ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Request of documents while the application is decided

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ih2013
Newly Registered

Request of documents while the application is decided

Post by ih2013 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:54 pm

Description of Works:
Is anyone able to comment on the below:
Will the application be invalidated should I ask for the passport back while the application is in process? As far as I read the request isn't recommended. On another had they also say that 'only the document holder can request the document back, unless it is a withdrawal of an application in which case the main application should make the request. I am after my son's passport as we have a trip end of May that we need to take. My son is only 11 years old, he isn't in a position to ask for his passport. Am I to understand that if I ask for it is going to be considered withdrawn?

Upon receipt of the acknowledgement letter I have tried to ring them on the number provided, but unfortunately there isn't possible to speak to an advisory, there is always reference to a website. I am not quite sure why the number is in the letter.

Your swift reply it is mostly appreciated.

Best regards,

IH

barnaby

Re: Request of documents while the application is decided

Post by barnaby » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:02 pm

ih2013 wrote:Will the application be invalidated should I ask for the passport back while the application is in process? As far as I read the request isn't recommended. On another had they also say that 'only the document holder can request the document back, unless it is a withdrawal of an application in which case the main application should make the request. I am after my son's passport as we have a trip end of May that we need to take. My son is only 11 years old, he isn't in a position to ask for his passport. Am I to understand that if I ask for it is going to be considered withdrawn?

Upon receipt of the acknowledgement letter I have tried to ring them on the number provided, but unfortunately there isn't possible to speak to an advisory, there is always reference to a website. I am not quite sure why the number is in the letter.
My wife asked for our documents to be returned, 4 months after applying for naturalization. In those days, it was possible to do that by phone. The HO person asked to speak to me to confirm the return of my passport.

It didn't affect my wife's application, although she did have to wait 8 months in total.

In your case, you can probably request the return of your son's passport.

ih2013
Newly Registered

Post by ih2013 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:48 pm

barnaby wrote:
ih2013 wrote:Will the application be invalidated should I ask for the passport back while the application is in process? As far as I read the request isn't recommended. On another had they also say that 'only the document holder can request the document back, unless it is a withdrawal of an application in which case the main application should make the request. I am after my son's passport as we have a trip end of May that we need to take. My son is only 11 years old, he isn't in a position to ask for his passport. Am I to understand that if I ask for it is going to be considered withdrawn?

My wife asked for our documents to be returned, 4 months after applying for naturalization. In those days, it was possible to do that by phone. The HO person asked to speak to me to confirm the return of my passport.

It didn't affect my wife's application, although she did have to wait 8 months in total.

In your case, you can probably request the return of your son's passport.
Thank you for your response.

Apparently it take 20days to get the documet/s back, therefore I need to hurry. Unfortunately I have only found out about this forum today. It seems quite helpful however I did not seem to be able to find a contact number for UKBA.

BEST regards,
IH

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:37 pm

ih2013 wrote:Apparently it take 20days to get the documet/s back, therefore I need to hurry. Unfortunately I have only found out about this forum today. It seems quite helpful however I did not seem to be able to find a contact number for UKBA.
20 days is a conservative estimate! They also told us to wait 20 days but the documents arrived within 3 days.

However, there is no phone facility these days; you need to email instead.

ih2013
Newly Registered

Post by ih2013 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:51 pm

barnaby wrote:
ih2013 wrote:Apparently it take 20days to get the documet/s back, therefore I need to hurry. Unfortunately I have only found out about this forum today. It seems quite helpful however I did not seem to be able to find a contact number for UKBA.
20 days is a conservative estimate! They also told us to wait 20 days but the documents arrived within 3 days.

However, there is no phone facility these days; you need to email instead.
The travel is end of May nonetheless in order to comply with the 20day request I need to email now. My only concern is not to invalidate de application (to be considered us withdrawn) if I request the passport. Not many applicants seem to have this issue.

Thank you very much.

IH

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:11 am

ih2013 wrote:My only concern is not to invalidate de application (to be considered us withdrawn) if I request the passport. Not many applicants seem to have this issue.
There is no need to worry about that. I haven't read anything (except on this forum) that says you can't get documents back without withdrawing the application!

ih2013
Newly Registered

Post by ih2013 » Thu May 16, 2013 9:01 am

barnaby wrote:
ih2013 wrote:My only concern is not to invalidate de application (to be considered us withdrawn) if I request the passport. Not many applicants seem to have this issue.
There is no need to worry about that. I haven't read anything (except on this forum) that says you can't get documents back without withdrawing the application!
Thank you for the information given.

Sent the request on Tuesday and the passports arrived same week on Thursday.