ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do Earnings Have To Be Consecutive 12 Months ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aamirwani

Do Earnings Have To Be Consecutive 12 Months ?

Post by aamirwani » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:46 pm

It might sound a very silly question to most of you here but i have a bit of confusion...

On the UKBA website its says //"Earnings must be made up of 12 consecutive months and must normally fall within the 15 months before your application"\\

And on Tier1 general application form it says //"You can claim points for previous earnings for any single, consecutive 12 month
period from the 15 months immediately before this application."\\

My Question is Do Earnings Have To Be Consecutive 12 Months or Can I Skip some Months in Between and claim for 12 months (nonconsecutive) within last 15 months ?

ddd
Newly Registered

Post by ddd » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:48 pm

The 12 months must be consecutive, but you don't have to use all 12. So you can skip months within the 12 month timeframe, but you cannot extend that timeframe.

Perdesi007

Re: Do Earnings Have To Be Consecutive 12 Months ?

Post by Perdesi007 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:53 am

aamirwani wrote:It might sound a very silly question to most of you here but i have a bit of confusion...

On the UKBA website its says //"Earnings must be made up of 12 consecutive months and must normally fall within the 15 months before your application"\\

And on Tier1 general application form it says //"You can claim points for previous earnings for any single, consecutive 12 month
period from the 15 months immediately before this application."\\

My Question is Do Earnings Have To Be Consecutive 12 Months or Can I Skip some Months in Between and claim for 12 months (nonconsecutive) within last 15 months ?
Hello,

you can choose 12 months in a row from past 15 months but you cannot pick and choose any months of your own choice.

You have a choice to claim the points in 12 months, 11 months or even in 10 months if you don't want o show all 12 months but you can not select months of your own choice.

I hope this answers your question.

aamirwani

Thanks for your reply.

Post by aamirwani » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:36 pm

So you mean I can not pick and choose 12 months from the last Immediate 15th months.

I was on a career break for 3 months last year (sep oct & nov) and was thinking if I could skip those months and still claim for 12 months within last 15. So if i understood you correctly are you saying that I can't do that. .

Regards

pt100

Post by pt100 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:59 pm

Hi buddy

Unfortunately, that is right. For example, when applying on 25th April 2013, you can claim earnings for any consecutive twelve-month period between 25th January 2012 to 24th April 2013

Regards,

Prashant

rehanann
Newly Registered

Post by rehanann » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:48 pm

Hi;
Just a thought if i will show my earning from between first 7 month from 15 months and complete the requisites for earning will this be acceptable for ilr?

but also i will be in job after 7 months and earning and include salary slip with the other docs?

just let me is that possible.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:06 pm

ddd wrote:The 12 months must be consecutive, but you don't have to use all 12. So you can skip months within the 12 month timeframe, but you cannot extend that timeframe.
This is the correct interpretation. It is not like you can pick and choose within the 12 month window, but there can be gaps within the 12 month window and that is perfectly fine.

For eg., you worked for the 1st 3 months, with 1 employer, and took a career break for 3 months and then worked for the rest of the 6 months with another employer.

This is perfectly acceptable.
Cheers,
OR