ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

query about dependant visastatus after mainapplicant got ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arihan

query about dependant visastatus after mainapplicant got ILR

Post by arihan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:50 am

Myself and mywife both are in Tier-2 general and dependent visa respectively which is valid till Dec, 2013.

Now I got my ILR on Thursday (18th April) however mywife is not eligible at the moment as she has not finished two years in UK .

So can she continue with her present visa status ( i.e Tier-2 dependant) till Dec, 2013 even if the main applicant visa got changed to ILR ?. Please confirm.

If its written anywhere in the UKBA website then pls send me that link or details.

Regards
Arihan

arihan

Post by arihan » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:24 pm

Does anyone know the answer to this pls....

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:12 am

She can. No problem. Also , please share your success story here which will benifit others. Please provide details including employer reference letter and whether your employer mentioned SOC code 2010 or 2000 ? Also , did you get a letter for your leaves from employer ? Thanks.

vinny

Re: query about dependant visastatus after mainapplicant got

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:24 am

arihan wrote:So can she continue with her present visa status ( i.e Tier-2 dependant) till Dec, 2013 even if the main applicant visa got changed to ILR ?. Please confirm.
See also Got ILR - Should Wife go for FLR (M) or SET (M).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

arihan

Post by arihan » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:01 am

Overview :- I came uk in April , 2008 in TIER2-ICT . Then april2010, I switched over to tier 2 general . In the last 5 years I ve taken total 107 days holiday ( 20 days approx each year )

Went with solicitor ( though solicitor not required at all if its straight forward )
Following documents I ve taken
1. Passport and biometric card
2. 2 photos with back side full name
3. Three months bank statement
4. Three months pay slip ( salary of each month should reflect in the bank statement )
5. Previous company relieving and experience letter
6. Previous company P45 which you receive when you leave company
7. P60 of those years when you with previous company
(I.e in my case 2008-2009, 2009-2010)
8. Life in the uk pass certificate
9. Employer letter ( that should mention SOC CODE , however in my case company put that soc code which is as per their record , I.e soc 2000 system)
However company can also mention like "soc code as per current system :- 2136" like that .. It depends on company HR.
10. In the set-o form -
Immigration history :- as my total no of holidays less than 180 so I left that section blank which says "what evidence you providing for out of uk etc.. "

11. There is another section where you need to fill soc code , salary, no of hours..
I filled the soc code as per the current system :-2136
Salary per year :- 29800 as mentioned in the new soc system
No of hours per week :- 37.5 hours as per soc system

Left blank the rest of that like (salary per week, no of hours per year etc ..)

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:50 pm

Thanks !! Congratulations!
The information you provided was really helpful. It seems it is fine even if you have SOC 2000 code(Where COS was issued before 6th April) . Actually many employer are saying they will provide reference letter with SOC code maintained in their system. Should give big relief to people who were finding it difficult to get SOC 2010 code mentioned in the letter.