ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success - Croydon PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR11

ILR success - Croydon PEO

Post by ILR11 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:45 pm

Hello everyone,
I can't thank enough how much help and assists I got from all the experts from here helped me. I am glad to shout that I got the ILR successfully! So thank you to everyone.

I had two appointments - one for me at 9:30am and another for my wife at 10:30am. Mine was ILR and my wife's was dependent (PBS). We met four people and everyone was very helpful and nice.

It took 3 hours all together for both applications. Have some coins so that you can have some drinks and sandwiches from the Cafe inside while you are waiting. Apart from that,just follow their instructions, they are nice and helpful as long as your application is nice & clear and everything makes sense. And to make sure your application is full & ready, follow the instructors of the advises you get from the experts and seniors from here.

Once again, thank you to everyone who helped me!

ILR11

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: ILR success - Croydon PEO

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:55 pm

ILR11 wrote:Hello everyone,
I can't thank enough how much help and assists I got from all the experts from here helped me. I am glad to shout that I got the ILR successfully! So thank you to everyone.

I had two appointments - one for me at 9:30am and another for my wife at 10:30am. Mine was ILR and my wife's was dependent (PBS). We met four people and everyone was very helpful and nice.

It took 3 hours all together for both applications. Have some coins so that you can have some drinks and sandwiches from the Cafe inside while you are waiting. Apart from that,just follow their instructions, they are nice and helpful as long as your application is nice & clear and everything makes sense. And to make sure your application is full & ready, follow the instructors of the advises you get from the experts and seniors from here.

ILR11
Congratulations.If possible, You need to give more details of your experience.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

ifti786

Congrats

Post by ifti786 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:02 pm

Hi ILR11,

Lot of congrats. Can you please let us know what evidence you submited regarding your absence (annual leave) from UK?

Cheers.

Ifti

ILR11

Re: Congrats

Post by ILR11 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:00 am

So to provide a bit more details:

* In terms of documents we had:
1) Me :
a) Application Form - SET (O)
b) Passport
c) Two photos
d) Bank statement for last 12 months
e) Payslips for last 12 months

2) My wife :
a) Application form - PBS dependent
b) 3 months bank statement to prove the balance

We just had the documents required by the form and that was it :)

* Our experience on the day
1) Arrived in Croydon Home Office Centre by 8:50am
2) My appointment was 9:30am and my wife's was 10:30am (appointment was made this way because mine was ILR and my wife was dependent PBS on me)
3) At the door, advised the security guy that we are here for PEO. Was then asked to enter a waiting room for PEO. Since the opening hour was not yet, there a number of people waiting
4) Door opened at 9:00am and we queued for airport-looking-like security check

5) Went to the first room and the guy checked our payment form
6) When he confirmed the payment page was completed correctly, we were asked to go to upstair to make payment
7) Made payment by card (forgot to tell my bank that I will be making the large payment but thank God, it went through :)

8) Went to the main waiting room at 9:20am. By this time, we had a ticket from the payment booth with our waiting number. We both had only one ticket when we advised the payment booth that our application needs to be assessed together. A lady at the booth checked our entire form, took only 10 minutes and was asked to take a sit and wait to be called.

9) Was called for a Biometric at 9:40am. We went together. Biometric was completed by 10:00am. Very nice person and everything was very easy :)
10) Was asked to wait in the main waiting area again
11) By this time, the room was getting filled up with people with solicitors, people making payments back and forward
12) Waited a little long time...We were getting hungry and thirsty. There was a cafe but only accept cash.
13) At 10:45am, we were both called to come to present our applications and documents. She was a bit upset that we both only had one ticket number. But when we explained, she went away and came back in 5 minutes and said it is ok and she started assessing mine and my wife's application.

14) We were asked to go back to where we were sitting while she was assessing. She seemed like she knows what she needs to do and was only called once before she approved.

