ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Spouse Visa Appeal refused

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nettan
Newly Registered

Irish Spouse Visa Appeal refused

Post by nettan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi All, My wife's visa appeal was refused today for the following reasons
1. Relationship History and Status
2. ID
3 Insufficient financial documentations

These issues were all addressed in the appeal that was submitted on 11/04/2013. Many evidences of relationship like pictures, email, visit stamps(3 different occasions spanning over 4 years before the wedding), letter of employment and 6 months bank statement with balance over €1000. Copy of Irish passport and many more identification documents.

Kindly advise on what next to do..We gave more than enough evidences while appealling against the issues raised in the initial refusal. Only one of the initial reasons was excluded this time (Evidence of communication after wedding and evidence of financial support from me to her)

Please if you know of a good immigration lawyer kindly recommend one. We have waited for over 10 months altogether. The situation is desperate.

Many thanks.

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Irish Spouse Visa Appeal refused

Post by euspouse07 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:56 pm

very surprised.I know someone who is in process of making application even he is not in possession of Irish citizenship(stamp 4 holder).I would suggest you to check with immigrant council of ireland before u make move to check with solicitor.I thought all they need is evidence of relationship and required threshold.

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:03 pm

nettan wrote:Hi All, My wife's visa appeal was refused today for the following reasons
2. ID

These issues were all addressed in the appeal that was submitted on 11/04/2013. Many evidences of relationship like pictures, email, visit stamps(3 different occasions spanning over 4 years before the wedding), letter of employment and 6 months bank statement with balance over €1000. Copy of Irish passport and many more identification documents.

Kindly advise on what next to do..We gave more than enough evidences while appealling against the issues raised in the initial refusal. Only one of the initial reasons was excluded this time (Evidence of communication after wedding and evidence of financial support from me to her)

Please if you know of a good immigration lawyer kindly recommend one. We have waited for over 10 months altogether. The situation is desperate.

Many thanks.
so Sorry to hear that man , just keep fighting for your rights , keep fighting for your wife , this is an absolute injustice .. do not lose hope and keep trying .. i have sent you a PM regarding what to do next ... good Luck man with everything .

courny

Post by courny » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:53 pm

nettan wrote:Hi All, My wife's visa appeal was refused today for the following reasons
2. ID

Many thanks.
what did they mean by ID?
did you submit printed pictures or digital images?
ill be applying for my wife in a few weeks aswell.
I am not irish yet but i was advised by someone to wait till i get citizenship and then apply.
i sat down and made a comprehensive list. PM me and we could discuss it and help each other?

courny

Post by courny » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:03 pm

nettan wrote:. We have waited for over 10 months altogether. The situation is desperate.
10 months for the initial decision?

nettan
Newly Registered

Post by nettan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:24 pm

courny wrote:
nettan wrote:. We have waited for over 10 months altogether. The situation is desperate.
initial decision took 6 months..We got a negative decision a week after i recalled my wife's passport in protest. I would suggest you speak to a lawyer before applying..The whole thing sucks

courny

Post by courny » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:30 pm

nettan wrote:
courny wrote:
initial decision took 6 months..We got a negative decision a week after i recalled my wife's passport in protest. I would suggest you speak to a lawyer before applying..The whole thing sucks

nettan
Newly Registered

Post by nettan » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:12 am

courny wrote:
nettan wrote:
courny wrote:
I submitted printed pictures.. The term ID is vague. they did not specify what it means in the refusal letter but only made reference to their website for documentation requirements for Irish spouse visa application

courny

Post by courny » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:18 pm

i read on the immigrant council recommendations that digital pictures are better as they show the time stamp for the pictures taken. especially to prove relationship existed before marriage.

the website does not give the complete list. ull have to combine the required documents list from the website, embassy recommendations and have a good look through all the refusal. there is a general pattern.
ive spent days looking through it and you can easily pick out which ones are spouse visa refusal.
honestly i added atleast 5 or 6 more documents

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:05 pm

Nettan,

sorry to hear this. I am suprise they've refused. How long did it take before they refused the Appeal !!?

You should have appealed with a lawyer though. That is the best way to go.

Go talk to a lawyer and see what he/she says. You could also see your local TD.

Good luck,
Nanette

2. ID

Many thanks.

atkin
Newly Registered

Post by atkin » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:53 pm

Hi,
You do not give your wife's nationality .Where were you married, is the marriage recognised in Ireland. The amount of 1000 euro in the bank account is low . When you apply eg for a study visa for a non eu the required amount in the bank account should be minimum 7000 euro. I think if they wanted to pick on something it should have been this . Not the vague reasons given.
The Irish embassy in the Philippines no longer accepts phone records or e mails as proof of a relationship.

I am of the opinion that it is easier to get married or have a civil partnership in the UK. This is recognised in Ireland . In the application it is clear that you do not intend to stay in the UK after the marriage. Then apply from outside the country for a visa to come to Ireland .
Your case however shows even with a marriage its difficult. I suggest the local TD . I find solicitors in these cases have no magic formula.
Never take the advice from just one official be it immigration or any government dept. There are those that 'make it up as they go along'
A positive decision could have been given by another official luck really !!
I would say realistically a relationship should be tested 2 years is reasonable .Experience .

GB1
Newly Registered

Post by GB1 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:45 am

I was refused for Ireland Visit visa in 2012. I am planing to use that Suringh Sign Rouse,will the previous refusal affect my application in anyway? please could someone help? Thank you guys

atkin
Newly Registered

Post by atkin » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:56 am

I applied to the UK for a Civil Partnership visa for a filipino national and this was also refused. I spoke to a lawyer after and she told me that they would not grant a visa as both of us are not living in the UK.

I will try again next year to apply for a tourist visa for my friend to come to Ireland.