ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for premium service without passport?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kool82
Newly Registered

Can I apply for premium service without passport?

Post by kool82 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:18 pm

Hi guys,

I have applied for my daughter's dependant visa in July 2012 and its still under consideration.

My ILR is due now and I requested UKBA to return my passport on 04th March.

Its been 1 and a half month now and I didnt receive my passport back despite of sending 4 requests.

I had to cancel my 15 April appoinment and now its booked for 30th April.

Can I apply for premium service without passport ? So they might take less time for decision rather than taking 7-8 months.

Thanks & regards

S.

kool82
Newly Registered

Post by kool82 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:26 pm

No one answered my query :-(

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Can I apply for premium service without passport?

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:13 pm

kool82 wrote:Hi guys,

I have applied for my daughter's dependant visa in July 2012 and its still under consideration.

My ILR is due now and I requested UKBA to return my passport on 04th March.

Its been 1 and a half month now and I didnt receive my passport back despite of sending 4 requests.

I had to cancel my 15 April appoinment and now its booked for 30th April.

Can I apply for premium service without passport ? So they might take less time for decision rather than taking 7-8 months.

Thanks & regards

S.
If you have a look at the SET O form,it specifically requests for your Passport or a Travel Document, when applying for ILR in Person or By Post.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

kool82
Newly Registered

Post by kool82 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:06 pm

Thanks Kevin

But my passport is with UKBA and its been nearly 2 months when I requested to return my passport. They didnt return my passport despite of sending 4 more requests and MP's letter.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:35 pm

Normally if the passport is already with UKBA then postal applicant normally can apply with a covering letter explaining the situation. But about premium service no idea that will it work too?
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

kool82
Newly Registered

Post by kool82 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:53 pm

Thanks Sheraz

If I apply for postal application then again they will take 8-9 months to take the decision.

Thats why I want to apply in person so 90% of their work will finish. I hope I can apply because I didnt see anybody's experience like me in this forum.