ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Children British Passport application refused Islamabad

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naCC
BANNED

Children British Passport application refused Islamabad

Post by naCC » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:50 am

Hi I sent British Passport application for my children in Islamabad but they refused to accept it and the reason was that "Father's passport is not present" . I am in the UK how can I send my passport with the application. and why do they need Father's passport when attested copies of my passport are attached ? and its not possible to send passport by post anyway.
I submitted all the original documents
Birth Certificate
British registration certificate
Marriage certificate
etc

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Children British Passport application refused Islamabad

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:05 am

naCC wrote: and its not possible to send passport by post anyway.
Why would you think that?

naCC
BANNED

Re: Children British Passport application refused Islamabad

Post by naCC » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:11 am

Lucapooka wrote:
naCC wrote: and its not possible to send passport by post anyway.
Why would you think that?
For some countries you cant send passport over the border without the passport holder.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:15 am

If indeed that law applies (and have you actually checked?), it would be with regard to national passports. Country X, for example, may prevent a Country X passport being shipped outside its national territory, but it would not prevent a British (or any foreign) passport being shipped in or out.

Most countries now operate a centralized hub for passport applications so it's commonplace to send documents in the post. Here in Brazil, I have to send my UK passport to the USA when I apply for my kids UK passports.

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:23 am

I got Pakistani Passport with ILR so I believe I cant send my passport by post, and the question is that Why do they need my passport anyway ? they got attested copies of my passport, they got original Birth certificates, Original British Citizen Certificates of Children.

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:24 pm

naCC

Did you not chose the option of applying ROA for your baby?

My wife is in pakistan and will have baby in August but her spouse visa will expire in December, so I am thinking of getting ROA sticker in baby passport.

How long did it take to get the reply from Islamabad?

Regards

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:59 pm

lynxukauq wrote:naCC

My wife is in pakistan and will have baby in August but her spouse visa will expire in December, so I am thinking of getting ROA sticker in baby passport.

Regards
Hi Sorry I dont know whats ROA, but when My wife went to submit the documents they did not accept the application at all they checked the documents and refused to accept them.

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:31 pm

naCC wrote:

Regards
Hi Sorry I dont know whats ROA, but when My wife went to submit the documents they did not accept the application at all they checked the documents and refused to accept them.
ROA is right of abode (certificate of entitlement for right of abode), its basically a sticker which they will place it on ur baby pakistani passport so that he can travel to UK. Apparently that is alot quicker than applying for British passport which can take several months. And when your baby arrives in UK then you can apply for his passport here.

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:39 pm

lynxukauq wrote:
naCC wrote:

Regards
ROA is right of abode (certificate of entitlement for right of abode), its basically a sticker which they will place it on ur baby pakistani passport so that he can travel to UK. Apparently that is alot quicker than applying for British passport which can take several months. And when your baby arrives in UK then you can apply for his passport here.
Thanks , My children (Both under 2 Years) were born in the UK and are registered as British Citizen do you think we can go ROA route ?

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:08 pm

No once you get registered as British citizen you can't apply for ROA.
Who is this british passport that you are applying for in Islamabad?

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:21 pm

lynxukauq wrote:No once you get registered as British citizen you can't apply for ROA.
Who is this british passport that you are applying for in Islamabad?
My children

akhan47

Post by akhan47 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:15 am

lynxukauq wrote:
naCC wrote:

Regards
My wife gave birth in Pakistan last month and we are still waiting for the appeal date for her spouse visa (deadline is June 4th).

I was on the verge of applying for British citizenship and passport for my daughter but if ROA is faster then I will do that. Anymore info/advice you can give? How long do they take for ROA? Would be nice if my wife's case was overturned after appeal and they could come over with the child on ROA...
Applied in Islamabad: 03/07/12
Refused: 14/11/12
Appealed: 26/11/12
Court Date: 02/09/2013
Appeal Unsuccessful.
Re-applied in Islamabad: 20/01/2014
Refused: 15/09/14
Court Date: 09/05/2015
Appeal allowed.
Awaiting call letter.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:40 am

lynxukauq wrote:No once you get registered as British citizen you can't apply for ROA.
That is incorrect. A British citizen, without a British passport, may apply for a Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of Abode.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:23 am

Thats not fair I cant go back and cant send my passport either due to my job and seriously thinking to apply for their Passports from Inside the UK.

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:01 am

vinny wrote:
That is incorrect. A British citizen, without a British passport, may apply for a Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of Abode.
Sorry what I meant was if you are already have British Passport then you can't apply for COE to ROA.