ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Protest March outside PEOs, TIER 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vineetramdayal
Newly Registered

Protest March outside PEOs, TIER 1

Post by vineetramdayal » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:27 am

?h
Last edited by vineetramdayal on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:10 am

1. Please don't SHOUT.
2. You may have noticed that people are surprised by how quickly the UKBA are turning around cases. This is due to a commitment from the UKBA to the Home Office to get the backlog down - the idea is that the backlog won't grow much bigger except for complex cases.
3. The only people you will get to protest with you would be the ones with cases outstanding. For those of us who have had our cases dealt with, there is no reason to protest and most of us are just too grateful that we can stay in the country longer.
4. Part of the reason for the big workload is exactly the fact that people email / phone them about the pettiest of things. All the information is available on the internet and they are not there to provide an immigration hotline, they are simply there to make decisions on cases for the Home Office.
5. Not every immigrant in the UK is Indian.

For me, I'm just too grateful for being allowed to stay in the UK. I don't see it as a right, no matter how much money I paid, it's still a privilege that we are allowed to remain here.

Even an immigration-friendly country like Canada changed the rules a few years ago, which basically threw out tens of thousands of applications (announcement was made in November 2008 and it was backdated to February!!) in order to deal with their massive backlog. Is that what you want to happen here? Because that is one way of dealing with a backlog and it drastically improved turnaround times for a while. Or to completely stop family applications while they deal with the rest of the backlog? Really, things could be a lot worse than things just taking a bit of time. Immigration takes time, it doesn't just happen overnight (even when you think it does!). I just take it easy and see it as another adventure in my life - if it doesn't work out, then I'll move on; but I refuse to let it upset me, because I'm living for today, not for the passport I want in a few years.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

paladin
Newly Registered

Post by paladin » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:31 pm

mulderpf wrote:1. Please don't SHOUT.
2. You may have noticed that people are surprised by how quickly the UKBA are turning around cases. This is due to a commitment from the UKBA to the Home Office to get the backlog down - the idea is that the backlog won't grow much bigger except for complex cases.
3. The only people you will get to protest with you would be the ones with cases outstanding. For those of us who have had our cases dealt with, there is no reason to protest and most of us are just too grateful that we can stay in the country longer.
4. Part of the reason for the big workload is exactly the fact that people email / phone them about the pettiest of things. All the information is available on the internet and they are not there to provide an immigration hotline, they are simply there to make decisions on cases for the Home Office.

For me, I'm just too grateful for being allowed to stay in the UK. I don't see it as a right, no matter how much money I paid, it's still a privilege that we are allowed to remain here.

Even an immigration-friendly country like Canada changed the rules a few years ago, which basically threw out tens of thousands of applications (announcement was made in November 2008 and it was backdated to February!!) in order to deal with their massive backlog. Is that what you want to happen here? Because that is one way of dealing with a backlog and it drastically improved turnaround times for a while. Or to completely stop family applications while they deal with the rest of the backlog? Really, things could be a lot worse than things just taking a bit of time. Immigration takes time, it doesn't just happen overnight (even when you think it does!). I just take it easy and see it as another adventure in my life - if it doesn't work out, then I'll move on; but I refuse to let it upset me, because I'm living for today, not for the passport I want in a few years.
-- simply superb. :-)

susheel

Post by susheel » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:07 pm

mulderpf wrote:1. Please don't SHOUT.

I am 100 % agree with you.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:46 pm

DELETED