ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (Tier 2 or 10 Years category)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR (Tier 2 or 10 Years category)

Post by huqqapani » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:14 pm

I will qualify to apply for ILR on 23rd July 2013 under 10 year category and on 19th December 2013 on 5 years Tier 2 category. I know the basic requirements for each but i am looking for advice on which category is straight forward to apply in (in terms of documents required to be submitted with each application). Also my wife joined me in UK in June 2011 as work permit dependent.

I also hear some requirement (amongst others) in Tier 2 category of providing Annual leave acknowledgement letter for 5 years of work permit history. I changed my employer for previous 4 years recently, not sure whether they will entertain a request such as above. I am however 100 percent sure that i have not taken more than 180 days in any 12 month period on work permit and passport entry/exit stamps prove it.

Please advise !

uksettlement
India

Re: ILR (Tier 2 or 10 Years category)

Post by uksettlement » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:32 pm

huqqapani wrote:I will qualify to apply for ILR on 23rd July 2013 under 10 year category and on 19th December 2013 on 5 years Tier 2 category. I know the basic requirements for each but i am looking for advice on which category is straight forward to apply in (in terms of documents required to be submitted with each application). Also my wife joined me in UK in June 2011 as work permit dependent.

I also hear some requirement (amongst others) in Tier 2 category of providing Annual leave acknowledgement letter for 5 years of work permit history. I changed my employer for previous 4 years recently, not sure whether they will entertain a request such as above. I am however 100 percent sure that i have not taken more than 180 days in any 12 month period on work permit and passport entry/exit stamps prove it.

Please advise !
I would be tempted to go for 5 years only because then you can go for a joint application with your wife and also you can go for PEO appointment. For 10 years application personal application isn't allowed.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:31 pm

Thanks uksettlement,

I personally like the idea of PEO application, its just the feeling you get with UKBA that they change laws for ILR.

Also, i switched employers 2 months ago, how important is the acknowledgement letter for holidays taken for the 4 years period i was with them. I have an absence report for 4 years from previous company that shows all the days taken off in this period (i'e annual leave, sick leave etc.). Would this suffice ?

Also, once you get ILR, is there any requirement to stay with your Tier 2 employer for a certain period of time, or do you get freedom as soon as you have ILR ?

Much appreciate any help.