ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for Naturalisation from March 2007

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CstrM8
Newly Registered

Application for Naturalisation from March 2007

Post by CstrM8 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:51 pm

Does anyone have just submitted their application for naturalisation just before the new fees took effect?

I am a bit worried because it has been more than a week now since I have submitted our family application (NCS on 27 March 2007) and I have been checking my bank account regularly to check if Home Office have taken my payment but still they have not.

Anybody else who has a similar situation like me?

mon
Newly Registered

Post by mon » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:11 pm

yes, I submitted mine by NCS on 28th March, no fees taken yet. I'm going to call them tuesday if no progress. Nice to know I'm not alone, I suspect there was a rush of applications before the new fees. hopefully the delays won't be too long lived. Did you get the tracking number from NCS? you can check delivery on royal mail's website, which will by now have the electronic proof of delivery.

CstrM8
Newly Registered

Submissions on or after March 2007

Post by CstrM8 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:25 pm

Hello there! Thanks for sharing your experience.

How do you find the tracking number? I am not sure if the NCS checker gave me one. Is that the same as the Home Office Ref No. which you use if you want the ring the Home Office for follow-up?

mon
Newly Registered

Post by mon » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:35 pm

it may well be - I was only given one reference, so if they've given you a reference number it is probably the special delivery one, should be two letters, 10 numbers followed by GB.

go to http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm and enter it in the 'track and trace' section (bottom right hand corner on first page)... worst that can happen is it doesn't know, at which point it may be a home office specific number.

CstrM8
Newly Registered

Post by CstrM8 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:40 pm

Yes I've got it! That's right, Royal Mail Track and Trace ref# is the same as the Home Office ref#. I have checked the Royal Mail website and the Home Office in Liverpool received my family's application on 28/03/2007, the day after our NCS appointment.

I noticed you had NCS in Hampshire on 27/03/07. Was yours in the Aldershot Register Office? My husband and I had our NCS on same day in Aldershot.

mon
Newly Registered

Post by mon » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:55 pm

yep, that's me. if you were the 1.30 appointment, i was the woman in the waiting room on your way out!

CstrM8
Newly Registered

Post by CstrM8 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:06 pm

Sorry to say our appointment was much earlier. We went in at 10.30 and finished at about 11.30am. We were followed by another Asian looking couple though. Maybe they were the ones you saw!

Anyway, nice chatting with you. Hope you update all of us here in this forum about the status/development of your naturalisation application. We'll do the same!

Good luck! :D

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:47 pm

It takes a while before they take the payment. In my case, I apply on 29 January, and they cashed my cheque on 13 February (three days after I'd got an acknowledgement letter saying that the fee had been paid in full).

Khurram

Post by Khurram » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:53 am

Made my wife's nationality application on the 1st of Feb and the fee was charged to the credit card on the 12th ... though I wouldn't be surprised if it were to take the IND a little more than 2 weeks for applications filed in Feb/March.

Regards

AlexCh

Post by AlexCh » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:54 am

It seems that my wife's application would be the latest :) - she applied via NCS on 29th of March around 5PM, the application was sent next day and was delivered (according to Royal Mail) to the IND on the 31st of March (last day before April price change and it was Saturday!), we still hope that they will charge the old prices - so far we do not see anything on her credit card.

On the other hand, I applied for naturalisation via NCS on 29th of June 2006, the letter was delivered to IND on 30th and they took the money on the same day! The whole process from the application to the ceremony took just 68 days. 8) Was I just lucky? Or they worked better last year?

mon
Newly Registered

Post by mon » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:22 am

I would recommend that anyone applying this close to the line prints out the electronic proof of delivery - I don't know how long they're available on line and, believe it or not, my faith in the home office is such that it wouldn't truly surprise me if they tried to charge the higher fee.

AlexCh

Post by AlexCh » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:17 pm

mon wrote:I would recommend that anyone applying this close to the line prints out the electronic proof of delivery - I don't know how long they're available on line and, believe it or not, my faith in the home office is such that it wouldn't truly surprise me if they tried to charge the higher fee.
My letter sent in June 2006 is still searchable on the Royal Mail site - checked it several days ago.