ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NOC from Landlord

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

meetvans

NOC from Landlord

Post by meetvans » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:01 am

To Fellow Members,

I am planning to apply for my husband's visa from India based on my ILR. I recently moved into a 1 bedroom furnished flat and
have signed a Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement with a private landlord for a fixed term of 6 months effective from April 2013. I've got the Water and the Council Tax bills
in my name as well as the Inventory detailing the contents available as its a furnished flat and
I pay the monthly rent to my landlord's account from my bank account.

The issue that I have got is my landlord is not willing to provide me a consent letter. He is persistently telling me that if someone asks or enquires any information related to
your residence and your husband occupying the property, then he would provide the consent then, as he does not want to involve himself in any of the visa matters.

So I'm not sure what to do in this case. I've tried all I could to convince but he's not ready to bulge. I'm stuck.
As its a self contained flat and can accomodate 2 persons easily, do I still need to get a letter from the Landlord

Need some advice. Thanks

0zzy1

Re: NOC from Landlord

Post by 0zzy1 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:41 pm

meetvans wrote:To Fellow Members,

I am planning to apply for my husband's visa from India based on my ILR. I recently moved into a 1 bedroom furnished flat and
have signed a Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement with a private landlord for a fixed term of 6 months effective from April 2013. I've got the Water and the Council Tax bills
in my name as well as the Inventory detailing the contents available as its a furnished flat and
I pay the monthly rent to my landlord's account from my bank account.

The issue that I have got is my landlord is not willing to provide me a consent letter. He is persistently telling me that if someone asks or enquires any information related to
your residence and your husband occupying the property, then he would provide the consent then, as he does not want to involve himself in any of the visa matters.

So I'm not sure what to do in this case. I've tried all I could to convince but he's not ready to bulge. I'm stuck.
As its a self contained flat and can accomodate 2 persons easily, do I still need to get a letter from the Landlord

Need some advice. Thanks
Why don't you hire a lawyer and ask him to tell your landlord that a consent letter is mandatory for a successful visa application. I'm sure a lawyer will be able to persuade him.

Daznov
Newly Registered

Re: NOC from Landlord

Post by Daznov » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:22 am

meetvans wrote:The issue that I have got is my landlord is not willing to provide me a consent letter. He is persistently telling me that if someone asks or enquires any information related to
Re-assure him that he won't be getting involved, no-one is going to come knocking on his door, it's just a signed letter stating he has no objection. In reality, it's no different than a tenant writing to him asking if their partner can move in and he replies "Yes, blah blah can live with you." The last bit would be slipping him some money, a bottle of wine and a letter to sign. It would probably be cheaper than a solicitor. Not sure if it would work, but I'm afraid you will have to be persistent as you are locked in to an AST for six months. Changing his mind will be easier than getting out of it.