provide as the government would be in illegal territory not to answer after 6 months)

But I think you won't need to resort to this ... If they have been keeping your friend waiting for 6 months without asking for farther documentation, the approval is probably on he way (I am pretty sure they are not allowed to send a refusal without having given people a chance to submit additional documents). So tell your friend not to panic ;-)

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:45 pm

Thanks a lot jeupsy.....stamp 4 is expiring today , he emailed them 10 days ago and they said a decision is due by 22/04/13, he e mailed again today but no reply.. Lets see tomorow,,,hopefully its own its way....

paddy12
Newly Registered

Post by paddy12 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:10 pm

Diomond wrote:Thanks a lot jeupsy.....stamp 4 is expiring today , he emailed them 10 days ago and they said a decision is due by 22/04/13, he e mailed again today but no reply.. Lets see tomorow,,,hopefully its own its way....
dnt worry my friend... i know few people who were in the same position as you but all of them got their residency after 1-2 week after expiring the first 6 month stamp.. just send them another reminder today and im quiet sure within next week you will have your residency ... goodluck

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:04 pm

Complain.

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:10 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Complain.
to who?? and who would listen..for me its just a waste of time to complain, Hundreds of people complained about many things,how many complained about UK ,but what happened, nothing...........i think the best option is to wait

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:50 pm

Certainly, by not complaining nothing will change.

Posting here won't help expedite matters. What does it cost to complain?

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:08 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Certainly, by not complaining nothing will change.

Posting here won't help expedite matters. What does it cost to complain?
The reason to post here is to know people's experience and try to know that if my situation is normal or its unusual .
Any way thanks for your reply and for your suggestion.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:34 pm

No worries.
Yes I am not sure complaining will change much. It was the exact same thing when my partner got her Stamp 4 EUFAM and she was forced out of work for 2 days. I sent a few emails 2 weeks before, 1 week before, and on the day it expired. The also just answered that a decision is due on X date and don't bother. It is a bit stupid as everyone must get worried and send them emails, but the don't seem to bother. But as long as they make the decision on the day, I think they are technically not illegal because even though you don't have the letter they have actually already decided on your situation.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:56 pm

Complaining does make a difference. Apathy does not.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:35 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Complaining does make a difference. Apathy does not.
As I said, as this is a fairly stressful process and they always wait until the very last minute, they probably get worried or angry emails from every single applicant (they got some from me anyway). And in spite of this, thing have been the same for a while. As a matter of fact I think there is not way it will change as I am pretty convinced that the applications could be processed faster, but they do wait for the full 6 months on purpose as given the fairly lenient conditions offered by EUTR compared to national law, it is their only way to "test" the validity relationship between the 2 people.

Also, beyond sending inquiry emails around the time the deadline expires, what else can you do since they always seem to make the decision pretty much one time? (hence at the very last minute, which causes some stress as the letter arrives a bit late and after the Stamps 4 has expired - but even if you haven't received the later in practice your permission to remain is already granted so they are not acting illegally)
You can send an angry email to complain on the day after the deadline - and they will just reply that the letter is already on your way.

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:00 pm

Thanks jeupsy, they replied him yesterday and said a decision will be made today and then will be sent to you by registered post. But didnt reach to him yet, lets say if they make a decision on the last day, and send by registered post when it should reach to him? should be the next day? but thts not the case ,i think they make the decision and keep it with them till the recieve an angry email ,,and then they send it with the old date,,, wht u say about it?????

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:51 am

If your friend lives in Dublin, he will probably get the letter today, and otherwise tomorrow.

And yes, it is just my impression based on what I and other people have experienced, but I personally think the decision on his case had been made some time ago and they were just waiting for the deadline to issue the letter.

(Or if not the case they are obviously badly organised and don't review applications properly as they have to rush in all of them on the last day)

Diomond

Post by Diomond » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:14 am

yes jeupsy, decision was made two days ago and even today he didnt recieve his letter, registered post takes one day to come , must be they holding it ...???

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:01 pm

I don't think they would hold the letter, they probably posted it yesterday and there might have been a one day dalay. Hopefully hr will hopefully get it tomorrow ;-) (and if not he can email them again, now that the 6 months are passed they can't just provide vague answers anymore: either they have sent the letter and if it got lost they can issue another one, or if not issued they are acting illegally and have to do so immediately - but I doubt they would put themselves in this situation)

All the best anyway! (it should be fine ;-))

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:55 pm

Complaints will make a difference. Ireland should not be taking 6 months to issue residence cards as a matter of routine. There are many avenues of complaint available to people. Ignoring matters will not lead to an improvement.