ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bankruptcy or Insolvent can effect application ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sys_sagar

Bankruptcy or Insolvent can effect application ?

Post by sys_sagar » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:01 pm

if the company has got struck-off, does it considered same as bankruptcy or insolvent. I have applied for naturalisation. The company I owned 5 years ago got struck-off by company house a year after and bank closed off the business account as well and the reason was that I didn't file any accounts with company house. No bankruptcy was filed and never received any mails from HMRC about pending payments or whatsoever. I didn't file any returns as no trading was done .I know that bankruptcy effects naturalisation applications. So , I am worried if it may effect mine as well.

sys_sagar

Re: Bankruptcy or Insolvent can effect application ?

Post by sys_sagar » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:24 pm

any comments from seniors or moderators might help

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:04 pm

sys_sagar wrote:any comments from seniors or moderators might help
Providing no proceedings were taken under the Insolvency Act 1986 and Insolvency Rules 1986 (as amended, most recently, by the Enterprise Act 2002) then it should have no affect. I assume that you did not try to avoid tax payments or did not try to deceive the DWP.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:30 pm

i did not get change to file any taxes with HMRC as company got struck-off. I have called HMRC and confirmed with them all my NI and taxes are up to date. So, I am not sure where else I can check. I also called company house and they also told me no proceedings were undertaken to collect any due. They just told me as I have not filed annual returns, they had to struck the company off the register.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:51 pm

sys_sagar wrote:i did not get change to file any taxes with HMRC as company got struck-off. I have called HMRC and confirmed with them all my NI and taxes are up to date. So, I am not sure where else I can check. I also called company house and they also told me no proceedings were undertaken to collect any due. They just told me as I have not filed annual returns, they had to struck the company off the register.
You should be fine then.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:11 pm

does anybody know how can I check if any proceedings were taken under insolvency act as I never received any notice whatsoever. I have also been employed for last 5 years and paid NI/taxes till date. Nothing is shown on my credit report to reflect as I would expect this should show on my credit report. recently i applied for amex credit card and approved for good limit.
any suggestions?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:06 pm

sys_sagar wrote:does anybody know how can I check if any proceedings were taken under insolvency act as I never received any notice whatsoever. I have also been employed for last 5 years and paid NI/taxes till date. Nothing is shown on my credit report to reflect as I would expect this should show on my credit report. recently i applied for amex credit card and approved for good limit.
any suggestions?
You can search the insolvency register.