ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child registeration while kids are abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cheekyvirgin

Child registeration while kids are abroad

Post by cheekyvirgin » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:14 pm

Ukba suggest that any application for the child registeration as a British citizen has to come to UK and not to be dealt by your local consulate or embassy.

My kids were born in the UK and now living in pakistan from 1.5 years, question is it it ok to apply within the UK BYme as I have got their birth certificates and all other documents which are required ?

Please advice

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Child registeration while kids are abroad

Post by Amber » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:15 pm

cheekyvirgin wrote:Ukba suggest that any application for the child registeration as a British citizen has to come to UK and not to be dealt by your local consulate or embassy.

My kids were born in the UK and now living in pakistan from 1.5 years, question is it it ok to apply within the UK BYme as I have got their birth certificates and all other documents which are required ?

Please advice

Thanks
When your children were born in the UK did either parent have ILR?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

cheekyvirgin

Re: Child registeration while kids are abroad

Post by cheekyvirgin » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:50 pm

D4109125 wrote:
cheekyvirgin wrote:Ukba suggest that any application for the child registeration as a British citizen has to come to UK and not to be dealt by your local consulate or embassy.

Please advice

Thanks
When your children were born in the UK did either parent have ILR?
They were born in 2009 & 2011 respectively ! I have got my indefinite stay 2 weeks ago.

cheekyvirgin

Post by cheekyvirgin » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:51 pm

any one please

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:59 pm

No problem applying while they are abroad.

cheekyvirgin

Post by cheekyvirgin » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:17 pm

Jambo wrote:No problem applying while they are abroad.
Is there any template for consent letter which my wife can write on behalf of my kids as mention kids are with their mother back home.

many thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:25 pm

cheekyvirgin wrote: Is there any template for consent letter which my wife can write on behalf of my kids as mention kids are with their mother back home.

many thanks
What's wrong with using page 15 of the application form?

cheekyvirgin

Post by cheekyvirgin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:53 pm

Jambo wrote:
cheekyvirgin wrote: Is there any template for consent letter which my wife can write on behalf of my kids as mention kids are with their mother back home.

many thanks
What's wrong with using page 15 of the application form?
Hi Jambo

I'm more cautioned because my wife is in pakistan so she will be sending Attestation copy of my kids passports so she can send attested consent letter also.

Some country do not allow to send passport so home office website suggest that attested copy will sufficient.

Thanks