15) After 20 minutes, she called me again and said it is all fine and approved and the BRL card will be sent by post - hurray! :)

16) She took a bit of rest and called my wife at 11:05am.
17) Waited about another 20-30 minutes and was also called her visa is approved as well! Yahooooo! :)

18) Packed and came out at 12:00pm after listening all the instructions.

The whole experience was really good. Everyone was nice and easy and people were nice and helpful!

ILR11

Post by ILR11 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:01 am

ifti786 wrote:Hi ILR11,

Lot of congrats. Can you please let us know what evidence you submited regarding your absence (annual leave) from UK?

Cheers.

Ifti
Hi Ifti,
I only submitted my passport and that was it! :)

ILR11

ldbright

Post by ldbright » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:03 am

What type of via we're you on?

Tier1? Tier 2 ? Thank you.
ILR11 wrote:Hello everyone,

ILR11

ILR11

Post by ILR11 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:59 pm

I wad on HSMP for 2 years and then on Tier 1 for 3 years.

Thankd :)

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:13 pm

Congratulations Mate. Thank you for posting your Experience.A good suggestion ,to Provide only,the documents asked for in the SET O form. That's it. Did CW ask you any questions regarding your documents?
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

GenX

Post by GenX » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:28 am

congratulations on your success... can you please tell me what did you selected in section 6 where it asks for kind o documentation submitted for absence ...did you marked any of the option or left it blank???????????

Lorenzo
Newly Registered

Post by Lorenzo » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:37 am

ILR11 wrote:
ifti786 wrote:Hi ILR11,

Cheers.

Ifti
Hi Ifti,
I only submitted my passport and that was it! :)

ILR11

Congrats and please let me know how many days of absences did you had in total and what is the max days in a 12 month period. Is it only Annual leaves or Business as well and any unpaid leaves

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:46 am

Best of luck
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

ILR11

Post by ILR11 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:36 am

Hi Kevin,
The CW did not ask for any other docs. Just provided what was asked for and that was it :)

And only passport is provided as an evidence of absence. I only had personal holidays.

Hope this helps!

:)

Pratikshah2008

Post by Pratikshah2008 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:00 am

Hi ILR 11,

Many Congrats !!!!!

I am in same secutation as you but just wants to double check before I book my appoinment that I am on HSMP (3 + 2) Visa and I got married in Jan and my wife got the visa same as me so I need to book my appoinment but was bit confuse so as far as my knowladge now I have to book 2 diffrent Appoinment for Me ILR - SET(O) and for my wife PBS dependent is that right ?

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:12 am

Many Congrats mate !!!!!

ILR11

Post by ILR11 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:17 am

Pratikshah2008 wrote:Hi ILR 11,

Many Congrats !!!!!

I am in same secutation as you but just wants to double check before I book my appoinment that I am on HSMP (3 + 2) Visa and I got married in Jan and my wife got the visa same as me so I need to book my appoinment but was bit confuse so as far as my knowladge now I have to book 2 diffrent Appoinment for Me ILR - SET(O) and for my wife PBS dependent is that right ?
That is right. And when you are there, just tell them you are together (but show two applications) then they will know what to do.

Good luck! :)

Mind_The_Gap

Post by Mind_The_Gap » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:56 am

ILR11 wrote:Hi Kevin,
The CW did not ask for any other docs. Just provided what was asked for and that was it :)

And only passport is provided as an evidence of absence. I only had personal holidays.

Hope this helps!

First and foremost Congratulations ILR11! I have a rather trivial question but was curious as to what kind of attire you wore. Were you wearing a suit?

syed_ILR

Post by syed_ILR » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:05 pm

ILR11 wrote:Hi Kevin,

Hope this helps!

can you please tell the meaning of personal holidays??? is it paid? unpaid? not in employment? or what?? thanks

Anndeep

congrats

Post by Anndeep » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:23 pm

congratulations on your successful application.

I have a query regarding absences - you mentioned that you had personal holidays so is it OK to show brief periods of absence (within 180 days limit and included in paid annual leave) varying from 7-19 days? I am concerned as in some places the UKBA website says you should only be absent for business trips or in compelling circumstances.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.